Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Well, I always post over there & prob get annoying but ENTP's are one of my favorites, so meh.

My thoughts on ENTP:

-Misunderstood
-Lovable assholes
-Lucky you're witty because as mentioned, assholes
-Extremely confident whilst simultaneously not
-Hard shell, soft insides
-Highly intelligent. Have yet to meet one that isn't above normal intelligence. The ability is there, the motivation isn't always.
-I think many struggle with some form of addiction.
-I know you guys don't need protecting at all, but something about the type stirs a desire within me to shield. To reassure. To care for. There's a bit of a "lostness". Idk.
-Not always as open-minded as you like to think you are
-More judgemental than you think you are
-Yet accepting of all types of people & willing to give everyone a chance
-Can also write people off too quickly
-Stubborn
-Extremely loyal & caring to those you love
-Only see value in action, not words. Which can drive me a bit bonkers.
-Goofy, the best sense of humor, but can also be very serious.
-Don't always know when to push the "Ok, time to stop teasing now" button when someone has met their limit.
-Can be guarded. Acts ok when you're not. Unwillingness to be vulnerable. Which is unfortunate, because it is absolutely beautiful when you allow yourselves to be vulnerable.
-Doesn't have feelings about something when it seems like there should be some there? Hard to explain that one.
-So curious about all of the things
-When you let your light shine on someone, it is overwhelming & warming to the core. When you take that light away, it's confusing.
-When you get Fe figured out, you are great at pushing/challenging others into growth
-Horny sons of guns
-Need reminders about boundaries
-Very good at reading people. Amazing at it. So much so it makes me uncomfortable at times. But also not always as good as you think are. (Yes I'm aware this could be a hypocritcal statement BUT YOU ASKED so these are my thoughts. I fully accept that many of these observations could be way off the mark.)
-Desire validation more than you'll ever admit
-Can have the attention span of a gnat.
-Worth all of the frustrations that may come with maintaining a friendship with you. :smile:

Forgot- INFJ

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
They like to dish, but they can't take.
You find interesting stuff following them down their rabbit holes.
Flighty....it's best not to get attached to them.
Conversation is hella easy for the most part.
I need more of them in my life tbh.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Well, I always post over there & prob get annoying but ENTP's are one of my favorites, so meh.

My thoughts on ENTP:

-Misunderstood
-Lovable assholes
-Lucky you're witty because as mentioned, assholes
-Extremely confident whilst simultaneously not
-Hard shell, soft insides
-Highly intelligent. Have yet to meet one that isn't above normal intelligence. The ability is there, the motivation isn't always.
-I think many struggle with some form of addiction.
-I know you guys don't need protecting at all, but something about the type stirs a desire within me to shield. To reassure. To care for. There's a bit of a "lostness". Idk.
-Not always as open-minded as you like to think you are
-More judgemental than you think you are
-Yet accepting of all types of people & willing to give everyone a chance
-Can also write people off too quickly
-Stubborn
-Extremely loyal & caring to those you love
-Only see value in action, not words. Which can drive me a bit bonkers.
-Goofy, the best sense of humor, but can also be very serious.
-Don't always know when to push the "Ok, time to stop teasing now" button when someone has met their limit.
-Can be guarded. Acts ok when you're not. Unwillingness to be vulnerable. Which is unfortunate, because it is absolutely beautiful when you allow yourselves to be vulnerable.
-Doesn't have feelings about something when it seems like there should be some there? Hard to explain that one.
-So curious about all of the things
-When you let your light shine on someone, it is overwhelming & warming to the core. When you take that light away, it's confusing.
-When you get Fe figured out, you are great at pushing/challenging others into growth
-Horny sons of guns
-Need reminders about boundaries
-Very good at reading people. Amazing at it. So much so it makes me uncomfortable at times. But also not always as good as you think are. (Yes I'm aware this could be a hypocritcal statement BUT YOU ASKED so these are my thoughts. I fully accept that many of these observations could be way off the mark.)
-Desire validation more than you'll ever admit
-Can have the attention span of a gnat.
-Worth all of the frustrations that may come with maintaining a friendship with you. 😄

Forgot- INFJ
You know too much!
You're undermining our ability to manipulate .....
(which you failed to mention btw)

But gosh, that was a scarily accurate summary.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
You know too much!
You're undermining our ability to manipulate .....
(which you failed to mention btw)

But gosh, that was a scarily accurate summary.

We all manipulate in some form or another. Also I am trying to be very calm & cool right now because I rarely get female ENTP interaction IS IT WORKING :love:

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
If that load of bullshit is an accurate summary....
Haha are you referring to my assessment? If so, could you please expound? You scare the shit out of me but I also see you as being straightforward & trying to get to the truth of things, so I am curious where you disagree and why. Also, why do you never tag people when you make random digs such as this? You think so lowly of them (My evaluation, in this case. I'm assuming. Correct me if I'm wrong.) that you can't be bothered? This is not meant to be a passive aggressive question, I am genuinely asking. If you take the time to give your criticism, why not give the other person the opportunity to discuss by tagging them?

·
Registered
6,473 Posts
Haha are you referring to my assessment? If so, could you please expound?
Do you realize how much time I'd spend to criticize that list?

That's correct, I can't be bothered. Besides, since you didn't inform every ENTP before talking about them, you withdrew your right to be informed when ENTPs talk about you. However I make sure to quote when it is not obvious what I react to or when I answer a question.

·
Registered
15,183 Posts
Humorous
Peculiar
Enjoys playing devil’s advocate
Likes to be compelled
Crude sense of humor
Optimistic for the most part
Loyal to those they deeply care for
Sometimes selfish
Charismatic
Analytical
Clever
Excel at procrastination
Understanding
Perhaps shows the most feelings ( in a good way ) compared to the other NT type
Theoretical
Mischievous
Can see through a situation easily
Creative
Great at trolling

My type enfp - I adore entps - mainly due to the fact the closest people to me in my life are that type (my father and my bff )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Oh geez. This is why you scare the sheeyat out of me. I've been curious in the past to understand you & contemplated asking you questions here & there to better understand your thought process, but decided not to for just this reason. I figured you'd be dismissive. I'd hoped you'd prove me wrong with your response.

Do you realize how much time I'd spend to criticize that list?
I do not. How much IS IT A LOT 😑

You took the time to state you view my observations as bullshit, albeit not to me directly, but are unwilling to explain why when I ask? That's child's play. If I'm wrong & need to make adjustments to how I'm seeing/understanding things, then show me the evidence so I can make adjustments if needed. I responded to your comment asking you to help me learn something I'm evidently not aware of, and you hide behind the lazy answer of "That's not worthy of my time, I can't be bothered"? It's unfortunate. I'm willing to listen & appreciate being shown when I'm wrong/learn new things, but you are unwilling to engage in respectful conversation. Your prerogative.

That's correct, I can't be bothered.
Ok. No surprises here.

Besides, since you didn't inform every ENTP before talking about them, you withdrew your right to be informed when ENTPs talk about you.
Nonsensical comparison.

Where did I claim I have that right? I pointed out you often don't tag people when making sarcastic comments about their ideas/thoughts. I was curious as to why, as you seem to have no problem confronting people. You answered as I figured you would. I don't take issue with you not tagging me.

However I make sure to quote when it is not obvious what I react to or when I answer a question.
Ok 👍 Yes, you did quote post me here. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Hi @IDontThinkSo, thank you for responding.

A lot is a lot. And considering the probability that you'll try to counter-argue most of it, it's way too fuckin much.
Ok. I respect your wishes, that is understandable if you think that's what would happen.

I will say this- I think you are assuming the worst of my intentions. I have no desire to argue. I loathe conflict. However I love funneling ideas down to encourage understanding & learning, so I guess it would depend on your definition of argue. I think you are conflating discussing and arguing.

At any rate, in the future consider not wasting yours and other's time by calling one's opinion bullshit if you're not willing to explain why.

Don't act all offended when you call someone an asshole in the first place.
You confuse disappointed with offended.

On the subject of asshole, I'm going to clear this up. I interpret an asshole as "one who pushes buttons". I stand by that as how I would describe ENTP's. Given that definition, yes you are assholes. However I was curious, so I looked it up and it stated asshole as "a stupid, irritating, or contemptible person". Given that definition, asshole was an incorrect & poor word choice. I could have chosen better.

It's unfortunate you focused on "asshole" and not "loveable asshole" as a whole. I'll give you two examples of what I view as being a "loveable asshole":

Starting a thread that says, "The new layout is better, suck it introverts." Or something along those lines, not sure what the exact words were. It made me laugh when I saw it as it is amusing & humorous in a dickish way. I personally enjoy this humor because there is truth to it. The asshole part comes into play because you know this language will upset some people. Maybe I'm wrong there. Maybe you don't, idk. There may just be such a huge chasm for you that you either aren't able to grasp why that would upset some people, or you just don't care to cater to those who are more sensitive?

Another example then I'll let you be, sorry. Your avi. First time I saw it I thought "Ohhhh you BAS-tard" ~normally I'd put a laughy-face emoji here to indicate laughing but you do not strike me as an emoji person so I'll just use a lot of words to tell you that instead of actually doing it~ Again, funny because there's truth to it. It's poking fun. Asshole because it's humor at another's expense & meant to mock. It's pushing buttons.

I'll close all this jabber on a positive note. This exchange made me reflect on my friendship with my ENTP friend. I texted him shortly after my last post to let him know what I value in our friendship. That he's patient & willing to work on communication when we aren't understanding each other, driven me to toughen up & lastly given me cause to analyze how I think. He has helped me grow in many ways, and I'd hope it has been mutual. I don't think he's done these thing knowingly really, they've just happened as a result of our differing personalities seeing value in putting forth effort to understand each other. This I see as an ENTP strength.

Hope you're having a good day.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I like them from my experience, one of my best friends from high school was ENTP, so was my one of my hvacr teachers. That guy would give a sermon, political speech, autobiography, and philosophical lecture all before lunch, the ISTP teacher was much more focused and rarely went off of the heating/air conditioning material .

They are often humorous and scattered brained, they can be a little pushy sometimes though.

I can understand their need to prod/troll people because Ne likes to see why far it can push boundaries, heck I was ENTP-like myself when I was a teenager(and got into trouble and fights as a result).

·
Registered
6,473 Posts
You think I should?
I think I would care about your feelings if they weren't garbage.

Hi @IDontThinkSo, thank you for responding.
Argue c. 1300, "to make reasoned statements to prove or refute a proposition," from Old French arguer Apr. 1170 « raisonnement destiné à prouver ou à réfuter une proposition » dér. d'arguere « démontrer » De monstrare = to show down to the bottom = down to the principle/axiom.

If then but so yet thus. Arguing happens every time you are opposing a reasoning to what one says. What you desire is a thing, what you do is another. I am only bound to pay attention to what you do, your intention is your business.

By implying that I lacked respect first, that would make me an offender ; whether or not that's how you redefine it and everything.

When I cross a line for fun, push buttons as you say, it's kind of an inside joke with other extraverts. So the example you chose is an other level : I have lost all patience with the introvert. To give you a rough idea, the reason why I noticed the MBTI is that I was already studying on my own this epistemological disease Jung called introversion.

For an introvert, or technically a prognosis reinforcer, or someone pathologically indulging in confirmation biases, the unexpected, hence reality is ultimatelly something to adapt to one's toughts. Scoring more or less introvert - roughtly J in the MBTI - implies that one is more or less severely limited in one's understanding of moral and scentific boundaries as well as oblivious to one's own flaws.

Basically what introverts do is throwing their buttons all around and thinking it's others who come to push them. I just push back the buttons that stir up the shit in this world. Introverts do fine as long as they know their place, but by principle they can't, it's just that they sometimes happen to stay still by habit like a broken clock points at the right time twice a day. This is no joke or a troll, obviously.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts