Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What dichotomies? What functions? In friendship, parent/child, teacher/student, and romantic relationships, which parts of types affect the way people interact and the way the relationship works the most (negatively or positively?)

Many people seem to think S/N is the most important; others say J/P. I've been thinking a lot about Si/Ne (NPs and SJs) and Se/Ni (NJs and SPs). I've noticed that if you have two NPs (especially EXNPs) in a room they get what I've come to refer to as 'Ne high' where they jump from one conversation to the next with no regard to anyone else. (It really seems to bother some SJs...) I also can have excellent conversations with most TPs (excluding ESTPs), but I'm not sure why. (Ti is all I can think of...)

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
What dichotomies? What functions? In friendship, parent/child, teacher/student, and romantic relationships, which parts of types affect the way people interact and the way the relationship works the most (negatively or positively?)

Many people seem to think S/N is the most important; others say J/P. I've been thinking a lot about Si/Ne (NPs and SJs) and Se/Ni (NJs and SPs). I've noticed that if you have two NPs (especially EXNPs) in a room they get what I've come to refer to as 'Ne high' where they jump from one conversation to the next with no regard to anyone else. (It really seems to bother some SJs...) I also can have excellent conversations with most TPs (excluding ESTPs), but I'm not sure why. (Ti is all I can think of...)
Why excluding ESTP's? I seem to get along just fine with INTP's that I know IRL. Although, I suspect depending on where they know me from, they'd mistype me as I behave differently according to where I am.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.