Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will start. I don't know if this has been done before-- probably, but I'm new.
Mom is ENTJ-- I always think I should be more ENTJ ish. Leadership was a big deal to me for a long time, it was something I thought I should be. Crazily the sibling she most adores is the unbalanced INFP who gets into Trouble (don't worry I love her) but it's like there is a whole different standard for me. She really endorsed education. I have a Masters degree and I think it was just 2 years ago that I realized that this woman for who education seems to mean the world does not have a college degree. Well done on her part pushing us for scholarships, etc.

Dad is a ISTP-- dad had to tend to my emotional needs whenever my mom was too hard on me and he did well and even more so considering F is his last function. What a guy! Cheerful and humble and basically a genius. Supportive and non-assuming. He's very shy and always smiling. He loves adventure-both my parents do- and he loves music and music is one of the most important gifts he gave me. Gosh, I THINk he's an ISTP.

Alright the floor is yours...

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Step-dad: ENxx
The guy who raised me, but passed away. He really confuses me. He was ex-army, so he had all these ideas about being organised and regimented growing up, and would always be pushing me to be organised- but I got the sense he was not born like that, he used to talk about how the army changed him. VERY intelligent, but lacked the drive to fulfill his potential I sense- he was always pushing me to set up routines. He was a butchers' son who became a trainee solicitor at one point I believe, which in his day would probably have taken substantial raw talent to be that upwardly mobile, but he was struck off for some reason, then went into the army, and hopped around different fields afterward. Intelligent, very sporty in his younger days (he had trials for Surrey County Cricket), Outgoing/Charming.. All he was lacking was that most important of qualities- DRIVE.
The funny thing is, the older I get, the more I feel like I take after him. I remember him getting frustrated at my mother's complete inability to be pragmatic in anything, and I'm like a mirror of him at times as an adult. He was always so capable and could do anything with ease, but lacked the drive to be the ultra-successful person he could have been, something which I somewhat see in myself.. His leadership qualities looking after my family have shaped me a lot, and I think a lot of the best leadership qualities that have emerged as I've gotten older can probably be attributed to him now.

Mother: INFP
I mean, she's had a difficult life because of her personality. Her parents (my grandparents) became teachers through the smoke and dust of the aftermath of the Korean War, which is a profession that back then was highly regarded (like a doctor or lawyer), then they have my uncle who is a PhD, has an IQ of 155 or something, director of a telecommunications company.. My grandmother's side also has a history of being in the anti-communist aristocracy in the North (pre-war) before her father was executed and she fled south.. So she's coming from this background of high-achievers, and she's almost like the black sheep of the family.. Imagine being an Fi-dom having to deal with that. She fails her teacher training (I strongly believe she has ADD), and even though she's a sane person, she's basically had to lean on people her entire life. Now that I've left home, I do worry about her being alone, because I always doubt her capabilities to do things for herself. That's been a big part of my psychology, where, don't get me wrong I've not had it THAT bad, but it sometimes feels like I am an older sibling to my own mother.

I think between my step-father's pragmatic perspective, and my mother's complete lack of those qualities therefore always needing someone to compensate for her- I can see why I've emerged this way. When I was growing up I was very Fi-heavy, but as an adult there has been a strict need for me to develop Te.

Now that I am old enough to understand this stuff.. it is interesting, how things work out.

·
Registered
962 Posts
My dad is an ENTJ, and my mom is an ESFJ. Being an ENFJ, I'm a blend of their personalities, and my brother, who is an ESTJ, is also a blend of their personalities, albeit a different one.

Not sure if that's genetic, based on upbringing, or both. My mom is the daughter of an ESFP and and ISFJ, and she is a blend of their personalities. My dad is the son of an ISTJ and an ENFJ, and I suppose he's a good blend of his parents' personalities as well. I've noticed a trend in my family with this, though I know that it isn't the case for everyone.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
My dad is a fellow ENFP, and my mom is an ESTJ.

On the surface, I obviously appear much more like my dad, but I share much more of the enneagram with my mom. My dad is a 7w6-3w2-9w1 so/sx, an opportunistic business-y sort of guy, but he lacks the follow-through and practicality to actually succeed at any business ventures and is now bankrupt. My mom, on the other hand, is a 1w2-6w5-3w2 sp/so, so we share the 1 and 6, and at the core I relate more to her, being much more cautious and principled than my dad. I'm still an ENFP, of course, so I'm silly, imaginative, etc., but my dad was not very involved in my upbringing; sure, he was there, but my mom is the one who actually raised me and made me the person I am today.

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Flamming Bassoon, it sounds like you had a good relationship with your ESTJ mom and that's really cool. I've had such an extremely bad experience with my ESTJ mother in law and one of my current managers who is a carbon copy of the MIL. I think I don't even know what a healthy ESTJ would be like. Or what a healthy ESTJ/ENFP relationship would look like (I gotta take some responsibility, right). Please enlighten me or describe if you don't mind please, because it is one of my "growing" goals to figure out how to work with them.

Reactions: ENFPurpleKitti

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Step-dad: ENxx
The guy who raised me, but passed away. He really confuses me. He was ex-army, so he had all these ideas about being organised and regimented growing up, and would always be pushing me to be organised- but I got the sense he was not born like that, he used to talk about how the army changed him. VERY intelligent, but lacked the drive to fulfill his potential I sense- he was always pushing me to set up routines. He was a butchers' son who became a trainee solicitor at one point I believe, which in his day would probably have taken substantial raw talent to be that upwardly mobile, but he was struck off for some reason, then went into the army, and hopped around different fields afterward. Intelligent, very sporty in his younger days (he had trials for Surrey County Cricket), Outgoing/Charming.. All he was lacking was that most important of qualities- DRIVE.
The funny thing is, the older I get, the more I feel like I take after him. I remember him getting frustrated at my mother's complete inability to be pragmatic in anything, and I'm like a mirror of him at times as an adult. He was always so capable and could do anything with ease, but lacked the drive to be the ultra-successful person he could have been, something which I somewhat see in myself.. His leadership qualities looking after my family have shaped me a lot, and I think a lot of the best leadership qualities that have emerged as I've gotten older can probably be attributed to him now.

Mother: INFP
I mean, she's had a difficult life because of her personality. Her parents (my grandparents) became teachers through the smoke and dust of the aftermath of the Korean War, which is a profession that back then was highly regarded (like a doctor or lawyer), then they have my uncle who is a PhD, has an IQ of 155 or something, director of a telecommunications company.. My grandmother's side also has a history of being in the anti-communist aristocracy in the North (pre-war) before her father was executed and she fled south.. So she's coming from this background of high-achievers, and she's almost like the black sheep of the family.. Imagine being an Fi-dom having to deal with that. She fails her teacher training (I strongly believe she has ADD), and even though she's a sane person, she's basically had to lean on people her entire life. Now that I've left home, I do worry about her being alone, because I always doubt her capabilities to do things for herself. That's been a big part of my psychology, where, don't get me wrong I've not had it THAT bad, but it sometimes feels like I am an older sibling to my own mother.

I think between my step-father's pragmatic perspective, and my mother's complete lack of those qualities therefore always needing someone to compensate for her- I can see why I've emerged this way. When I was growing up I was very Fi-heavy, but as an adult there has been a strict need for me to develop Te.

Now that I am old enough to understand this stuff.. it is interesting, how things work out.
Your mom's story could be a movie--utterly fascinating. I do wonder sometimes how it is that some people choose to lean on others and others choose to be strong and care for others.
About Te. I keep insisting in other threads that feelers and the value system is logical,what do you think of that article I just posted? I've been trying to figure out how my Te manifests. How do you think it shows itself for you? drive?

Reactions: Falling Foxes

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
My dad is an ENTJ, and my mom is an ESFJ. Being an ENFJ, I'm a blend of their personalities, and my brother, who is an ESTJ, is also a blend of their personalities, albeit a different one.

Not sure if that's genetic, based on upbringing, or both. My mom is the daughter of an ESFP and and ISFJ, and she is a blend of their personalities. My dad is the son of an ISTJ and an ENFJ, and I suppose he's a good blend of his parents' personalities as well. I've noticed a trend in my family with this, though I know that it isn't the case for everyone.
I need to get my dad to take the test....If he's actually ISFP then your theory holds! =)
*Addendum: I read the descriptions through. Nah, he is an ISTP. =)

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
I get your issue with your ISTP father. I also have a father who I think is a Ti-dom but with high Fe. I'm switching between INTP and INFJ with him. I'm leaning more towards INTP simply because I think I got all of my Ne-like tendencies from him and he always seems invigorated by Ti through his hobbies and interests and being such a pedantic guy but he's sensitive, vulnerable and family focused. Ni doesn't fit as well.

I am also struggling to type my mother. I think this is because they are mature that there is no obvious inferior function. I think my mum is an ESFJ since Si and Fe fit... Bleh, she's not a traditionalist but more nostalgic. (but she could be an ESFP who mellowed out later in life, weak Ni fits. Se fits her more adventurous youth)

My parents both did a good job, accepting, liberating, giving me the free environment I needed. They encouraged me, I never once felt strong conflict with them.

I think I ended up with Fi morals influenced by Fe perspective and a high dose of Ti despite it not being a part of my stack.

I could relate to my dad well, we naturally had the same interests. He told me he was worried he'd have to pretend to like sports with a son. Ha. No chance.

My mother was always supplying them emotional support that I needed. I could always rely on her to talk sense when it came to mysterious feelings.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Your mom's story could be a movie--utterly fascinating. I do wonder sometimes how it is that some people choose to lean on others and others choose to be strong and care for others.
About Te. I keep insisting in other threads that feelers and the value system is logical,what do you think of that article I just posted? I've been trying to figure out how my Te manifests. How do you think it shows itself for you? drive?
For me, there's an element of balance I've always felt between Fi and Te, obviously 2nd/3rd function is normal to have a debate over, that happens for all types. There's a certain part of that which is conscious choice, and some subconscious things like fear (e.g. if a morally centred approach to a decision burns you one time, you might use Te's logical approach as a crutch the next time). I think I've mentioned before that oscillating going too far in either direction is normal for us as we mature, and then hopefully the oscillations narrow down to some balance that suits you best over time based on how your experiences shape you. The best decisions are always going to be the ones where Fi and Te agree 100%, but they're such opposing functions, there will always be internal friction there.

Since Fi is so individually focused, you need something that is informed by the outside, otherwise you have this imbalance. I don't think it's drive, I think it's more pragmatism- like if you hear Ti types talk about their logical ideas you can see it's often based on personal interest, there doesn't have to be a rhyme or reason to it, whereas Te users see their logical perspective as like a "tool" to fit the purpose of allowing them to see things accurately/efficiently and therefore get things accomplished. E.g. A Ti-dom reads a newspaper because they like for things that interest them so they can put their individual creative/quirky logical spin on issues for themselves, a Te-dom would read a newspaper in order to find pragmatic truths in the issues and therefore keep themselves informed. Terminator T-800 (or lets say the T-1000 from the sequel) is programmed only with this perfectly refined Te function. That's what makes it so dangerous right? But no, I mean Te can be used to compensate for using less effort to get an average result, so it's not necessarily the same thing as drive.

That's not to say Te is this "perfect" function, obviously even if you think you have pragmatic insight into something you can still be wrong, but there's a reason Te-doms who've favoured it their entire lives are polled to have higher incomes. I think that's something we should be able to pitch our tent on- that Te correlates with real world success.

·
Registered
752 Posts
enfp father, infp mother. i have sooooo many of both of their traits, and yet there are many ways i'm different from them.

enfp father: goofy. ceaselessly talkative. interrupts me to complain for half an hour about me being ceaselessly talkative. friends with so many people in the local area people often identify me 20-30 years since the last time they saw me as a child/ baby as, "hey, i know you, aren't you buck's daughter?" accidentally joined the navy while trying to join the airforce. didn't re-enlist because he found out he gets seasick. constantly brainstorming new ideas, predominantly by reflex/ subconsciously, nonstop. sucker for get-out-easy or get-rich-quick ideas (none of which he has ever followed through on). sometimes slow to acknowledge when something gone wrong is his fault-- or won't at all (but has been improving in this area). prone to over-complicated tasks (and running out of steam in the process). moves A LOT even while "standing still". claims he has never finished reading a book in his life (i believe him). loves movies, memorizes all of the producers but very few actors, can easily forget that he watched a movie. deep feeler, but he represses it too much. adheres to many gender-traditional hierarchies/ concepts. i think he might have been raised around a lot of sensors as he suppresses his ne a lot of times, because even though he uses it a lot, there are times when he gets impatient when people (always women as far as i've seen, bear in mind, and not men) rely on even very low levels of intuition-filled speech and acts like he can't understand them. (logically he should understand, as i have seen his intuitive mind at work, and he speaks and thinks the exact same way which he rejects from... well, just from women. :rolleyes: he has done this to his current sensing-aux wife who abhores this trait of his, and i can't intuit worth a damn around her half the time without her getting impatient, so you can imagine how frustrating this habit of his becomes.) can praise my skills and intelligence for creative problem solving which he didn't accomplish one moment, and another moment remind me that men are inherently smarter than women because... reasons. basically he could be a genius if he would stop being stupid. overall a friendly and compassionate man.

