Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
A more quiet joy comes from looking out upon nature. I live in a somewhat rural area and it can be so beautiful at times.

The more raucous joy comes from just letting loose when I'm alone to music. Usually pop, dance and techno music from the 80s and 90s is what gets me moving without a care.

2,781 Posts
For me the most joyous things in life involve being in nature. Walking the trails, listening to the birds, feeling the breeze, walking barefoot on a beach, gazing at the stars, napping in the grass, watching a sunrise or sunset, the smell of rain, and the warmth of the sun, the beautiful silence...it gives me joy and soothes my soul.

·
Registered
91 Posts
When there's no one home. Cuz then I can dance and sing my heart out without feeling like an utter fool.

·
Banned
898 Posts
I guess I like the rare moments when I feel perfectly at peace, all my senses stimulated nicely...eg, being freshly showered and feeling a nice breeze with the smell of woodsmoke or coffee about, while listening to good music, watching the sun set, and eating or drinking something warm and delicious lol I'm a perfectionist...and contemplating things simultaneously. I crave peace and comfort more than I do stimulation generally.

·
Banned
1,526 Posts
The other day as I was enjoying a stroll alongside a creek I decided my one true talent is recognizing and appreciating beauty in all its forms. So that's what makes my heart sing- when I am in the midst of all the beauty surrounding and within me.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For me the most joyous things in life involve being in nature. Walking the trails, listening to the birds, feeling the breeze, walking barefoot on a beach, gazing at the stars, napping in the grass, watching a sunrise or sunset, the smell of rain, and the warmth of the sun, the beautiful silence...it gives me joy and soothes my soul.
I agree! :) There´s a special smell when rain has passed by and nature is refreshed.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The other day as I was enjoying a stroll alongside a creek I decided my one true talent is recognizing and appreciating beauty in all its forms. So that's what makes my heart sing- when I am in the midst of all the beauty surrounding and within me.
Yes yes yes! I so much agree! There´s so much beauty to be experienced if eyes just are opened.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Hugs, learning something new, getting a new idea for a poem, the feeling of finally accomplishing something I've been working really hard towards, finding a really amazing outfit on sale....

There's also something invigorating about having a clean home, and knowing I contributed to that.

·
Registered
7,676 Posts
Being productive, not in the typical academic sense though. While getting some things out of the way really helps me relax, I feel genuinely happy whenever I immerse myself in a task, such as cooking, painting, drawing, writing, reading. I miss it, it's been such a long time.

Also, having amazing conversations with someone who I feel understands. There is nothing more fulfilling in my opinion, than connecting with someone on that level.

·
Registered
4 Posts
See my avatar-these guys (swallow-tailed kites) have been swooping around outside my apartment building for a solid month now-up to a dozen at one time. Understand that this particular raptor isn't exactly what you would call common-you're fortunate if you see one once in awhile. But no, there they are playing games with each other, swooping and chasing and wheeling and chirping. They make my heart almost ache and I'm constantly scooping my jaw off of the ground. The very epitome of artful grace.

·
Registered
947 Posts
See my avatar-these guys (swallow-tailed kites) have been swooping around outside my apartment building for a solid month now-up to a dozen at one time. Understand that this particular raptor isn't exactly what you would call common-you're fortunate if you see one once in awhile. But no, there they are playing games with each other, swooping and chasing and wheeling and chirping. They make my heart almost ache and I'm constantly scooping my jaw off of the ground. The very epitome of artful grace.
Nice Light Incal reference ;)

Reading a book that tickles my fancy, an intellectual/emotional book(article, documentary, etc), playing my guitar, writing my stories, and when I could be my genuine self with certain people and make a good connection!
It might not be just my heart anymore, my self will be singing loud with joy :)

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Inspiration. And understanding things. Either about myself or something I'm reading about. You know, when something just clicks and you go "Oh!". LOVE that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts