440 Posts
ehem...

schizoid (5w6)
paranoid
avoidant
depressive (5w4)
anxious (5w6)
obsessive/compulsive (5w6)

an unhealthy type 5 with a personality disorder would most likely fall into the cluster A type (odd, eccentric, think Howard Hughs) over the cluster B (overt emotional types). I think a 5w6 is more likely to have a cluster C type PD over a 5w4. 5w4 is more likely to have a cluster B type (think Kurt Cobain).

·
Registered
666 Posts
Let's see.. my personal disorders (diagnosed) include chronic depression, GAD and agoraphobia. I do see the down side of being a type 5, and I plan to not allow myself to disappear completely inside my room, or inside my head, which I could very easily do and not even miss society. Frankly, they probably wouldn't miss me either, since I so rarely make an appearance. I have enough pride to not only want to be an expert, but to have some expert position in society. So whether it be paid, or just acknowledged by a select few, I'm going to keep pushing myself to obtain a place for myself in the world, rather than just the place I carve for myself behind my computer screen.

·
Banned
440 Posts
Schizoid? Haven't all of the great intellects and artists been schizoid? I take it as a compliment. :) Too smart to be understood and to waste time on meaningless chit chat? K.
That's really an oversimplification of SPD. Probably some "great intellects and artists" have been schizoid but I really see no positive correlation between this disorder and IQ. There is, to some degree, an eccentricity given to famous people due to their contributed works to humanity; however, I wouldn't necessarily classify them as schizoid.

Schizoid can be painful or actually not all that emotionally painful depending on how deeply enmeshed one is in her symptoms. For a person attempting to find her authentic self (i.e. face the reality of the false self and begin to identify with reality), some of the symptoms can be quite painful. I think of what it must be like for a newborn moving from the womb to the outside world for the first time. Quite frightening I'd imagine.

Here is an overview of SPD. I do believe, given the 9 types, that type five would be the most likely to have this specific disorder. Type 9 is probably another common type for this disorder.

Schizoid personality disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
That's really an oversimplification of SPD. Probably some "great intellects and artists" have been schizoid but I really see no positive correlation between this disorder and IQ. There is, to some degree, an eccentricity given to famous people due to their contributed works to humanity; however, I wouldn't necessarily classify them as schizoid.

Schizoid can be painful or actually not all that emotionally painful depending on how deeply enmeshed one is in her symptoms. For a person attempting to find her authentic self (i.e. face the reality of the false self and begin to identify with reality), some of the symptoms can be quite painful. I think of what it must be like for a newborn moving from the womb to the outside world for the first time. Quite frightening I'd imagine.

Here is an overview of SPD. I do believe, given the 9 types, that type five would be the most likely to have this specific disorder. Type 9 is probably another common type for this disorder.

Schizoid personality disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I was just kidding. :p

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
On a serious note, when I was younger, I was diagnosed and treated for Bipolar with psychotic and depressive symptoms.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts