Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 1402 Posts

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that such a topic could motivate me more for watching movies, and i'm actually very curious what you guys and women watch a lot? So if you watched a movie, tell more about it in this topic. Did you like it? Was there something remarkable? Did you liked the acting performances? Did you like the story. Don't forget to put plot lines in a spoiler (or if you want to spoil something).

I last watched You're Next. It's my third Adam Wingard movie. I like that guy (good director!). The Guest was a very good movie. I also liked Pop Skull (that's really a depressing movie). You're Next is a horror and more nuanced than other horrors (that aren't subtle/subtile). Although of course it is not something you would take very seriously (but tbh all horror movies aren't serious) but I like Wingard's style.

Aside from that movie, i didn't watch many movies last month. I watched and disliked Divergent. Next movie is going to be Room, but i'm not sure if i will watch it today.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I watched 'How to be single' last night.
And going to watch 'London has fallen' tonight.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
192 Posts
Captain America: Civil War. I'm not really a movie person though. I just mainly check out comic book movies since I love superheros. I'm really excited for Suicide Squad and Doctor Strange later this year. As for the movie, I thought it was absolutely fantastic~.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,252 Posts
Princess Arete (or something like that) on netflix. despite only being in japanese so I had to read the subtitles which I find annoying to keep up with, it was really a charming little story, slow paced, but I liked the animation and everything.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
I last watched The Martian, the Matt Damon film. I'm biased being a space nerd and a huge sci fi fan, but I think it is just a well made film, funny, engaging, with a protagonist its easy to identify with. I'd recommend it.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Shutter Island. It's pretty trippy and creepy, both of which are just nice for a thriller film. I liked the atmosphere but the first time I watched it it didn't make any sense to me, so this time I saw it with subtitles and paid close attention. Worth it, it's a pretty good film.

·
Registered
144 Posts
We're the Millers

I strongly recommend it; its hilarious :laughing::laughing::laughing:
The movie is about a Drug Dealer who is robbed of $45,000 and then forced to go to Mexico to steal drugs for his boss to repay him.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I watched Fatal Attraction just because I've never seen it and someone was talking about borderline personality the other day and then someone mentioned the film as an example and it kinda annoyed me because from what I've heard it's a very over dramatised example. I already knew it would annoy me and it did. Didn't like it. Terriblely unrealistic over dramatic portrayal of mental illness and just annoying and cringe to watch in general. Honestly found it kinda hard to get through. But it's a famous film which I keep seeing referenced so now I've seen it.

·
PerC's 6w6
5,880 Posts
I last watched The Martian, the Matt Damon film. I'm biased being a space nerd and a huge sci fi fan, but I think it is just a well made film, funny, engaging, with a protagonist its easy to identify with. I'd recommend it.
It was great wasn't it? I really liked how it was also just on the edge of real (what with how close we are to traveling to Mars), and it didn't try and go overboard with special effects or all that other stuff. Just went straight to the story, and felt really balanced while doing so. I liked also that (like you say) the main character was pretty funny and relatable, and the people at NASA were too. I really enjoyed the movie.

I watched Jupiter Ascending and was pretty disappointed. Feels like the movie was made to look good with all sorts of fancy special effects, but it didn't have a very interesting story, or great characters, or anything. It felt like a showcase.

·
Edgelord
6,929 Posts
The Force Awakens... yeah, not really big on movies lately. It's mostly laziness.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
It was great wasn't it? I really liked how it was also just on the edge of real (what with how close we are to traveling to Mars), and it didn't try and go overboard with special effects or all that other stuff. Just went straight to the story, and felt really balanced while doing so. I liked also that (like you say) the main character was pretty funny and relatable, and the people at NASA were too. I really enjoyed the movie.

I watched Jupiter Ascending and was pretty disappointed. Feels like the movie was made to look good with all sorts of fancy special effects, but it didn't have a very interesting story, or great characters, or anything. It felt like a showcase.
Yes, with The Martian I never knew what would happen to him, very suspenseful, despite having read synopses of the story. I also loved that it was top notch sci fi without all the violence that such stories typically rely on. It was also surprisingly funny, I almost fell off the sofa laughing at several scenes.

I tried to watch Jupiter Ascending, but couldn't get past the half hour mark. It's impressive in an odd way that they could make such a bad film with such a cast and tools. It made JJ Abrahms Trek films look like Shakespeare.

·
Administrator
13,560 Posts
Watching Madadayo by Kurosawa. He's one rare directer that I always trust how his movies will affect me sentimentally.

In an interview at the time of the film's release, Kurosawa said his movie is about "something very precious, which has been all but forgotten: The enviable world of warm hearts." He added, "I hope that all the people who have seen this picture will leave the theatre feeling refreshed, with broad smiles on their faces."

Madadayo Movie Review & Film Summary (1998) | Roger Ebert

Edit: I finished it. My thought is that I love Kurosawa. The whole cat sequence and the birthday cake with children, as well as the dream in the end and the students outside. Awww.:crying: :love_heart:

·
Delphic Seer
18,076 Posts
Alice Through the Looking Glass.

Reactions: WickerDeer

·
Premium Member
15,152 Posts
My Name Is Doris with Sally Field.

Holy crap. It's me in 12 years. She even spaces out, like a female Walter Mitty. But Doris, you went after the 25 year old! Yikes.

Really good soundtrack.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Maybe the best movie that contains no words.
Its about life, and i bet you all adore it.

Reactions: nichya

·
Registered
12,191 Posts
One about an INFP (most likely) who is drawn by a hauntingly beautiful voice hiding behind a mask...and the INFP in me cries all night because I want him and people like him to be happy..TT

1 - 20 of 1402 Posts