Personality Cafe banner

1361 - 1380 of 1394 Posts

·
Delphic Seer
18,076 Posts
So what did you think about it?
It wasn’t bad. Actually, I enjoyed it. The plot is entertaining and the atmosphere it creates is captivating for fans of supernatural horror. However, I still prefer the earlier versions.

Reactions: Sage del Viento

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
It wasn’t bad. Actually, I enjoyed it. The plot is entertaining and the atmosphere it creates is captivating for fans of supernatural horror. However, I still prefer the earlier versions.
I hear ya. Glad you enjoyed it.

I was personally a tad more disappointed, not because of its overall execution which would have made it a decent supernatural thriller/horror as you said, but it felt like it relied on the "brand" name of Grudge to pull people in when really it should have been separated. Possibly into its own film even.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Nosferatu the Vampyre (1979) - Interesting. It tried to stay pretty close to the original old silent version, from before the talkies. I'd watched that a few months ago, only silent movie I ever watched. Since it tried to stay so close to that it moves slow, and there is some . . . awkwardness(for lack of better term) in comparison to modern movies. I like the old style vampire movies though, where you stake them and not kiss them. It is interesting how they portray things though, the old movies definitely try to focus more on setting a mood of an event, rather than special effects and the like.

I liked it overall and just to see what that story is like. Plus, you see how some of the stuff was moved forward into more modern day vampire lore, and what was not. But its probably not for everyone.

·
Registered
4,041 Posts

·
Registered
INTP or else
13,890 Posts
Mr and Mrs Smith for the 2nd time. Fun movie. Fortunately I have a poor memory so I enjoyed it the second time. Besides I am married so I know how these things go.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Dark Waters - I liked it, but you gotta be in the mood for a serious drama about the serious corruption of greed in our society. I was so angry I had to watch Conan the Barbarian afterwards, something where evil is simply slayed with a sword as opposed to the legal red tape and relatively ambiguous justice that occurs in these cases.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Mr and Mrs Smith for the 2nd time. Fun movie. Fortunately I have a poor memory so I enjoyed it the second time. Besides I am married so I know how these things go.
Ahaha, I do this all of the time too! It pays off!

Reactions: BigApplePi

·
Premium Member
15,077 Posts
Ready Or Not (2019)

• Lots of blood and gore. I usually stay away from this stuff.
  • That poor girl.
  • Her husband is a shit.
  • I pray to god, no one ruins the ending for you.
  • The ending was worth the stupid movie.

·
4,809 Posts
"This beautiful fantastic". It was beautiful, though the story wasn't supergripping I think, it was a bit of a fairy tale feel to it, I liked it.

Not a film, but a tv-series, "Normal People", really good, about love and about growing up and lots of things. Low key but tense, really felt with the characters and their struggles, very grayscale characters(not all good or all bad). Actually good sex scenes, which I pretty much never like otherwise, but these were not like little embarrassing nudity scenes thrown in to make it sell better (like it often feels like in other cases), but it was part of the story, and communicating something.

1361 - 1380 of 1394 Posts