Personality Cafe banner

41 - 60 of 1404 Posts

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
The last movie i watched (sunday morning), was Taxi Teheran. Also a good interesting movie by director Jafar Panahi who is in exile in Iran, because he criticized the Iran government in his movies. It was the first movie of hem i saw (what maybe wasn't the right thing to do), but i also thought the movie would be different, but i liked it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I recently watched Wes Anderson's 'The Grand Budapest Hotel' again. It's such a brilliant movie. The visual style is great, and every scene is perfectly shot and arranged. I suspect it's one of those movies people either love or hate. But I highly recommend giving it a try.

·
Registered
163 Posts
The last one I watched was Finding Dory. It's pretty much a love letter for fans of Finding Nemo, retaining many characteristics that made the original movie a success in the first place, with the addition of a few new characters.
As usual, you'll get your classic recipe of lighthearted humour & happy ending. I guess the sequel was made possible 13 years later partly because Ellen Degeneres pushed for it.

Another one I have watched is Victor Frankenstein (2015). If you're expecting the monster to be the main star of the show, you'll be disappointed as it only makes its appearance in the final 10 minutes of the movie.
Instead, the narrative explores the backstory of how Victor freed Igor from the circus and made him his lab assistant. His obsession with creating life from dead body parts draws the interest of various parties, which cumulates into a series of events leading up to the creation of the monster.
The plot is very fast-paced and action driven, thus some areas such as character development are being left to the sidelines. Overall, I found the movie to be a rather fresh & interesting take to the classic tale.

·
Registered
635 Posts
going to watch Gods of Egypt now.

Its bad they say. But how bad...

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
The Last Samurai.

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
Amy Very good documentary about someone who had a lot of troubles, but also lot of talents. Another victim of capitalism!

(also watched crash a few days ago, didn't finish it, because it was very bad).

·
Premium Member
15,174 Posts
Watched part of Whiplash when flipping channels. I had watched it about a year ago.

Interestingly, husband hated J.K. Simmons and what he did to that kid drummer. Husband said "I'd tell him to **** off." I told husband "yeah, but you see, the whole point is J.K. Simmons gets the best product out of his students and keeps winning awards." J.K. Simmons didn't bother me at all. Well, he probably could have been arrested for slapping the kid and throwing the chair.

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
I recently watched Wes Anderson's 'The Grand Budapest Hotel' again. It's such a brilliant movie. The visual style is great, and every scene is perfectly shot and arranged. I suspect it's one of those movies people either love or hate. But I highly recommend giving it a try.
How can you hate Wes Anderson???!!!! <3

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Yesterday I watched The Unborn, Super, and The Giver. So technically the last one that I watched was The Giver.

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Scarface

Watched it for the first time, good movie, but a bit overrated and way too long.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Haven't been watching as many films lately. This was from the other night.

Charles mort ou vif (1969) Alain Tanner - 8/10

One of Tanner's earliest films, and as such it's a lot more rough and guerilla-styled. As usual, his work seems to exist in an interesting place where it’s like all the burnout of the New Wave after the failures of '68 etc where all that's left is the return to normal life with disaffection and dismay. Imagery is crisp and handsomely framed, very humble but enticing. Overall great, though maybe my least favorite Tanner so far. Shows how consistent he is though because even this film was some excellent stuff.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Napoleon Dynamite. The story of introverts in a world gone mad. I think I was Napoleon back in high school. I had the same wild red hair. But I couldn't dance near as well as he.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Mad Max: Fury Road

My expectations were somehow high, and it still blew them. 9 out of 10. Heck, I'm gonna give it a 9.5/10 just because of the guitar/drums car.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Loved it. Will watch it many times again.
Cant wait for the next one.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
I saw the new Independence Day movie. I didn't really comprehend any of it, but at least I had enough candy to keep me awake through it.

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
The Neon Demon

Such a wonderful movie! The audiovisual part of course is amazing. From the first until the last scene, you're amazed by the beauty of this movie. Actress roless are played very good, with Elle Fanning as top performance. Slap me in the ass, babe! I think this will be one of my all-time favourites. 10/10

The Neon Demon
Sangailes vasara [The Summer of Sangailé]
The Revenant
Steve Jobs
Ixcanul [The Volcano]

My list of this year, so far. Such a shame, you can only add 30 images in 1 post...

What i want to see from this year with a belgian release in 2016 or late 2015: la tortue rouge (red turtle), room (will probably do it this week), the witch (also this week), zootopia, carol

later on: the jungle book, préjudice, the big short, spotlight, d'ardennen, demolition, belgica, experimenter, anomalisa, joy, the danish girl, hardcore henry, where to invade next, er ist wieder da, sparrows, in the heart of the sea, zvidzan, suburra, the good dinosaur, the lobster, circle, evolution, min lylla sister, an, the hateful eight, louder than bombs, el abrazo de la serpiente, el clan, creed, the assassin, 10 cloverfield lane, cemetery of splendour, kollektivet, elle, julieta, elser, world of tomorrow, fissa, twinsters, sausage party, cartel land, aferim, meru, james white, masaan, tenemos la carne, high-rise, desde alla, krishna, colonia, pojkarna, neerja, the green roomm, Shan he gu ren, Lu bian ye can, legend, Byuti Insaideu, La Memoria del Agua, I, Daniel Blake, race, eye in the sky, neptune, the invitation, chevalier, weiner, midnight special, fusi
and if there is time over maybe, maybe, maybe: captain america, civil war (because of iron man)

not released yet: voyage of time, moana, bokeh, the scent of rain & lightning, arrival, the bad batch, passengers, bacalaureat, the space between us, ag-ha-ssi, ma ma, the light between oceans, assassin's creed (although not very high expectations!), the tribes of palos verdes, the legend of tarzan, las eligadasss, jajda, Imperium, nocturnal animals, the girl on the train, doctor strange (despite being a superhero movie), probably forget a lot, oow i think i forgot the new harry potter spin-off but forgot the name

and there are so many movies i forgot (at least 20 :p), because i only added 100 of my 120 on imdb watchlist for movies of 2015/2016 release yearss, and i also have a watchlist of 100 movies on letterboxd.

And i don't want to see deadpool, star wars vii or batman versus superman. Not sure about suicide squad because margot robbie looks awesome in that movie. Oooh and all the other

41 - 60 of 1404 Posts