infp mom: loudmouth introvert. very warm and sweet, cares so much about other people, often to her own detriment. blames herself for things she's not responsible for. has never read a book she didn't finish. artist. highly creative, especially in writing. wants a job where she can work completely in solitude so she doesn't have to deal with people. hates self-checkouts because she would rather have a cashier to chat with. amazing cook. complains about everything wrong with her cooking. slow moving. can't multitask worth a hill of beans. deeply empathetic. resistant to change, especially if it's change of something she feels she should be in control of (anything from where the spoons ought to be placed in the kitchen to family activities/ relations). when change is proven to work, she's all over it and resistant to that change ever changing again in the future, but will still complain about it. no longer holds to complementarian views endorsed by her old church and family (well she didn't hold that strongly to them to begin with), yet still frequently makes statements that "women have problems with..." or "men are better at..." did i mention she hates change? loves movies, remembers actors frequently and comments on them in the middle of watching and then derails her first thought with another thought about a different actor whom she had a crush on as a teenager and lists all the movies/ tv shows that actor starred in until she gets to any actor who co-starred in three's company which starred john ritter who is the son of tex ritter who taught her father (my grandfather) how to play guitar. (i can't count how many movies/ tv shows have been seven-degrees-of-bacon-derailed all the way to three's company/ john ritter/ tex ritter. i still have no idea who the hell tex ritter is, AND i have no idea how the main character escaped certain death when his car exploded just now.) taught me to be compassionate and loving to people even if they mistreat me. is a genius but doesn't really believe that.

me, enfp: goofy. selectively talkative. love everybody. get walked on a lot. (getting better at preventing this.) have no plans to join the navy. constantly brainstorming new ideas, predominantly by reflex/ subconsciously, nonstop. moreso while i have music blasting through my earbuds. move A LOT even while "standing still". read lots of books at the same time by keeping several in various locations around the house and reading one whenever i'm in the same room. love to cook but rarely get a chance to. artist and writer. love playing video games. love the self-checkout because i can avoid shoppers in line behind me who strike up conversations about how the government is spraying toxic chemicals into crops because the leader of [name of third world country here] is trying to overthrow america. miss being able to talk to cashiers who are relatable. can simultaneously objectively see/ know/ intuit the right answers to things yet still second-guess my answer to complete oblivion only to be shocked that i was right the first time. can somehow figure out how to blame myself for something that went wrong, even if it's not my fault, and actually come up with PROOF to support my claim. love movies but prone to putting off watching them. oh yes, i saw that movie, i LOVED that movie, it was totally awesome, but i can't remember why because i can't remember the movie. can't remember who made or produced that movie. can't remember any of the actors, but i wonder if one of them has ever co-starred with another actor who was in three's company with john ritter, who is the son of tex ritter, not that i give a flying fig about it, no reason, just curious. might be a genius, but i don't remember.

my parents made me scattered.

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@PurpleKitti. I really really loved this description. I read the whole thing to my husband and we thought, "Well it sounds like our kids will be okay!"
By the way, my kids are 12 yrs old (boy and girl twins) and they are still developing, but I'm pretty sure ENFP (boy) and INTP (girl) is where they are headed. Also... who knew that other ENFPs can't remember plots!!! something I would have never guessed!
I will play 7 degrees to Tex Ritter with you the next time I feel like mentioning a actor! Been playing that game for years (just kidding). Thanks, hun!

Reactions: ENFPurpleKitti

·
Registered
INFP so/sx
562 Posts
Dad (ESFJ) – Oooh where do I even start? So I was a HUGE daddy’s girl growing up. Part of the reason why I was so attached to him was because he never shied away from being loving and affectionate. I remember he would have to take yearly business trips out of the country when I was a kid and I would cry for days because I missed him so much. But despite his busy schedule, he would always make time and reply back to my nonsensical emails and chat with me on MSN (remember those days? :laughing:).

Even though he has this sweet and caring side to him, he’s also very stern and big on discipline. Respect was (and is) really important to him and regardless of whether he was right or wrong, his word was final. This definitely strained our relationship because I could never rationalise with him - I was his ‘daughter not his friend’, so I had to be careful not to cross any boundaries.

As I got older and started to develop as an adult, we clashed even more. My dad is overprotective and domineering and I started to resent him for that. His favourite phrase to use whenever the topic of freedom was mentioned is “I trust you, just not the people around you”. I get that from his POV he’s only trying to look out for me and doesn’t want me to struggle the way he did (he grew up an orphan and went through a huge level of trauma), but I felt his behaviour really stifled my emotional growth and independence.

Nevertheless, there are many things that I admire about my dad and one is his ability to work a room. He’s extremely sociable and is always hosting parties and community dinners. There’s only so much group interaction I can go through and I do find that I can’t always keep up with him lol but I definitely picked up a few social skills and I’m grateful for that.

Mum (ENFJ) – My mum and I are really close (I can talk to her for hours about anything!) but it only became like that recently. Like my dad, she’s very paranoid of me being hurt by other people, so I did feel like she was smothering at times (classic ‘helicopter mum’). She values the importance of being self-sufficient but I think she viewed my struggle for independence as a way of distancing myself from her. When I left for university, she definitely became clingier but I don’t blame her for that at all - my mum just likes to feel needed.

My mum is really friendly and she knows how to make people feel at ease. She also never holds grudges (something that I have to work on hehe) and is probably one of the few selfless people I know. She’s willing to sacrifice her own wants and needs to make others happy. It’s frustrating though because there are people out there who will take advantage of that and I don’t want to see her hurt. I’m not a confrontational person at all but if someone fucks over my mum, I will go ape shit.

I learnt a lot of my life skills from my mum (how to cook, clean etc.) and I know she enjoys teaching me. She’s a very resourceful person and I’ve learnt to be like that too. My mum has never once doubted me and it really helped me bring up my self-confidence growing up. Unlike my dad, I never feared her and it’s one of the main reasons as to why I don't want to disappoint my mum in anything I do. I may not be the most disciplined person out there but I do try my hardest at things - just so I can see my mama smile and make her proud :)

(oh god, I'm cringing at how sappy I sound)

5,146 Posts
My father, obviously an ENFP. I wasn't living with him.
His influence on me is pretty much described here:
https://astralmouseart.tumblr.com/post/157041360025/why-i-hate-studyblrs-a-trip-down-the-memory

My father turned his back on me in 2003.

My mother, I don't know, probably ENTJ.

I think she gave me tendency for stubbornness and wanting to bulldoze over people, warrior mentality. In a way, I don't really know how to be an ENFP, beyond super-student thing and it's a thing of the past due to 2005.

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My father, obviously an ENFP. I wasn't living with him.
His influence on me is pretty much described here:
https://astralmouseart.tumblr.com/post/157041360025/why-i-hate-studyblrs-a-trip-down-the-memory

My father turned his back on me in 2003.

My mother, I don't know, probably ENTJ.

I think she gave me tendency for stubbornness and wanting to bulldoze over people, warrior mentality. In a way, I don't really know how to be an ENFP, beyond super-student thing and it's a thing of the past due to 2005.
I read the link. I think this website is a great place to learn how to be a healthy ENFP. I've never met an ENFP gone wrong yet and it's hard to hear about one of us being so darn selfish... I am sorry. I guess it's possible for all types to walk a selfish path-- luckily I am already pretty sure you aren't on that awful path. =)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mom - INFJ
Despite having Fe as an auxiliary function, my mom was the strict parent of the family. She used to abuse me if I misbehaved(not now, though). However, she still considers my feelings when it comes to personal situations. She's also usually the one who helps me with homework, even though I can manage it myself.

Dad - ISTP
My dad was the less serious parent(and doesn't abuse me), though he only considers the feelings of my brother and me, so my mom gets angry when he ignores her.

So I'm basically a personality fusion of them. My brother is also a mix, but he's an ISFP.

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For me, there's an element of balance I've always felt between Fi and Te, obviously 2nd/3rd function is normal to have a debate over, that happens for all types. There's a certain part of that which is conscious choice, and some subconscious things like fear (e.g. if a morally centred approach to a decision burns you one time, you might use Te's logical approach as a crutch the next time). I think I've mentioned before that oscillating going too far in either direction is normal for us as we mature, and then hopefully the oscillations narrow down to some balance that suits you best over time based on how your experiences shape you. The best decisions are always going to be the ones where Fi and Te agree 100%, but they're such opposing functions, there will always be internal friction there.

