Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just finished college, and don't really have anything set in stone work-wise so I'm on a little bit of a mission to find my 'thing'. I have all the little things, like reading and listening to my music, and I have my guitar which is a major thing for me, but I sometimes feel like I'm not really achieving anything unless I've really accomplished something at the end of the day.

So, out of interest, what is everyone's labour of love?

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
I've just finished college, and don't really have anything set in stone work-wise so I'm on a little bit of a mission to find my 'thing'. I have all the little things, like reading and listening to my music, and I have my guitar which is a major thing for me, but I sometimes feel like I'm not really achieving anything unless I've really accomplished something at the end of the day.

So, out of interest, what is everyone's labour of love?
All the things you said are my major hobbies. :happy:

Also I like going on walks. Sometimes better alone.

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
i like creating art, via painting drawing
i like to write, long stories about random ideas that pop into my head and am able to expand upon (rare, lol.)
i like writing erotic fiction stories--all of which are very 'halfway believable', and always have humour (or at least my kinda humour), and always always always have a bunch of sadistic shit! not entertaining without that! IMO

another thing i really like is reading.
also dancing, dancing is very "therapeutic" for me.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Reading: My tastes are pretty extensive. Regards to fiction, I like to read literature, but I'll enjoy some fantasy or science fiction now and then. Non-fiction, I'll read anything and everything, but I'll get more to that later.

Writing: I can express myself easiest through words. They're natural to me. They just flow and come together when I want them to. I write short fiction, poetry, and I'm going to delve into novels finally.

Philosophy: It's probably 100% that I'm going to major in philosophy. Philosophy permeates life. I can't stop thinking. I can't stop reading philosophy. It's just part of everyone's life, whether we actively choose to participate in it or not. I don't know who I would be today if I wasn't interested in it.

• Music
  • Playing Guitar/Sax
  • Math/Sciences
  • Dancing
  • Love

·
Registered
962 Posts
I walk crazy amounts as well. At least it's quite good for us.I've taken up photography in the past year and combine the two. I'll eventually been known as that compulsive city walker guy with the camera over is shoulder, if I'm not already.

I don't think I'm that great at it (photography) but it has become a strong passion, as well as movies and books.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have recently bought an extremely large fish tank. Going to keep marine fish and corals etc. Have a feeling it is going to eat large amounts of money, but will hopefully be pretty spectacular when all set up :laughing:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Writing. It's always been writing. In my early 20's it was poetry. I wrote profusely, submitted work to magazines, went to poetry readings, met with my critiquing group.

Now, it's short fiction and my blogs.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I love writing. Short fictions, mostly, or unbelievable crossovers. (Thinking of a High School of the Dead x Lucky Star crossover right now) I love anime and I could animate if I wanted to, but I don't have Flash, so...

·
Registered
615 Posts
Drawing, painting, and generally creating something. There are woodcrafts that can let you paint + assemble beautiful carousels. ^^ And they're pretty cheap too, if in crappy quality. Try ceramics? Writing is extremely peaceful when in chaotic situations.

Reading Neil Gaiman makes me happy! ^^
Hmm...Something like designing or maybe music theory is something I'm planning to look into.
And I want a job internship soon, find something you're interested in and give it a go? :0

1 - 20 of 28 Posts