Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you could have your guy go to the gym what one thing would you have them work on.

·
(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
5,108 Posts
I don't want to sound like a Commie here, but I hate the Capitalist mentality of never being satisfied with what you have. Be unhappy, buy the gym subscription, buy the weight loss supplements, become entranced by Abercrombie advertisements, envy airbrushed magazine models... it's a never ending cycle that leads to nothing but an unhappy life and some very rich CEOs.

·
Banned
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't want to sound like a Commie here, but I hate the Capitalist mentality of never being satisfied with what you have. Be unhappy, buy the gym subscription, buy the weight loss supplements, become entranced by Abercrombie advertisements, envy airbrushed magazine models... it's a never ending cycle that leads to nothing but an unhappy life and some very rich CEOs.

This post was a nice way of me to see 1) what women like about men's bodies 2) give them a chance to brag about their man 3) know what I should focus on in the gym

Reactions: mikeus

·
(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
5,108 Posts
This post was a nice way of me to see 1) what women like about men's bodies 2) give them a chance to brag about their man 3) know what I should focus on in the gym
I figured that you had some other reason for posting this, I'm just making you aware of the corporate influence that's present in your mind.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
Wtf mate. Short answer: I don't view people as being made up of components that should fit some fucked societal standard.

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
That type of thinking is foreign to me. If I'm with someone, I like them just as they are.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I would prefer a guy who didn't go to the gym. If he wants to be physically stronger, it would make more sense for him to get that way by doing something useful that he actually cares about, like building houses for the poor, or chopping firewood for the infirm. The idea of going to a gym, where the main point is to alter the body in a meaningless way, seems rather vain and wasteful to me.

·
Registered
310 Posts
If you could have your guy go to the gym what one thing would you have them work on.
You're not going to get the answer you want, just ask the person in mind or use some sort of social engineering to get such answers passively.

I would prefer a guy who didn't go to the gym. If he wants to be physically stronger, it would make more sense for him to get that way by doing something useful that he actually cares about, like building houses for the poor, or chopping firewood for the infirm. The idea of going to a gym, where the main point is to alter the body in a meaningless way, seems rather vain and wasteful to me.
What if they were seeking the most efficient method of tailoring the physical self to a specific role or function? Like a sportsperson or rehabilitation from illness or injury or prevention of illness or injury like diabetes or back injuries? There are many valid uses for Gyms. Just avoid the supplements.

·
MOTM Feb 2010
4,773 Posts
I'd say women have no business spending time with a man who cannot squat twice his own body weight.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
Abs, butt and legs. :crazy:

Reactions: OrangeAppled

·
Banned
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Abs, butt and legs. :crazy:

My wife was attracted to my broad shoulders so you never know what women like that is why I posed the question. :cool:

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
I love a nice set of triceps. Those are hot. You can hold on to them. I think pecs are nice as well. Abs are nice too. And I think most men have attractive thighs since I'm around a lot of weight lifters and runners.

Reactions: OrangeAppled

·
Banned
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I love a nice set of triceps. Those are hot. You can hold on to them. I think pecs are nice as well. Abs are nice too. And I think most men have attractive thighs since I'm around a lot of weight lifters and runners.

My SO just reminded me that a man should have a strong back for something to hold onto. Honestly, where do you women come up with this stuff.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
Does the brain count as a body part in the "gym" scenario? I'm rethinking my answer.

Reactions: Just_Some_Guy

·
Banned
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Does the brain count as a body part in the "gym" scenario? I'm rethinking my answer.

I think its healthy to admit that underneath all that brain mumbo jumbo we are all animals.

I'm assuming you have a mate with a good brain/soul or they shouldn't be your mate - not something the gym is going to improve.

Reactions: Roman
1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.