1341 - 1360 of 1396 Posts

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Paprika!

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
I re-watched The Millennium Trilogy this weekend: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo on Friday, The Girl Who Played with Fire yesterday, and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest today.

Reactions: mushr00m

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Phil,

I have been keeping my eyes open to view this on Prime, Netflix, Tubi, or IMDB. So far I have been unsuccessful. What was your take on it?

Reactions: Phil

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Phil,

I have been keeping my eyes open to view this on Prime, Netflix, Tubi, or IMDB. So far I have been unsuccessful. What was your take on it?
It was like Inception, but if it was good :laughing: They stole so many ideas from Paprika it seems. I don't know how much you need to love a movie to ever buy it though, so I'd keep an eye out for a rental.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
daslebenderanderenposter.jpg

It's about the Communist State - the German Communist State (they pick the best ideologies the Germans...) and about how they spy on the people. But it's alright because nowadays we have our phones and digital devices to record our conversations and keywords via Amazon and Google. I'm sure I remember everyone democratically voting for that somewhere in the past 10 years....Ahem!

Anyway, the emotionless spy working for the Statsi slowly begins to question his profession and the regime after listening into the people who he's spying on. He develops emotion. He knows people are afraid of him and the Statsi. It isn't what he wanted Communism to be. This isn't how he imagined it. But it's the same in Germany as it is over in the Eastern Bloc and it's the same in Russia where the Soviet Union began. He see's more corruption the more you move in the ranks in the State. He knows control is everywhere. He is saddened by this.

Goosebumps at the end.

·
Delphic Seer
18,076 Posts

Reactions: Sage del Viento

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
download.jpg

It has many of my favourite comedians such as Rowan Atkinson and Rik Mayall. It's the second time that I've watched this all the way through and I'll say it again..."Meh". They really did try to do something with it on a basic BBC movie budget, but it's just a bit flat throughout. For some reason it just didn't work as a television film. Maybe it suffered from Blackadder I's same faults that it didn't work as well away from the sitcom set up (although I'm one of the few who still loves Blackadder I - Rowan Atkinson actually wrote a lot of it).

I watched Blackadder II and Blackadder Christmas Carol straight after and instantly saw how better the quality of writing was back in the original series. The film lacks because it doesn't have the same quality of jokes - or even a decent amount! If a comedy film doesn't make you laugh then it's already written off as an instant fail and I can't say I really laughed with the film. It's a shame.

·
Premium Member
7,757 Posts
1 - Clueless
2 - Lady Bird (on Netflix. Don't recommend, if you are like me and don't like independent films with seemingly randomly placed endings that leave you asking, is that it? What was the point of that?)

1341 - 1360 of 1396 Posts