Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
I love their curiosity, their attention to details, how they want to learn how things work, how they're good at solving problems. Also the fact they're open to change (I'm very closed to change so it's nice to have a balance). Basically I like how they use their Ti.

·
Registered
89 Posts
ISTP's are fascinating people! I know they are probably my complete opposite and that may be why I'm so intrigued.
I have a couple of friends who are this type and we get along very well. I can see that inside their somewhat harsh exterior they are kind and genuine people and I find that really cute about them. :kitteh: Initially, I did not understand them and was hurt by some of their comments but I now understand. I know deep down they love me so it's all cool. Something about this type is so mysterious, I want to know more about them! :D

·
Registered
15,135 Posts
I like istp as a type - but I'm in love with my husband who actually an istp(with very strong Se and Ni).

I enjoy the laid back carefree vibes that istps have . Also I like that they're very action oriented , straight forward and have a sense of adventure in them -
I have full of ideas up my sleeve and my husband loves turning those ideas into reality with me . I also like that although hard to open up once they trust you - everything is out in the open and to me it means a lot .
Oh and I love ti's humors , wordplay and puns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I know 2 ISTPs in my life.

The one I know very well is my step -brother and the one I know less well is the one who's been trying to hunt me down.

- Let's start with brother

Even though he doesn't really show his feelings that much, he's very loyal to me. He knows a lot of stuff about me, even though he rarely asks me anything or talks to me at all.
He often made me sad or angry without actually wanting such outcome. He'd hide somewhere when I'd become sad... poor bro. =(

He shows his respect and love to me through fixing stuff, sharing some of his theories and looping constantly in them, buying me shirts and perfumes I like (he just knows what I like, amazing).

Even though I'm his step - sister, he expressed one time through answering someone's question that he could only consider me as his true sister, since we've gone through many situations together and have helped each other whenever it was necessary.

Very detached, adventurous but also very loyal man. There was always that something I've admired in him, that mysterious and at the same time adventurous vibe.

- The man who's been trying to hunt me down.

Oh well... he's been trying to do that for past few years even though he's well aware that I'm too sensitive type of a person for him.

Geralt of Rivia from the Witcher reminds me so much of him.

He's also very mysterious and adventurous, but has shared more from his emotional part of life... Made me even more careful around him.

He's an endless inspiration to me.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
There's a poll on here somewhere asking people what their least favorite type is. ISTP received the least number votes the last time I saw it, so animosity toward them must not be widespread at least.
I saw that poll a few days ago and was actually surprised to see that out of all the sensors, we're mostly liked. Not at all what I expected, honestly. Considering how harsh we are known to be sometimes, I expected more negativity than what I saw in those results.

·
Registered
87 Posts
ISTP's are fascinating people! I know they are probably my complete opposite and that may be why I'm so intrigued.
I have a couple of friends who are this type and we get along very well. I can see that inside their somewhat harsh exterior they are kind and genuine people and I find that really cute about them. :kitteh: Initially, I did not understand them and was hurt by some of their comments but I now understand. I know deep down they love me so it's all cool. Something about this type is so mysterious, I want to know more about them! :D
That's what my friend think about me. When she hasn't known me yet, she thought that I'm an unfriendly person. After she became my friend, she talked to me as a friend, without fear, we joke around and talk about school. ISTPs are actually a kind person to someone they know, just they look like an unfriendly person outside cause' they don't like to smile a lot. If they smile, usually they just smile without showing their teeth, or it can also be a one sided smile. We usually think that we already smile to you, but in fact you see that we aren't smiling at you

·
Registered
272 Posts
I think I love ISTPs because they value independency and intimacy a lot(like me).
I like the fact that ISTPs are straightforward and they don't hide things.
Their philosophy is "Get shit done and enjoy" and that's what I'm looking in people.

/edit: Oops, I just saw that I responded once.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
For me ISTPs are like the dream types of guys, but I think in reality I wouldn't feel loved by them enough, sadly. Because you guys are so awesome.

As friends, though, you peeps are naturally amazing.

·
Banned
3,328 Posts
I find ISTPs interesting, in theory.

In practice, I've honestly never met one that I've liked. This has more to do with those people in particular than the type itself, though. One is a textbook psychopath, one is an evil kid (eh, just misunderstood. He clearly has some trouble connecting with others, and he vents his frustrations via bullying), and the last one is someone who wants to be an ENFJ because he thinks that high Fe means "better people skills" (it doesn't).

I would really like to meet an ISTP who has it together. Functionally speaking, I should be able to get along with one. Heck, I can see us really hitting it off just based on the fact that I tend to share a lot of interests with the ISTPs I come across. I can have really interesting conversations with them (hence why I got mixed up with the psychopath one), and it would be nice to experience an Ni/Ti + Ti/Ni bond.

As it is, I've only met crazy ones. Here's hoping that well-developed ISTPs will come along so I can get a more balanced opinion towards you guys.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
One of the most honest and trustworthy type of persons you can find. The only downside is that they tend not to get easily out of their comfort zone. But it's comfortable chilling with them so that's not a big deal. :tongue:

·
Registered
722 Posts
I find ISTPs interesting, in theory.

In practice, I've honestly never met one that I've liked. This has more to do with those people in particular than the type itself, though. One is a textbook psychopath, one is an evil kid (eh, just misunderstood. He clearly has some trouble connecting with others, and he vents his frustrations via bullying), and the last one is someone who wants to be an ENFJ because he thinks that high Fe means "better people skills" (it doesn't).

I would really like to meet an ISTP who has it together. Functionally speaking, I should be able to get along with one. Heck, I can see us really hitting it off just based on the fact that I tend to share a lot of interests with the ISTPs I come across. I can have really interesting conversations with them (hence why I got mixed up with the psychopath one), and it would be nice to experience an Ni/Ti + Ti/Ni bond.

As it is, I've only met crazy ones. Here's hoping that well-developed ISTPs will come along so I can get a more balanced opinion towards you guys.
Any type can be an angel or a nightmare. That's just people being good or bad.
It is said that ISTP's ideal partner type is either ESFJ or ENFJ. ENFJ is the exact functional opposite of ISTP. But here in the ISTP forum I've seen that INFJ and ISTP can be great friends, couple or partners. I know an ISTP here who's married to an INFJ. Thanks for not writing us off, just yet. :happy:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any type can be an angel or a nightmare. That's just people being good or bad.
It is said that ISTP's ideal partner type is either ESFJ or ENFJ. ENFJ is the exact functional opposite of ISTP. But here in the ISTP forum I've seen that INFJ and ISTP can be great friends, couple or partners. I know an ISTP here who's married to an INFJ. Thanks for not writing us off, just yet. :happy:
I find this quite true as well, I have really good INFJ friends, I get along with INFJ's very well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts