Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I wondered what music other intp listen to. I normaly listen to Rap / Hiphop
Feel free to post some music you like, everything is welcome :kitteh:

youtube /watch?v=b04Elfud97I
R.A. The Rugged Man - Media Midgets
I been a fan of rugged man for a long time now,
why? becuse i think he is amazing, he is easy to understand.
Not rapping so fast you have to look up on the lyrics to see what he is talking about.
Could write more about him but im lazy. :3

·
Registered
793 Posts
I'm not even sure I could point to any type of music and say I like it.
But funny thing is I really dislike the music most people my age like or enjoy.

These three songs are the ones I prefer the most. Though I do enjoy anything from time to time

·
Registered
793 Posts
Sure thing.
-the only good version of wrecking ball. :laughing:
Indian karma style. :happy:
funny snoop dog
this is the none techno version.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
I listen to everything from Blue Oyster Cult to BlutEngel to Beethoven to the Birthday Massacre to the Bee Gees, my absolute favorite band is Within Temptation, my and my absolute favorite individual artist is Murray Gold.

Most recent obsession: over the past week and a half, I have spent at least 24 hours sampling "Let It Go" in over 40 different languages. :happy:

I only speak English, but I love the idea of listening to lyrics in languages that I don't understand, and I love "Let It Go" in Bahasa, Cantonese, Czech, Estonian, Flemish, French, Hebrew, Icelandic, Japanese, Latin American, Serbian, and Slovak versions as much as I love it in the original English.

For that matter, I could spend hours just listening to the Japanese version alone (and probably already have). And not just because I'm closer to memorizing the lyrics to that version (despite not speaking Japanese) than I am to any of the other non-English :laughing:

Though, oddly enough, the German/Dutch translations don't work for me as well, which is a shame because German is what got me hooked on the idea of foreign-language lyrics in the first place (Beethoven/Schiller's "Ode to Joy")

·
Banned
802 Posts
From this
through this
to this:

OP why not just go to "What are you listening to right now?" thread?

I have no preferances. My Fe must respond, that's all:)

If I want to feel all the feels I also listen to this:
But it's a dangerous song that just leaves me broken in a pit of total mind blow...:crying:

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Mostly rap and hip-hop but I'm a part-time DJ so I can mix up anything and make it sound good (at least to me). That said I'm going to steal some of these for my sets cuz I play a lot of EDM and trap.

Reactions: Narcissus

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Oh I like this one I found from the others. It's a club banger.

·
MOTM July 2015
6,265 Posts
I especially enjoy musical complexity. Am a fanatic progressive rock listener. Occasionally I can listen to a lot of different stuff though, mostly classic rock, classical music and psychedelic ambient. I noticed a considerable amount of INTPs listen to either simple stuff that provides some good background noise or things with rich, complex structure that are intellectually engaging.

I do not enjoy hip hop and most of the pop music tho'...

Been obsessed with this particular song for 7 years :p

·
Registered
167 Posts
  • Black metal - primarily Scandinavian from the late 80s and the 90s and some contemporary French and North American acts
  • Doom metal - in the vein of Evoken, early Katatonia
  • Death metal - old school Swedish bands, especially At the Gates, early Dark Tranquillity, early Hypocrisy
  • Contemporary piano music (20s, 30s of the past century) - Rachmaninoff and Prokofiev top the list
  • Dark trip hop - stuff in the vein of Massive Attack, Portishead
  • Avantgarde/experimental jazz - Shining, Jaga Jazzist, etc
  • Shoegaze and post rock - when in the mood
  • Progressive and psychedelic rock - when in the mood
  • Weird noise shit and turntable mixes
  • Retro Finnish music - I know so many songs by heart and do not understand a word (ok, I know three words)

And in their own category.. Dead Can Dance

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I listen to pretty much all genres, but the one common point is that all my favourite songs are the same colour(a green-blue wavy metallic warmish kind of shadowy swirly rainy breezy colour I call Sailor Moon Nighttime Teal).
I can't listen to anything with a lot of orange tones - think Primus and Tool.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
For my entire life I have hated all but an extremely select few rap artists. I still do. But something happened a few moths ago. Something that changed the course of my life. Something wonderful.
That something is called Death Grips:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I listen to all sort of non-mainstream rap/hip hop really. Very strong lyrics, and the feeling of not being recognized which I'm feeling too. I idealize the subculture and the dark sides of of society with a logical thinking. That's how it relate. I listen alot to Childish Gambino at the moment, but I also enjoy Trap Nation remixes really. :p

·
Registered
ENFP 6w7 694 I guess
1,540 Posts
-Rap/hip hop
-Rock
-Alternative
-Dubstep
-Metal
-Videogame soundtracks
-Anime soundtracks
-Movie soundtracks, especially songs from Disney movies(yes, eventhough I'm an adult). I really like the villain songs, like Hellfire from Hunchback of Notre Dame and Be Prepared from The Lion King.
-Vocaloids
-R&B
-Techno
-I also like some pop music. I like 80's and 90's pop, and some the crap that's being played on the radio these days is a guilty pleasure of mine.

When I listen to music, one minute I'll be listening to Imperial March from Star Wars, the next I'll be listening to Beyonce or something. :laughing:

·
Registered
163 Posts
A few I have been listening to lately:

Reactions: Rift
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.