Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really don't know how to word this right.
But for example when I do the test my highest score is Introversion and lowest is Perceiving.
So I could be a close INTJ and might act INTJ at times.

It makes me think that if you have scores that are close would your whole cognitive function set change the time you favour the opposite of your lowest score.

Naturally I wouldn't think so because your so used to using your own set.

But I can also believe it because your on the line. It almost seems like almost its mapped out like a chemical reaction or something.

If so I would shift to a weak INTJ in times when I end up using J in a situation instead of P.
But I do like my close P/J because people do say that P's can miss some information that J's are catching yet I often see J's with less accurate information. So having them close makes me think that Im getting a good level of information.

Whats your closet type?

Do you think your lower score is a strength or a weakness?

If your scores are to the extreme's (and you didn't just for see the test) whats your experience with that and what do you think of scores that are close?

·
Banned
1,556 Posts
Due to cultural conditioning and personal desire, my 'Internet personality' is a little more stereotypically INTJ, in my opinion. I like to get straight to the point and only care about what's correct, specially in debates with people who seem happily blind to new ideas. In real life I'm more different though. Not at all assertive, that's for sure.

Sometimes I think I have lots of 'F' in me, but actually it's just normal human psyche. Of course I feel sadness, happiness, anger and all that, but I keep it in my head and it doesn't ever effect my decisions or lead me to slightly more dreamy ideals, hence I get to keep my 'Thinking' badge. But then, I quite enjoy maintaining social harmony in real life. I'll often sacrifice my own desires in order to keep a happy equilibrium with the people around me. Maybe that's an 'F' trait, I'm not sure. It may also just translate to the classic INTP nonchalance. I don't know. Like in a meeting with friends when we're deciding to do something, I always just go with the mindset of, "Whatever, I'm honestly fine with anything.", even if I actually do have something I'd most like to do (like fuck off and be on my own, hah). However if I'm on my own, I'll never do something just because 'it would be the nice thing to do'. My actions are always purely with a logical end goal in mind, like 'if I do 'A', it'll result in 'B'.'

I know for certain I'm not an 'S' type. Since a young age, I've found I can only do things based on previous experiences, aka intuitions. When I was a kid, if something happened that was out of the ordinary, I'd be like a rabbit in headlights. Only now, as I'm growing up a little bit, am I able to easier cope with some of the more unbearable things, as I gain experience and learn.

I like routine and order, which is a nod in the direction of being a 'J' type. But I don't at all care for maintaining the routine. I think it all just boils down to control. I don't like following anything unless it's of my own accord. My room is messy as hell. But my weekly activities will often fall into quite a rigid pattern, which I like. But I think this is more to do with comfort, rather than the 'Judging' aspect of having ever planned it in advance.

Yeah ok I just waffled on a load there. INTPness coming out again. Heh.

Me be INTP. Confirmation bias makes me more 'INTP' every day, to be honest. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing, but oh well.

I'd say realistically I'm an INTP with a tiny bit of F and a tiny bit of J. Definitely no 'S' in me though. And I'm so thoroughly uninterested in the world around me that I really don't think I have any 'E' in me either.

INTfPj - that's me.

·
Registered
915 Posts
INTJ, I used to be one, but reforged myself to INTP

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
INTfPj - that's me.
I feel like I would have a very similar score to you.
I really related to what you said about P/J in regards to liking order but never maintaining it.
If I where to clean my room it would look real sharp but only for a day, then I just find the order in the chaos.
Sometimes as soon as I notice Im in a good routine it just falls apart. (Defiantly something subconscious)

I also experienced the same way of knowing that Im defiantly not S as a kid.
I know Im defiantly a T but I like using F when I can, I'll often go with the flow and do what I feel like when I think that I can.

It seems like what your scores are could effect you more than you think in a real detailed way.

Yesterday I took the cognitive quiz that is on PerC and the thing it said I was was INTP with the second possibility being ISTJ.
I never took the one on this site but want to now if it gives second possibilities.

INTJ, I used to be one, but reforged myself to INTP
Interesting. Where you not happy being an INTJ? Why did you want to be INTP?
How was the reforging process?

·
Registered
915 Posts
Interesting. Where you not happy being an INTJ? Why did you want to be INTP?
How was the reforging process?
I in fact didn´t do any action to stop being INTJ, it just was a natural process... I have been overplanning stuff as INTJ, I had alternatives of current event and just so many possibilities, then the event turned out to be completely different from my plans and I stopped planning my every action and started to be more spontaneous which slowly formed me to be INTP... Also I used to quarrel and stand behind my opinion as INTJ, now I usually back off as soon as I see that the discussion is pointless when the other individual is stubborn and will never change his opinion.......

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
MBTI tests aren't an indication of strength, but are an indicator under which type you likely fall.

As such low P means you're still, according to the test, more likely an INTP than INTJ, nothing more, nothing less. This doesn't make you anymore/less an INTP than others, or INTJ for that matter - you will not identify with both types on an internal level, as that's pretty much impossible.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I in fact didn´t do any action to stop being INTJ, it just was a natural process... I have been overplanning stuff as INTJ, I had alternatives of current event and just so many possibilities, then the event turned out to be completely different from my plans and I stopped planning my every action and started to be more spontaneous which slowly formed me to be INTP... Also I used to quarrel and stand behind my opinion as INTJ, now I usually back off as soon as I see that the discussion is pointless when the other individual is stubborn and will never change his opinion.......
I used to be the same way. I would basically ask my ESFJ girlfriend at the time how could I plan a random outing.
But now it happens without even trying to.

I guess that was when I was a teen though and wasn't fully developed. Which could have been the same case for you? I don't know. I guess I could say I was closer to INTJ then than now thats for sure.
But I would describe my teen self as just T. Nothing els. lol

·
Registered
52 Posts
I thought you were talking about close to, as in emotionally, but I guess that's going too far for the INTP sub. Well, I think I act like an ESTJ when I need to present ideas to people, which means I need to sound cool, adieu to accuracy and correctness. That's what people are like, mainly, they're convinced by the speaker, not the actual content or whatever. I become an ENTP when I brainstorm ideas with other Ne-users. But these are more about how I present myself than like what I actually am, so maybe this'll become another social chameleon thread, I dunno.. When I get stuck in my fantasy world, I guess I am INFP sometimes, because I definitely care about meaningful relationships with people, when I'm not too busy doing another INTP stuff, like refining a Sci-Fi world building idea, designing a cool spaceship that works in line with the fictional laws of physics in said fantasy world, etc, etc.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought you were talking about close to, as in emotionally, but I guess that's going too far for the INTP sub.
This is an interesting question though. lol
I think that your probably not changing type but rather just a well developed person.

Dude give me high fantasy and sci-fi everyday.

·
Banned
2,585 Posts
I wouldn't know the type though, she's kinda hard to approach. Everytime I try to fiddle with her she just zaps me and gives me the blue stare if you know what I mean. But still, we are kind of close. Her query processing skills match no other.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I used to be the same way. I would basically ask my ESFJ girlfriend at the time how could I plan a random outing.
But now it happens without even trying to.

I guess that was when I was a teen though and wasn't fully developed. Which could have been the same case for you? I don't know. I guess I could say I was closer to INTJ then than now thats for sure.
But I would describe my teen self as just T. Nothing els. lol
Yeah I guess it was about developing into P, before I stressed out literary about everything, now I am calm and chill. I can see all the aspects of INTP in myself and it pretty much fits me well.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I guess it was about developing into P, before I stressed out literary about everything, now I am calm and chill. I can see all the aspects of INTP in myself and it pretty much fits me well.
Yea same. Out of the types INTP is the closest.
After doing the tests on the site I can see that Im also close to INTJ and ENTP and similar to like you were saying Im probably more INTJ when Im taking things more seriously and more ENTP when socializing. But Im INTP most other times and in the back of my head. lol

I got high Ni and Ne. I was surprised that my Ni was high but still think my Ne is stronger.

·
Registered
196 Posts
It's dependent upon the situation for me.

INTP - Default "me".

INTJ - When dealing with stress, whether it be work, confrontation, protecting myself, or world domination attempts.

INFP - When dealing with people I care about who are going through hard times.

INFJ - When I am depressed and contemplating my cosmic insignificance.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I act ISTPish in that I like downhill skiing, and I hear ISTPs are pretty jock-like. That's pretty much it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
My only "strong" preference is Introversion.
I figure I could be anything apart from that.
My (most similar and therefore least stressful) friends are ISTP, INFP, INTP, ISTJ and INFJ.

Given those friends' types, and my function preferences, and knowing that I'm hopelessly indecisive, *but* that I've developed more "J" because of my line of study ... means that I probably could pass for an ISTP (just because of the Ti & Fe) and then INFJ (Fe, Ti). Then *maybe* an ISTJ or INTJ.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Whats your closet type?

Do you think your lower score is a strength or a weakness?

If your scores are to the extreme's (and you didn't just for see the test) whats your experience with that and what do you think of scores that are close?
Probably INTJ, P is my least defined score too, and growing up in a J family, I mistyped myself as INTJ for a while, so strong was their influence on my thinking.

I think lower scores are probably more of a strength, as it results in a more balanced person who can adapt better. On the other hand there is always this inner restlessness or conflict when my P and J which are very close in "power" try to wrestle about how to act in a situation. I very rarely feel such thing on my I-E or N-S spectrum.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I have this weird attraction to INFPs to the point where I've hoped to be one more than once. They just have this cute mysterious charm to them. The last doubt I had went away yesterday when I concluded that my values were not my ''core'' and then scrutinized by logic but it was the other way around; I deduced my strongest values from logical reasoning (Ti).

My most entertaining conversations are with ENTPs. They excite me the most intellectually. I've considered myself ENTP at first when I started looking into MBTI because of my eccentricity and intense use of Ne. It is the only realistic possible alternative to me being INTP. What I do know is that interesting social things and getting to know people energize me a lot. But silly social events irritate me.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Probably INTJ, P is my least defined score too, and growing up in a J family, I mistyped myself as INTJ for a while, so strong was their influence on my thinking.

I think lower scores are probably more of a strength, as it results in a more balanced person who can adapt better. On the other hand there is always this inner restlessness or conflict when my P and J which are very close in "power" try to wrestle about how to act in a situation. I very rarely feel such thing on my I-E or N-S spectrum.
Same I grew up around J's and would never be late for things, but now Im only on time for important things.
Same here I never though I was Senor but did think I was Extroverted for a bit because I'm I can be pretty good in social situations.

I latter realized that it was because my Enneagram is type 7 which is the Enthusiast which is a more Extroverted type.

And E and I isn't about if your good with social interaction but If you want to interact.

Which I don't so I'm now confident in my I.

I have this weird attraction to INFPs to the point where I've hoped to be one more than once. They just have this cute mysterious charm to them. The last doubt I had went away yesterday when I concluded that my values were not my ''core'' and then scrutinized by logic but it was the other way around; I deduced my strongest values from logical reasoning (Ti).

My most entertaining conversations are with ENTPs. They excite me the most intellectually. I've considered myself ENTP at first when I started looking into MBTI because of my eccentricity and intense use of Ne. It is the only realistic possible alternative to me being INTP. What I do know is that interesting social things and getting to know people energize me a lot. But silly social events irritate me.
I too have an interest in INFP and think I can be like one sometimes but I'm defs a thinking dom.

·
Registered
938 Posts
When I was younger and still now, I appear to be an INTJ. I'm an INTP, but, oh well. I get really smart-assy and blunt, sometimes I'm just a jerk... just like an assh... I'm mean, INTJ.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts