Personality Cafe banner
1601 - 1620 of 1638 Posts

·
Premium Member
INTP (I thimk) 5w
16,943 Posts
"A Better Life" - About the difficulties an illegal, but good, immigrant has to face.

Reactions: Electra

·
Host
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ VLFE
20,610 Posts
Silence of the Lambs, of course.
I went to college near where much of that movie was shot. One of my professors was an extra. He was one of the SWAT members who stormed the elevator when Lecter escapes. The "Buffalo Bill House" is now a bed and breakfast. Not only is it 20 minutes from where I went to school, but my grandfather was a Methodist minister assigned to that town for 4 years. I know the area like the back of my hand. I've seen the movie dozens of times and I also read the book by Thomas Harris (among others he wrote).

Have you watched any of the other Hannibal Lecter movies? "Hannibal Rising" is really freaky, but you really get a good idea of how and why he became the monster that he is.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I went to college near where much of that movie was shot. One of my professors was an extra. He was one of the SWAT members who stormed the elevator when Lecter escapes. The "Buffalo Bill House" is now a bed and breakfast. Not only is it 20 minutes from where I went to school, but my grandfather was a Methodist minister assigned to that town for 4 years. I know the area like the back of my hand. I've seen the movie dozens of times and I also read the book by Thomas Harris (among others he wrote).

Have you watched any of the other Hannibal Lecter movies? "Hannibal Rising" is really freaky, but you really get a good idea of how and why he became the monster that he is.
That is so cool!! Thanks for sharing all this. I always think of the brave soul that opened the elevator hatch!

I've watched the other movies, but not Hannibal Rising. (I adore Anthony Hopkins's portrayal.) I plan in reading all the books soon.

Reactions: tanstaafl28

·
Registered
710 Posts
Babyteeth. Just came across it on netflix.

When seriously ill teenager Milla falls madly in love with smalltime drug dealer Moses, it's her parents' worst nightmare. But as Milla's first brush with love brings her a new lust for life, things get messy and traditional morals go out the window. Milla soon shows everyone in her orbit - her parents, Moses, a sensitive music teacher, a budding child violinist, and a disarmingly honest pregnant neighbour - how to live like you have nothing to lose. What might have been a disaster for the Finlay family instead leads to letting go and finding grace in the glorious chaos of life. Babyteeth joyously explores how good it is not to be dead yet and how far we will go for love.

I really enjoyed it, apart from some annoying captions setting up the next scene, running thoughout the film.

·
Registered
11,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,606 ·
Babyteeth. Just came across it on netflix.

When seriously ill teenager Milla falls madly in love with smalltime drug dealer Moses, it's her parents' worst nightmare. But as Milla's first brush with love brings her a new lust for life, things get messy and traditional morals go out the window. Milla soon shows everyone in her orbit - her parents, Moses, a sensitive music teacher, a budding child violinist, and a disarmingly honest pregnant neighbour - how to live like you have nothing to lose. What might have been a disaster for the Finlay family instead leads to letting go and finding grace in the glorious chaos of life. Babyteeth joyously explores how good it is not to be dead yet and how far we will go for love.

I really enjoyed it, apart from some annoying captions setting up the next scene, running thoughout the film.
I saw Babyteeth about a month ago! I made a post about it here too.

Reactions: Stagger Lee

·
Registered
15,898 Posts
This evening I watched Nick Cave's 20,000 Days On Earth.

I think the guy is a 4. Might be wrong tho. Artist. Creative. Was right on the mark 6 years ago about the weather going crazy. Now, how did he know that? Two years older than me. How does he stay so skinny?

·
Registered
15,898 Posts
A Quiet Place.

Everyone has seen it but me.

You know what. I thought it was kind of stupid.

But I'll watch Part 2, just because I have free Paramount+ for a week.

I hate to say it but I will... "Dad" says "no one is to blame". Wrong Dad. Your youngest was a god damn dolt.

·
Host
20,610 Posts
Batman: The Mystery of the Batwoman

I like DC animated movies better than their live action stuff (most of the time).

·
Host
20,610 Posts
A Quiet Place.

Everyone has seen it but me.

You know what. I thought it was kind of stupid.

But I'll watch Part 2, just because I have free Paramount+ for a week.

I hate to say it but I will... "Dad" says "no one is to blame". Wrong Dad. Your youngest was a god damn dolt.
Is your avatar sangria?

·
Registered
15,898 Posts
@tanstaafl28 I think it could be, because I see oranges, but in my mind, it is a "magic potion" stirred by a white gloved hand with no arm attached. I'm getting ready for Halloween. Getting in the Spirit, and all.

·
Host
20,610 Posts
@tanstaafl28 I think it could be, because I see oranges, but in my mind, it is a "magic potion" stirred by a white gloved hand with no arm attached. I'm getting ready for Halloween. Getting in the Spirit, and all.
I visited Valencia Spain when I was 19. Young sailors on the town in a European country only means one thing: booze. So we would drink beer and sangria in Spain. The sangria sneaks up on you. It takes like very fruity koolaid and the alcohol is very well hidden. We all got pretty hammered. It was a fun experience.

·
Registered
11,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,615 ·
The Killing of a Sacred Deer

I loved it!!!

·
Registered
11,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,616 ·
Ginger Snaps

It's a teenage goth werewolf film!!! I love that.

·
Registered
11,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,617 ·
There Will Be Blood: 7/10
Uncut Gems: 10/10

·
Registered
11,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,618 ·
Passengers: 7/10

·
Registered
11,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,619 ·
The Godfather

I must say while I can appreciate the art in The Godfather, i do not think the movie is very infp'ish, but it's interesting to have a look in a world i don't know much about and have little affiliation with.

Reactions: Electra

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Crying Out Love in the Center of the World

Watching this movie is like peeling an onion. You get the layers, and then the tears. I liked it.

1601 - 1620 of 1638 Posts