Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm an INFJ, and I'm recently out of a relationship with an ESTP. Part of the reason it didn't work out was a personality clash.

According to this personality stuff you just are a perfect match to INFJs, but I don't think I've ever met one. I wish to avoid further clashes.

So...what makes you guys so awesome?

(Having read the You Know You’re an ENTP When Section, I’m starting to have an idea. )

At least for us INFJs anyway, and what is it you like about us?

While I am myself wonderful, I'm not sure specifically why you're type would be into us.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I don't know what makes ENTPs awesome in general; their strong personalities. I would also say that ENTPs are very bold.
I myself rock at spearing people, just saying.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've read descriptions of what ENTPs are like, but I don't think I've ever actually met one. It's odd really, as I used to do debating and acting...so you'd think there would be a few ENTPs doing that too.

I guess what I am really asking is...what’s a real ENTP like, beyond general descriptions, and why would that supposedly be a better fit for an INFJ than another type? Especially compared to an ESTP, who in some ways are surely very similar. Would someone like that really be interested in a quirt sort like an INFJ?

I’m not taking this as a cast iron thing...I am only compatible with blah...but I thought it was interesting as I sometimes joke I’d be a good fit with a well read lawyer, someone intelligent and a bit more practical than me. I’ve read ENTPs described in a similar way, so am I unconsciously looking for that sort of person anyway?

Or maybe I have met ENTPs before, and I've simply not been all that interested...or they in me.

So basicly prove to me your awsome...if you can that is...:wink:

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The question you asked in the thread title implies that ENTP awesomeness is a given.
I don't see the need to convince you further of our awesomeness.
Well all types are awesome in some way, or at least I think so, hence the apparent implication. The question however was not, are ENTPs awesome, but WHY are you so awesome.

What is it that makes ENTPs awesome in ways that other types are not? What makes you special?

Or aren’t you special?

Ok, a lot of you seem witty and amusing, but then so are ESTPs and other extroverts. Cold hearted? Other Ts can do that quite well. I've really yet to see what makes you distinctive, especially with types where you are only separated by one letter.

Yes there are posts about ENTPs being great or not, but the key thing here is why, and why compared to other types.

*sigh* and I thought you guys liked showing off...

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I can't stand the stress of being this awesome all the time.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ok, a lot of you seem witty and amusing, but then so are ESTPs and other extroverts. Cold hearted? Other Ts can do that quite well. I've really yet to see what makes you distinctive, especially with types where you are only separated by one letter.
ESTPs just sell the things we invent. Light bulb, graphic interface, relational database - all invented by ENTPs. If it weren't for us, you'd be having this conversation with yourself on a stone tablet....in the dark.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Our minds have seven league boots. That is the way in which we differ from ESTPs. It is the most important thing. The four-letter classification maybe makes you think we are , say, only 25% different, being different by only one letter? but that letter is the one that holds the dominant function, and that makes us very different indeed.

Ne-Ti is a combination that allows us to gather up the universe in a butterfly net, tie it into a cat's cradle 6 different ways and give it back to you, gift-wrapped and fully functional.

It's probably just as well that half the time we can't be bothered, as being that awesome all the time could get a little tiresome.
:happy:

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
ENTP's of course go on about how awesome we are and everything, but beyond that - I think by and large we're not into talking ourselves up or bragging or making specific claims. We "prove" why we're awesome by doing, not talking, and I think it's part of our awesomeness that we really don't care to prove ourselves to people. It just feels pedantic and unnecessary. If you want to take for granted that I'm awesome, ok, thanks? I wouldn't argue with you. But "PROVE IT!!" is just kind of an off-putting premise.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"PROVE IT!!" is just kind of an off-putting premise.
Point taken. The prove it element was more me just trying to be playful, and elcit a playful response.

I didn't want it too seem like I was going all serious, putting on my Freud glasses and pulling out a notebook. Let us examine the specimens...type of thing.

But maybe that made it seem like I was reclining on a divan and telling you to perform for my amusement, like dancing monkeys, and ENTPs don't perform for anyone’s amusement but their own.

Oh look, I'm learning!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts