Personality Cafe banner

What ennegram type are you drawn to the most?

• Type 1

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Type 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Type 3

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Type 4

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Type 5

• Type 6

• Type 7

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Type 8

• Type 9

Votes: 2 22.2%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious to see if we're drawn more so to certain types than others.
I keep getting to know people from Perc that end up being type 4's. It's become an interesting pattern for me. I know a few other 7's similarly magnetized towards 4's. Is there a reason for these patterns or am I looking into this too much?

So 7's, what types are you drawn to if any in particular?

·
Registered
INTP 648 tritype The Truth Teller sx~so
1,476 Posts
I voted for type Nine... Not because I would consciously be drawn to them most but because unconsciously I seem to tempt them and be tempted by them; many of my friends are Nines. I have realized it's simply because they look for someone who can lead and I look for the followers. I am the one with all the new ideas and suggestions and plans, I have my own visions about what would be great to do next, I am terrible at conforming and want to follow my own passions. But I'd love to have company, I love to inspire other people to join. And Nines seem to be the most likely to accompany.

I tend to be fond of other Sevens because of their enthusiasm and energy levels... (I often feel other people are not meeting mine.) But I don't think two Sevens make a highly great combination, there's too much ideas and freedom-seeking and too little compromising. Four is my last fix and maybe because of that I am not highly fond of them. Fives are much more tempting in my opinion. Maybe it's because of the disintegration but I am not much attracted to Ones either, I am way too easily annoyed by their nitpicking and criticizing.

So, basically I tend to be fond of the types that make me feel better, that enhance my own well-being and seem to avoid types that share and remind me of qualities of the unhealthy me.

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
I like Fours. I'm not guided by my emotions, but I'm really drawn to people who are. 4 and 7 have much in common (in contrary to popular stereotypes); I like them because they strive to be authentic, usually can appreciate art and beauty (which is very important to me) and most of the time, they're intense and unique.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Meeting another seven is always fun, because it becomes a whirling storm of fun, positive energy, and mad adventure. Sevens tend to make everyone around them happier, and we tend to have the same effect on each other as well (at least, that's my experience).

Curiously enough, though, this doesn't work out for prolonged contact; if I'm going to be spending a lot of time with someone, over and over, with a 7 or 8, it just turns into a power struggle which, don't get me wrong, is fun for a while, but gets taxing if I'm not in the mood.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Meeting another seven is always fun, because it becomes a whirling storm of fun, positive energy, and mad adventure. Sevens tend to make everyone around them happier, and we tend to have the same effect on each other as well (at least, that's my experience).

Curiously enough, though, this doesn't work out for prolonged contact; if I'm going to be spending a lot of time with someone, over and over, with a 7 or 8, it just turns into a power struggle which, don't get me wrong, is fun for a while, but gets taxing if I'm not in the mood.
Another one of my friends is a 7w6 like myself. We have alot of fun and laugh til it hurts every time we hang out. He's also isfp. But.....at times there are definite power struggles or however you want to call it.

If we clash haha it turns into witty stabs at each other that we end up laughing about but yeah after awhile we are taxing on each other.
In my experience with 4's, i always feel fulfilled or reenergized after spending time with them or talking with them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts