Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this topic has been raised, but I'm quite curious of the answers. What motivates an INFJ to do something.

·
Registered
917 Posts
The urge, no, the NEED to help others, make the world a better place, and to make my life WORTH something to people before they die.
Then to die alone and unmourned so others can't be hurt by my passing.

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
I view life as an open field with bumps and hills here and there, patches of forest floating on a sea of jade grass. Every step I take towards the sunset leaves a road behind me. As I build my path and walk on, people will come and go, some stay and I hold their hands and we walk together, each on our own roads, forging ahead, helping each other.

When I take my last step, I will look back and hope that I did everything right, that I helped enough and that my decisions came from the heart and touched those people who walked with me.

This is what motivates me.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
I'm motivated to become a better person, use my time on earth wisely, help living things of all kind (plants, animals, humans, etc.), and to express myself creatively. I enjoy volunteering and would like to do it again when it's feasible. Feeling happy and connected to all things is also important to me and I wish to increase these feelings.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I am usually motivated to do something that it doesn't fit my definition by someone else's true intentions (either good or bad).
For everything else, life doesn't need reasons, every possibility is a reason.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm motivated by an urge to make a positive impact in people's lives. This motivation translates into my wanting to do well enough in school to be able be in a position to do so. It makes me want to constantly improve my understanding of all the different people and cultures as to not be close-minded in any form. It also makes me want to find new ways to be funny and affable, so no one ever has to be in a negative emotional state around me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I second that coffee is a great supplement for morale.
In school, reverent love for the professor always drives me to study just a bit more.
"Proud of you" from a figure of authority is the best reward! Conversely, the fear of dissapointing people pushes me to improve.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm motivated by the fact that I have started something. Once it is started, not finishing it is much worse than not starting at all.

Orange Juice, Nectarines, and good conversation are also good things to motivate. But none as strong as unfinished business.

·
Registered
471 Posts
You know I've actually answered this question many times, to myself. I don't usually become motivated in respect to myself or my interactions with others. I believe adamantly in the forces between the fabrics of our universe and the powers that already flow through us, passive and infinite. I want to become one with them someday. Its sort of like finding God I suppose.

I think what motivates most people can often be too local a sense of accomplishment in respect to the values and ideologies we, as humans, derive from our collective experience as a species. I don't want to believe in the species or its silly self-aggrandized discoveries. I want to believe in something cosmic, binding, and true. I fight for the day I can become close enough with it to perhaps try and show others how close we can become to each other, through them. Its radical, ambiguous, and worst of all appreciated by me alone. ....but this idea is generally so sacred to me I won't even quip about it in this reply....prance all over it if you might; it won't dissuade me.

I know a person isn't born thinking that way, so on a more concrete basis I find motivation in people that believe in me. They see my spirit, whatever form or action it may take, and they want to depend on me more than anyone else. They are usually my mentors. That's something that gives me great energy and that I am also very proud of. But don't get me wrong, in no way do I feel as if the ownership of my body, actions or "accomplishments" are more than a mere blessed privilege. INFJs do not seem to relent to the mannerisms of the physical realm for a good, strong reason, something I am reminded of most unpleasantly.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm motivated to become a better person, use my time on earth wisely, help living things of all kind (plants, animals, humans, etc.), and to express myself creatively. I enjoy volunteering and would like to do it again when it's feasible. Feeling happy and connected to all things is also important to me and I wish to increase these feelings.
I agree 100% for everything you have said:tongue: In addition, for me anyways I would add Anger motivates me, people telling me I can't do something, People who don't see the value in helping people (it drives me up a wall to where I make it a mission to get them to see the light or at least see mine). Anything that I can change,influence,or make better.

·
Registered
307 Posts
that I might die at any moment.

My biggest motivation now is knowing that my ass will be kicked into the dirt no matter what I do, so my main objective now until that happens is to take names, kick a lot of ass, and have a lot of fun.

there you go, my motivation.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Just an idea I've yet to attempt but to put everything else out of my mind. The problem I find is not entirely the lack of motivation but more that I have so much going on my mind where I think about how to do it, what could go wrong and how it will be percieved that I lose the ability to get started. Once I'm started I don't have too much trouble but as of late I've lacked the passion and end up dwelling on it much more than actually doing it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts