Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have to ask this...

im a girl, not the girly girl kind.... i attrack other girls...

this bisexual girl likes me, and her gay-radar tells her im bi too..... mmm hmm.. what do you think?

what makes a bisexual woman? INFPs? and other types too? and is it within the personality that the sexuality lies within too?

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
All women are secretly bisexual.

·
Banned
1,760 Posts
I'm INTJ and I'm a lesbian. My girlfriend is ISFP and she's bisexual, pending the scale mostly on lesbian.
I don't think personality type has anything to do with sexual orientation o.0

·
Banned
4,210 Posts
There seems to be a correlation on this forum between NTs and bisexuality...or at least that is the impression I've received.
But yeah, I'm not really sure if personality affects it or not.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
There seems to be a correlation on this forum between NTs and bisexuality...or at least that is the impression I've received.
But yeah, I'm not really sure if personality affects it or not.
I have a thought on the seeming correlation between an NT type and self-identified bisexuality (a category which includes myself). I certainly don't think that "personality type," being somewhat pseudo-scientific in nature, actually influences which genders people are attracted to. I do think, however, that perhaps NTs are more inclined to identify themselves as bisexual, as we are more likely to objectively "observe" what we're attracted to, and to value these findings over a heterosexist conception of what it means to be "gay" or "straight"

In short I think the combination of our ability to be honest with ourselves/"detach" and our resistance to culturally-defined roles or categories makes us more likely to outwardly call ourselves "bisexual" though it doesn't influence what we're actually attracted to.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Anyone can be any orientation. A bisexual is just one that has the audacity to target everyone.

·
Registered
INTP Female
26,829 Posts
Anyone can be any orientation. A bisexual is just one that has the audacity to target everyone.
So, by that logic, gay people target all members of their own sex and straight people target all members of the opposite sex. Maybe you mean pansexuals when you mean someone that "targets everyone"?

Pansexual means someone who can be attracted to any adult of any sex or gender identity, whilst bisexual means someone who can be attracted to any adult of any sex - bisexuals can be pansexual, but the term refers to cisgendered people and tends to exclude transgendered people (excluding transsexuals, who are straight, bisexual or gay depending on their gender identity and the groups they are attracted to).

·
Registered
226 Posts
what makes a bisexual woman? INFPs? and other types too? and is it within the personality that the sexuality lies within too?
Liking both genders usually does the job :crazy:

naaah seriously, as a bisexual INFP, I'm kinda curious as to what you mean. Do you personally feel that we are more inclined?

I tend to feel that there is a ....spectrum of sexuality, and that anyone can be anywhere on that and like any section (or all, if your pan :p), though some areas may be more popularily disposed to another.

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
Pansexual, bisexual... either works, really. I'm open-minded. I suppose. I must admit, hotness is hotness, regardless of sex or gender-identity. :tongue:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Pansexual, bisexual... either works, really. I'm open-minded. I suppose. I must admit, hotness is hotness, regardless of sex or gender-identity. :tongue:
Hear Hear :proud:

·
Registered
801 Posts
I think it hinges on the ability for one to accept people for who they are. To find the beauty in everyone, whether they are male or female. Open to different experiences. Morality, or values they have been taught also come into play.

Reactions: Jackdaw
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.