Personality Cafe banner

What movie did you last watch?

[INFP] 
95K views 2K replies 380 participants last post by  gravityfalls 
#1 ·
I think that such a topic could motivate me more for watching movies, and i'm actually very curious what you guys and women watch a lot? So if you watched a movie, tell more about it in this topic. Did you like it? Was there something remarkable? Did you liked the acting performances? Did you like the story. Don't forget to put plot lines in a spoiler (or if you want to spoil something).

I last watched You're Next. It's my third Adam Wingard movie. I like that guy (good director!). The Guest was a very good movie. I also liked Pop Skull (that's really a depressing movie). You're Next is a horror and more nuanced than other horrors (that aren't subtle/subtile). Although of course it is not something you would take very seriously (but tbh all horror movies aren't serious) but I like Wingard's style.

Aside from that movie, i didn't watch many movies last month. I watched and disliked Divergent. Next movie is going to be Room, but i'm not sure if i will watch it today.

See less See more
#63 · (Edited)
Zootopia

FINALLY watched this, and it was worth the wait. So good, it's funny, the animation is beautiful and the story is also good! Good idea, liked the city with its districts, and it was so vivid, splendid and beautiful. One of my favourite disney movies! 8/10

this is my current disney ranking (saw 26 movies). I liked the first 16 movies, rest was meeh or bad. i only count disney classical movies (no live-action remakes, no disneytoons, no pixar or whatever movies, only the classico's!)

1. The Lion King
2. Aladdin
3. Beauty & and the Beast
4. Tangled
5. Zootopia
6. Frozen
7. Tarzan
8. The Jungle Book
9. The Hunchback of Notre Dame
10. The Fox and the Hound
11. The Little Mermaid
12. Snow White and the seven dwarfs
13. Mulan
14. Bambi
15. Lady and the Tramp
16. 101 Dalmatians
17. Cinderella
18. The Princess and the Frog
19. The Many Adventures of Winnie de Pooh
20. Pocahontas
21. Hercules
22. Pinokkio
23. Alice in Wonderland
24. Dumbo
25. Peter Pan
26. Sleeping Beauty

guess we have to wait right now for the next one: Moana that will be released at the end of this year, seems like an interesting project, think i would like it and teaser was nice!

#66 ·
The VVitch: A New-England Folktale (2016)

good horrordrama (so not a thriller!) about witches in a 17-th century setting, the setting is dark, simple but beautiful and very realistic (it is surprisingly very realistic). There is a big role for religion and belief in christ. I really liked it. 8/10

#67 ·
just saw Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi or spirited away

it's my second ghibli (after when marnie was there) and i tend to like it, i like the fantasy and the art of this movie, it's good, atmosphere is well (i like it more than in western animation), although it's very scary at times. Seriously, is this a movie for kids? i like the fantay of this movie, there was probably a lot of Ne involved when they made this movie. 8/10 for now

#68 ·
Rock the Kasbah

I was under the mistaken belief that Bill Murray wasn't making bad movies any more. He was still funny during some points in the movie but overall it was not a great movie. This was a Netflix watch. I think I have seen too much on Netflix. It wasn't entirely terrible but I can't in good conscious recommend this movie to anyone.

#69 ·
watched three movies, saw yesterday victoria with friends for the 2nd time, is of course a good movie (thriller), i have it on dvd. The movie is taken in one shot - there are no scenes and still it is one of the most exciting movies i've ever saw. 9/10 it's a german movie taken in berlin with laia costa as actress.

The second movie was a south korean crime drama (some kind of gangster movie) named Dalkomhan Insaeng that's also thrilling and with action parts. It's also very good, and it has a beautiful style (esp. in the first part with the lady). Beautiful.

last one i watched today was Frágiles from Spain but in a British setting, it has aspects from a british detective in it, but it is actually a horror (with a terrifying last part). A scary movie actually that is set in a child hospital and that's centered around a nurse and a child.

Sadly enough, actually none of them are really infp'ish or movies infp's would like (but that's coincidence) in general.

#71 ·
Oechul

Very good movie. It's a South-Korean romantic movie, but it's a very calm and also tragic movie. Realistic, slow-paced and relaxing. A bit underrated, really liked it. And with good acting performances with also Ye-jin Son starring in it, known for her role in Nae Meorisokui Jiwoogae. I'm going to show some movie stills. 8/10

#74 ·
Room

SO GOOD. What a movie. Very emotional, but also realistic and at certain moments, mysterious and even exciting. Those acting performances were so unbelievably good. WOW. So good, this movie. It's very emotional, i even got tears in my eyes, and it reminds me a bit of my childhood too (at some parts). 9(,5)/10

@nichya yes, finally did it.

#110 ·
My kids and I love this movie! Except, they call it "The Sad Movie That Makes Mommy Cry" because it just gets me. Every time.

I just watched Into the Wild and... I don't even know what to say about it. I was so enamored with his journey, but I also felt a heaviness after. I woke up last night thinking about it, and how sad it makes me.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

#80 · (Edited)
Tulitikkutehtaan Tyttö

Not really my cup of tea, but the humor is so fun and hilarious. I love the humor of the Nordic countries. But the style of the movie is a bit too minimalistic or depressing. It's just too distant for me, but i liked it a bit. Would say 6,5/10

Some statistics, i saw 656 movies, and those are from the following countries

1. United States of America - 451
2. United Kingdom - 46
3. France - 31
4. Belgium - 17
5. Germany - 15
6. Japan - 10
7. South-Korea - 9
8. Canada - 9
9. Netherlands - 8
10. Sweden - 7
11. Denmark - 7
12. Italy - 6
13. Spain - 5
14. Australia - 5
15. Hong Kong - 4
16. Brazil - 3
17. Mexico - 3
18. Argentine - 3
19. Finland - 2
20. New-Zealand - 2
21. Poland - 2
22. Ukraine - 1
23. Estonia - 1
24. Hungary - 1
25. Iceland - 1
26. Austria - 1
27. Turkey - 1
28. Guatemala - 1
29. Lithuania - 1
30. Norway - 1
31. Iran - 1
32. Ireland - 1

No China or No Russia yet. South Korea is going to jump, because i'm really starting to get interested in their cinéma or their movies. I will also explore Asian cinéma in general. Belgium, France and Italy (going to watch some Sergio Leone movies) will also get more movies in the upcoming half year. And about the rest, i'm not sure yet what will happen. I only know that i'm going to watch a lot of South-Korean movies, and that some Belgian movies are on my watchlist (+-10 movies). Forget to mention Japan specifically, Ghibli on it's own is all Japan, and i'm going to watch them all (although maybe not all of them in 2016), but Japan also probably has very good cinéma.

#82 ·
I just saw a film titled "Black Sea", starring Jude Law. It started a bit slowly and appeared to be a fairly typical action film about a group of treasure hunters looking for Nazi gold. It turned out be in fact an action film about treasure hunters seeking Nazi gold, but an atypically good one. They set me up, I was sure 20 minutes into the movie what would happen, but they surprised me quite a few times. Additionally its cast of Russian and British actors did a fine job in their performances.

#84 ·
Suffragette. About the suffragettes, evidently, and more specifically one of them in focus who worked with laundry, and how she came to become an activist and the whole movement going on around her. It was good, and eventhough it was long, it felt a bit too short, like it ended before the story was finished and they had to just sum it up in a short epilogue.

#85 ·
Gran Torino
Wanna watch Whiplash with a band enthusiast friend o'mine.

#86 ·
I watched a movie called Before We Go with my mom and sister, and it was a way, way, way less good version of Before Sunset, although it was nice to see the characters actually interacting and developing emotional intimacy instead of the instantaneous falling in love via a meet-cute storyline.

I also watched The Giver not long ago (it was okay...could've been better..of course the book was/is better), and also Palm Trees in the Snow at the behest of a friend, but I slept through most of it...sooo.... I have no idea what it is about. I also tried watching How to Steal a Million Dollars, but also feel asleep.

#101 ·
Did you like Before Sunset? I like all 3 of the Before trilogy. There's a movie very much like Before Sunrise (if that's the first of the Trilogy), with two people meeting in Hong Kong. I liked it for the same reason I liked Before Sunrise. It doesn't seem like acting. I found it. It's called, It's Already Tomorrow in Hong Kong.

#87 ·
uhm...does a TV series count? Because my head now is filled with Z Nation - somehow I can't stay tuned with The Walking Dead but I like Z nation a lot. Recently there's also a film that has impressed me a lot: Perfume - the story of a murderer. The plot is kinda twisted but also mysterious and intense. I'm really moved by the father's love for his daughter and the efforts he had been through to keep her safe. The main actor's acting is also good - at least from my pov.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.