Since Fi is so individually focused, you need something that is informed by the outside, otherwise you have this imbalance. I don't think it's drive, I think it's more pragmatism- like if you hear Ti types talk about their logical ideas you can see it's often based on personal interest, there doesn't have to be a rhyme or reason to it, whereas Te users see their logical perspective as like a "tool" to fit the purpose of allowing them to see things accurately/efficiently and therefore get things accomplished. E.g. A Ti-dom reads a newspaper because they like for things that interest them so they can put their individual creative/quirky logical spin on issues for themselves, a Te-dom would read a newspaper in order to find pragmatic truths in the issues and therefore keep themselves informed. Terminator T-800 (or lets say the T-1000 from the sequel) is programmed only with this perfectly refined Te function. That's what makes it so dangerous right? But no, I mean Te can be used to compensate for using less effort to get an average result, so it's not necessarily the same thing as drive.
That's not to say Te is this "perfect" function, obviously even if you think you have pragmatic insight into something you can still be wrong, but there's a reason Te-doms who've favoured it their entire lives are polled to have higher incomes. I think that's something we should be able to pitch our tent on- that Te correlates with real world success.
What a good way to describe Ti and Te! It's kind of a good way to talk about how we experience MBTI it seems to me. So for us (or for me) when I am reading a newspaper I am letting it just dissolve into my Ne worldview of possibilities and connections to then go through my Fi filter to experience feelings/empathy and/or place its impact/importance or value plus I add to my Te "facts/information" in a "can I DO something?" sort of way that usually just translates to me imagining an argument about my feeling and well-informed views on it with my not-feeling in-laws and MAYBE I will experience part of my empathy of what is happening in a slight tissue-paper wisp of Si (I think my Si is so SO inferior). I can see myself using your analogy again to type a Ti or Te.
I need to watch Terminator--lol. It's one of the shows I missed out on.

Reactions: Tridentus

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
I read the link. I think this website is a great place to learn how to be a healthy ENFP. I've never met an ENFP gone wrong yet and it's hard to hear about one of us being so darn selfish... I am sorry. I guess it's possible for all types to walk a selfish path-- luckily I am already pretty sure you aren't on that awful path. =)
Oh, there are definitely a lot of unhealthy ENFPs. We can definitely be selfish. I've been there.

Reactions: Vitamin

·
Banned
1,812 Posts
Mom the ISFJ cp6w7 2w1 1w9 sp/so (although I've considered 2w1 sp/sx for her): We're literally best friends, partially because situation required it, partially because our personalities fit so well together. Our personalities are so contrasting, but it works because our strengths and weaknesses balance each other out so well. She's organized decision maker and I'm an indecisive mess; She's a pessimist and I'm an optimist; She's realistic to a fault, I'm hopefully naive; Neither of us can navigate our own feelings but we can certainly navigate each others. We can literally talk about anything to each other, and have often used each other as emotional vents (in an appropriate way of course). Even my psychologist had commented that we were "a perfect match." I guess my only qualm would be her high nervousness, as she's always fearing the worst and getting stuck in appearance and low key gets annoyed when I don't care about my appearance, which has given me a bit more anxiety than it should of, but other than that we're inseparable.

Dad the ENxP 3w4 7w8 9w8 so/sx: I oscillate between thinking him a 378 or a 379 or a 73x, but whatever, close enough. Our relationship is sort of weird because he relates a lot to me (probably because of the Ne) and I avoid relating to him. From a positive angle, I've gotten my non-aggressive speaking skills from him, my researching skill, and some art talent from him, but it's been suggested that I developed my social anxiety because of him and I know I've lost friends because of him. He's oddly sensitive, poetic, and charismatic, with a love for being around people and being adored and sometimes we can have really exciting conversations about theory, politics, or world events. Really good at schmoozing over people too. Still, he's aggressive (not physically), lazy, unrealistic/too idealistic, and self centered with an ego the size of the moon. Unique character though, I'll give him that.

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just a random note. I was talking to someone yesterday and he started to say something that I've heard other feelers say. He said, "I get more love from the cat than my mother. She never tells me positive things-- just all negative. She cares more about the car than me." I thought, does every feeler living with a thinking mother think this to themselves at some point? I know I did. Some people deal with abuse for sure. For me, I think my Fi was just so strong that I was comparing the ideal love that I wanted to what I was actually getting and it was hurtful.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts