Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Administrator
ESFJ
22,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just watched the LOTR trilogy again. It improves my mood and I feel motivated to look outside the darker aspects of these things called humans.

My reasoning is that it's all about the hope and redemption and fighting doubt both within yourself and without. Nothing is insurmountable in this movie and valour wins in the most simple yet complex way.

Anyone else got movies they watch when they feel crap?

"The world is indeed full of peril and in it there are many dark places.
But still there is much that is fair. And though in all lands, love is now
mingled with grief, it still grows, perhaps, the greater."

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I usually search for remedies I music, and can't really think of movies that comfort me. I do get lost In movies, but I can be in any mood.

I'm tempted to derail with a short list of my fave flicks haha.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I normally use music, extreme death metal, and gothic emo stuff. For breakups specifically, I recommend "Hatred" by Hypocrisy.

As for movies, any of the Rambo movies works well.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Kill Bill

Anything a little gorey actually. If you can mix gore and science fiction... then well, you are my hero.

Mix that with some chocolate and a bottle of coke and I may have to love you.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
So, I should make a movie about a science fiction character that at the key scene trows a piece of chocolate in a coke bottle to have it explode in a wave of shrapnel, killing the soft-fleshed alien hordes in a cloud of black ichor?

You are easily pleased...

·
Banned
235 Posts
when i've had a horrible day... i either love to watch movies that make me think or make me feel inspired.

if i want to think
1. A Beautiful Mind
2. Shawshank
3. The Bourne Movies

if i want to be inspired
1. The Pursuit of Happyness
2. Titanic (i dont know why i get inspired)

if i feel like just watching insane movies
1. American Psycho

·
Registered
87 Posts
SciFi:
LoTR
Star Wars
Anything ST-TNG

Pretty much ANY documentary. Can't get enough of them. Especially when they combine intelligence and WIT - like "Super Size Me". I've probably watched that one 5 times. :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Miyazaki's ones.The darker the mood the lighter the anime

Reactions: beth x

·
Registered
532 Posts
If I'm sad, nothing will put a smile on my face like ACE VENTURA: PET DETECTIVE!!!
I love you for saying that! It's the BEST!

Generally when I'm sad, I watch comedies or really light and fluffy feel good movies or musicals. I'm not sure I want to name them. :blushed: The Breakfast Club is also one of them. It's not a movie, but I also like watching Keeping Up Appearances. Hyacinth cracks me up! Oo, and Frasier. Oo, and the first season of Ballykissangel...I know, I'm weird. I don't know why I like it, but I do. :laughing: It's happy and upbeat.

When I'm in a bad mood - The new Star Trek, Kill Bill, Hot Fuzz, etc. Action movies in general because they distract me.

·
Administrator
ESFJ
22,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
g Keeping Up Appearances. Hyacinth cracks me up!
Oh that woman....she makes me want to slap her and slap her again...actually I would just keep on slapping her until there was nothing left to slap....erm....I guess that might be some personal issue with ESFJ grandmother still lurking in the bowels on that one :blushed:

I would do the same to poor old Jim Reeves if he were still alive too.:dry:

1 - 20 of 88 Posts