Personality Cafe banner

21 - 40 of 1405 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
The last one I watched was Breakfast at tiffany's. The poster (with audrey Hepburn, of course) had been a decoration in my room for years and I never actually got around to watching it, until today that is.
It turned out to be a very charming film and if you're in the mood for that 'oldschool feeling', I would definitely recommend this one! :)

Also not too long ago, I watched coherence (2013). I really liked the theme of that one. It's basically a sci-fi/thriller with a dash of parallel universes. (which can feel a little confusing at times, but I just love it anyways). It's kind of similar to triangle and primer, maybe you've watched those before.

I'm really enjoying reading this thread. Keep those recommendations coming! ;)

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Thor. I'll be watching the second one soon.

·
MotM 5/2015 | Bankslayer
13,347 Posts
Never Let Me Go, great dystopian movie, sentimental, emotional, introverted, much Fi, so subtly sci-fi <3

Does it come close to the book?

·
MotM 5/2015 | Bankslayer
13,347 Posts
Last I rewatched the prisoner of Azkaban but before that I watched Låt den rätte komma in which was pretty awesome albeit also disturbing in many ways.

·
Administrator
13,591 Posts
Oh gosh this "movie". How did you find it?
I found it interesting. I liked the music and aesthetics and it also got me thinking a little about projection and perception. I watched a video that talked about the idea that the monolith was supposed to be a screen that was projected on like a TV screen. I suppose it captures information about life forms by the way they project onto it? Onto the 'alien'? Whether it's in pursuit of knowledge about the unknown (such as the ending) or perhaps fear and aggression towards it? IDK. It seemed at the end, attempting to perceive it was like perceiving one's self? Perceiving one's own projections of the self?

So I thought it was interesting. Can't say I understood it too well. I can see it being the type of story that someone could go back to and read into differently every time they watch it.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Battle of Britain with @Macona. They really don't make films like it anymore.

AND OMG IT WAS SOOOOO GOOD! And extremely sad.... I probably would not have watched it If I had known how sad it was. But I am glad I did watch it, because it is probably one of my favorite movies now.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Shutter Island. It's pretty trippy and creepy, both of which are just nice for a thriller film. I liked the atmosphere but the first time I watched it it didn't make any sense to me, so this time I saw it with subtitles and paid close attention. Worth it, it's a pretty good film.
Oh man. Wish I could "un"-watch that one. Minor spoiler alert!!! ....I actually loved most of that movie but here's the thing... as a father, the part about his kids upset me for DAYS. That's one of those movies we own because we got it as a gift, but I'd never watch it again because of that part. It still makes me sad to think of that one part and it's literally been years since I saw it.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Zootopia! LOVED IT! I watched it yesterday with my kids for probably the 5th time and I still really get into it. It's just amazingly done all around if you ask me. I love the modern day animated movies. They always have such depth. I can get different things out of watching them everytime they're on. Even if it's just focusing on the larger than life beautiful scenery they can do these days with the computerized animation. The last time I watched it, I was trying to figure out MBTI for the characters. lol. I think Judy Hopps is an ENFP and Nick Wilde is an ISTJ. Of course, I'm still working on my typing skills, so I may be way off.

·
MotM 5/2015 | Bankslayer
13,347 Posts
I haven't read it, though I got it from the library after watching the movie and it is sitting on my bedside. Will let you know if I ever start reading it.
I think I might just check out the movie and see for myself xD

Reactions: nichya

·
Registered
38 Posts
I finally sat down and watched the Kevin Smith religious uber-parody movie, Dogma (1999) from beginning to end, and not just the first 15 minutes or so of it. I usually set it down just after Alan Rickman's 'Metatron' entrance and the tequila-spitting scene, or up to Chris Rock's 'Rufus the 13th Apostle' dropping out of the sky and shortly before the Golgothan is introduced...it's a blast, and it's good enough that I don't think I ever pushed myself to finish the whole shebang. But I did, a couple of days ago. Good stuff!

-SiF.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
I just saw Rock The Kasbah. It's a Bill Murray film about a burned out musical talent agent who winds up stuck in Afghanistan and discovers a talented female Pushtun vocalist. Various hijinks ensue. Not a great film in many respects but it was enjoyable, Bill Murray was very good, and the rest of the cast included Bruce Willis, Zooey Deschanel, Kate Hudson and Danny McBride. It was moderately funny, wasn't preachy or dickish about the cultural differences, and the musical covers of Yusuf Islam/Cat Stevens were really nice.

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Hey,

The last movie I saw was The Neon Demon. Quite creepy if you ask me... Not a movie I would watch twice. But anyway, to each his own.
Good taste. I like director Nicolas Winding Refn. I liked Drive and Only God Forgives Me. Valhalla Rising was a bit less good, and less my thing, although still fine. I think The Neon Demon is made for me, going to watch it next tuesday in movie theatres.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I've been watching Ash vs. Living Dead series. It's more funny than scare because of being quite silly, but this is what makes it so entertaining and fun to watch.

·
I love my everything
10,920 Posts
Finding dory

Expectations were not high, and results were even lower. Too high emotional appeal and 1.5 hours of annoyingness and neuroticism

21 - 40 of 1405 Posts