Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess first you have to ask yourself whether or not you even believe in pride. I'm sure most here do though. Some people are proud of their talents, others are proud of some sort of accomplishment (degrees, or collecting stamps/coins/whatnot). What's your source of pride?

Let's go with this definition of pride:
Pride is, depending on the interactional and cultural context, either a high sense of one's personal status (i.e., leading to judgements of personality and character) or the specific mostly positive emotion that is a product of praise or independent self-reflection. Philosophers and social psychologists have noted that pride is a complex secondary emotion which requires the development of a sense of self and the mastery of relevant conceptual distinctions (e.g., that pride is distinct from happiness and joy) through language-based interaction with others. Some social psychologists identify it as linked to a signal of high social status. One definition of pride in the first sense comes from St. Augustine: "the love of one's own excellence". In this sense, the opposite of pride is humility. []Error

·
Administrator
INTJ - ILI - 8w9 - Grunt
22,848 Posts
I was told once that I was indomitable and I really thought the person who said it at the time was using it as little more than a throw away line. He used the word so much that I think he actually chose his words carefully. What's more, I think it might be true. I don't give up hope and I keep going in spite of the many obstacles which have been in my way.

I am proud to be able to think the motherfuckingshit out of something.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
I was once called a formidable woman.

This was the best compliment I have ever received.

Reactions: nyn and beth x

·
Registered
114 Posts
Certain meaningless accomplishments, and impressive equipment.

Examples:

Using my anger and determination to get anything to work against all odds. I have often gone into other people's rooms and shouted I HAVE DONE IT or FUCK YES after hours of me working on something

Also, when I have something unique or interesting to show off, I do so. Though it feels like that sense of pride always causes such things to break - I try not to be prideful of material objects but it can be difficult

also my huge dick

I am proud of that

1 - 10 of 10 Posts