Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Q1) What MBTI-Type do you prefer for a relationship? (love/marriage partner)

Q2) What things are important for you in partners listed below?

a) in a friend + MBTI-Type
b) in a boy-/girlfriend + MBTI-Type
c) love of life + MBTI-Type

Q3) What MBTI-Type would you prefer your children to have?

a) son
b) daughter

·
Retard
16,329 Posts
Dating is complicated enough without adding the burden of type to the mix. But I generally prefer ENFPs and ISTPs/INFJs/INFPs if chemistry there. But it's never been a deciding factor. Friends and children they are what they are no preferences generally

·
Registered
ESTP - SEE Fi
4,688 Posts
Aslong it's not Fi based person, all good. No disrespect, I simply value Fe (aswell as Ti). I'd say ISTP - ESTP would be the best types for me, overall. I like ENTJ too.

As far as ENTP goes, no thanks. Too much too often, pretty tiring

·
Registered
399 Posts
Dating/romantic relationships? No idea. I've only ever dated high Fi-users, so I know that I would rather not do that again. But I've always had really incredible connections with ENTPs, so maybe that'll turn into a romantic relationship one day.

As for friends and children, I honestly don't care. Just as long as we can find a way to help each other grow.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
As hypothetical as this is, I shall try and answer.

ENTP (for that banter), ENFP (for fun and affection). If I couldn't have one of these types, a mature and older INTJ or ISFJ.

Not sure exactly what you mean. But my closest friend is an ENTP, and while she irritates me beyond belief, I wouldn't trade her type for any other because we compliment each other's weaknesses well. ISFJ is cool too but I'd prefer another N type.

When I think about the boyfriend/girlfriend stage, I think about dating. So then I consider, what would it take for my partner to keep my interest. That's where ENFPs come in because they're exciting to be around and I like the way they show affection, albeit being a bit smothering. ENTPs aren't so affectionate and if my partner was never able to tell me how much I mean to them, we're going to have problems. No, you can't get away with telekentically telling me how much I matter to you. I don't think it's hard to ask for an explicit reason every now and then why they want to be with me in the first place. Otherwise, they can just date someone else.

For the dating process, I really need someone more outgoing than myself. I want an extrovert, otherwise we're probably never going to leave the house since I need that push.

ENTP balances me well, but only if they are willing to talk about their problems and our issues together. If they're not mature, and want to sweep everything under the rug every time we argue, I'm going to build my resentment for them. I like direct people, not people who treat everything like a game. Nowadays, I'm thinking a mature ENTP is my ideal life-long type. But I often switch between thinking this way and thinkng that an ENFP would frustrate me less and make my life easier as I struggle being around people who lack empathy and understanding of social situations.

a) son

I've never thought about it, as I don't plan on having kids. However, it is a fun thought to think about. Somehow I see them as an INTP or ISTP. Not sure why.

b) daughter

Same as the above. Although, I can imagine them being more extroverted. And perhaps an ESFJ like my dad.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As hypothetical as this is, I shall try and answer.

ENTP (for that banter), ENFP (for fun and affection). If I couldn't have one of these types, a mature and older INTJ or ISFJ.
WOW, Thanks for these great answers and the time you took! =)

I read pretty a lot INFJs talking about ENTP when it comes to a discussion about relationship, so I'd say INFJ have a bigger attraction to ENTPs than to other types. I also watched a few videos from INFJ girls, who were complaining about, that most of the times they fall in love with some sort of narcissistic guys, so I think now, maybe ENTPs are probably more prone to be narcissistic, cuz I only heard it from INFJ complaining about their boyfrieds having narcissistic behaviour, what I never heard nor read from any other type. What do you think? Do you agree with that?

·
Registered
2,858 Posts

I read pretty a lot INFJs talking about ENTP when it comes to a discussion about relationship, so I'd say INFJ have a bigger attraction to ENTPs than to other types. I also watched a few videos from INFJ girls, who were complaining about, that most of the times they fall in love with some sort of narcissistic guys, so I think now, maybe ENTPs are probably more prone to be narcissistic, cuz I only heard it from INFJ complaining about their boyfrieds having narcissistic behaviour, what I never heard nor read from any other type. What do you think? Do you agree with that?
I think any type can be narcissitic. But I do think some types are more prone to narcissim and projecting it and making it obvious. INFJs are no angels, we have the propencity to see ourselves as martyrs, or like a silent 'Jesus' for our insight. INTJs are even moreso like this, in my opinion. INFJs are just more likely to hide their vanity because we care about not coming across as self-absorbed where INTJs often don't, either because they don't see why their actions make them appear egotistical, or they simply don't think it is a big importance what others think.

ENTPs, in my experience, seem to use their over-inflated view of themselves and their talents to compensate for their embarrassment over their shortcomings. It's a pretty unconcious behaviour, I think. Of the ENTPs who have been close to me, both were extremely prone to bragging about their talents/skills/looks etc. to the point of being nauseating to be around, at times. I deffo don't want an ENTP partner who is like this, or any other type, but I seem to attract very vain people for some reason. In short, I do think ENTPs are prone to having large egos where in their mind, they can do no wrong, other people are not as talented or intelligent as they are, others are slow by comparison and therefore less valuable and important than the ENTP.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Q1)
What MBTI-Type do you prefer for a relationship? (love/marriage partner)
No preference. I don't like basing off friendships (this includes relationships) off the MBTI. You never know who you can vibe with. For instance, one may argue that an INTP isn't empathetic, but I've had instances where my INTP friend has shown empathy. Another instance, one may argue that an INFJ is empathetic, but I've met INFJs who lack empathy.

So again, no preference.

a) Kind, caring, considerate, respectful, hard-working, whatever.
Doesn't matter what MBTI you are.
What matters is who they are, how genuine they are, and if they're true to me.
b) ^ Same
c) ^^ Same

However if you're truly curious with how I perceive other MBTI types: click here

a) son
b) daughter
I will love my children regardless of what MBTI they are because as I cradle them in love, I hope they will be able to do the same as they mature for their mother.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Goody! Don't you just love another "Idea Match" question? Another chance to dream a little dream :)

I like INTP and ISTP. If ENTP would be ambivert I may be able to tolerate.

Reactions: Sygma

·
Registered
727 Posts
I like ENFP's much and Im pretty sure my gf is ENFP. They are absolutely great ^^ Even though I would not let MBTI decides who I will date or not
When it comes to friends I don't care much. There is tons of factors that comes in play but I think most important is kindness. My two best friends are INFP and ENFx

Reactions: Surreal Snake

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like ENFP's much and Im pretty sure my gf is ENFP. They are absolutely great ^^ Even though I would not let MBTI decides who I will date or not
When it comes to friends I don't care much. There is tons of factors that comes in play but I think most important is kindness. My two best friends are INFP and ENFx
It doesn't work the way that you let the MBTI decide what people you want to have a relationship with, but exactly the vice versa - people you choose for any kind of relationship have a specific personality. For example Thinkers can't really deal with Feelers and have a friendship, so Thinkers prefer Thinkers rather than Feelers and (maybe) vice versa...

·
Registered
281 Posts
Based on what I've gained from types I know of in my life..
INTP has depth to connect intellectually, but void (and almost afraid) of emotion or sentiment..a little too free flowing for something serious. Make for good friends.
ISTJ are frustrating. Like trying to tame a wild animal, that have no real understanding of emotional connection. And don't want to be helped. They sort out their lives based on facts and will put you in a 'bin' like another item, rather than make you a fixture.
INTJ are fascinating. Make for a fun chase but lean too much to the intellectual side of things. Not to say intellect isn't a good thing.
INFP are almost a little too intense for me, and I'm a little too intense for pretty much everyone else. Make better friends I think.

Nope, keeping it inside the home team. INFJ for me. Make for the best connections. Amazing conversations that will just go on. You can be yourself and free of judgement. With reciprocate your passion and intensity, but keep it within reason too. Respectful, secretly fun loving. Empathetic. An issue I can see is there being a lot of support on both sides but a lack of 'action', because we don't like over stepping our bounds, or ever feeling like we are. Which is fine, if you're just looking for a supporting presence in your SO.

People are saying ENTP/ENFP. Probably know a couple, I'm not even sure. Yet to see first hand why they're said to be great fits. Most extroverts in general I've found a bit too exhausting for me though, with a couple exceptions. I guess so long as they're very respectful of your reserved nature but are good at getting you out of that shell, then that could be good.

·
Registered
727 Posts
It doesn't work the way that you let the MBTI decide what people you want to have a relationship with, but exactly the vice versa - people you choose for any kind of relationship have a specific personality. For example Thinkers can't really deal with Feelers and have a friendship, so Thinkers prefer Thinkers rather than Feelers and (maybe) vice versa...
On one hand I agree cause I'm more close with specific types of people but when it comes to friendship I met lot of different people of different personalities and I could say we were very close. I used to be very picky when it comes to "friendship material" but lately I realized that you can learn a lot from different kind of people and see their view on world. Those maybe aren't friendships that would last lifetime but I find it interesting :happy:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
On one hand I agree cause I'm more close with specific types of people but when it comes to friendship I met lot of different people of different personalities and I could say we were very close. I used to be very picky when it comes to "friendship material" but lately I realized that you can learn a lot from different kind of people and see their view on world. Those maybe aren't friendships that would last lifetime but I find it interesting :happy:
Yeah, that is an F thing - to enjoy conversations with different people. =)

·
Registered
59 Posts

The true INFJ's are usually very caring, romantic and loving. So they are seeking the same, and easier to fool as they are ruled by emotions more so then other types. Narcassistic people prey on INFJ's there has been much research on what narcassits do to mimic, mirror and reel in their prey. There is a method used and does work many times on a romantic, loving, nurturing type that thinks they found their soul mate. Try doing that to an ISTP woman and they will have your head on a pike. Envy and love them for that need to learn more from them.

Also many INFJ's stay in relationships, or friendships that are abusive much longer as they don't want to face they can't fix something, or be mean, or don't want to hurt someone. Even worse will take the blame to heart many times but when done, so done. Narcissists, and abusers love people they can play with that way or make feel guilty.

I say true as seeing some posts on here I really think there is a few that mistested and are not INFJ's. INFJ's are very rare.

·
Banned
862 Posts
A. Probably an Ni-dom type who values my philosophy/general vision of the connectivity of the universe/things... Sees me and accepts me for who I am. I know I would try to do the same.

B. Someone I feel you can talk to about pressing matters. Openly reciprocates, is someone to confide in and trust, always.

C. I value someone who's tactful, caring, and is quick to forgive rather than judge.

·
Registered
200 Posts
preferences for romance: INFJ, INTJ, INTP, INFP. but INFJ way out in front .

Friends: as above but add in ISTP, ENTP. ESTP, ESFP and I guess ENFJ.

Children, don't have any preference but i always have a soft spot for introverts.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm INFJ and I get along pretty well with INFPs.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts