Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a fairly good idea of what my strengths and weaknesses are, but I am curious if any of you guys might think differently.

TL;DR Summary:
Very outgoing, love playing music and being creative, I tend to get excited about something quickly, invest time and money...then lose excitement, this leads to having lots of stuff haha, the interest doesnt totally leave and I will come back to it...just not as excited as I was. Im fairly organized I keep my clothing separated and my documents in order, I like to know exactly where everything is. I enjoy dressing up and looking good, I like the finer things in life, but I also enjoy roughing it and being in the outdoors. I hate being late...but I will sleep in a bit too much and arrive a few minutes late once in a while. I am extremely analytical and sometimes read into things too much. I am excellent at solving problems and figuring things out. I pick up on things extremely easy and feel that I am a natural born leader because of this. I have a broad interest in everything and enjoy learning about the world...this has allowed me to be very good at carrying a conversation and relating to others. I dont like people who think on emotion and not rationally, especially when it comes to politics. I like taking a practical approach to things. I love adventure and new scenarios. I dislike asking people for help! My taste in music is insanely wide, I feel like nothing really defines who I am! I am a car enthusiast, I am an intellect, I am an outdoorsman, I am into fasion, I am excellent with computers (built them, set up networks), I love cooking, I love playing music. List goes on.

Thats the summary...here is the in depth stuff.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I love being around people...but I can spend hours by my self...
I love adventure and experiencing new things...but again...I can spend a weekend not doing anything too exciting because everyone is working or people are too busy...

Also, I like being organized and doing things with a plan, but a lot of times I will let my room get a bit messy and I will do things on a whim... so not sure if P or J in that regard...I can be late to class and what not too...I like to sleep in etc.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I year adventure, travel, doing something meaningful, solving problems, LEARNING about EVERYTHING. I love education, I love learning about our world. etc.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
Oh man...Idk...I have that kind of time in the middle of a jam session with someone and I'm playing guitar or drums...On a road trip with my best buds and stopping by a nice scenic spot...Trying absolutely amazing food at a great restaurant with some great friends. stimulating conversation.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
People telling me what to do, people telling me I'm not smart, not being able to do something that others can. Asking people for help.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
Pro and Cons.

Im having a hard time choosing a major because I dont know if I should major in something I like learning about (political science, international relations and foreign language) or major in something like economics or finance (which can get a bit dry sometimes...but still interesting). So I am weighing things like...job prospects after college, my sincere interest level.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I am definitely analytical and I like to dig deep and look at all of the aspects, I am excellent at problem solving and can rule out the issue quickly. I like to combine my gut feeling with practicality...If I feel like something may be the issue I will look deeper and make sure that IS what it is before I act...Sometimes my emotions will take over and I will act on impulse and make a hasty decision before I weigh all of my options....and sometimes I will weigh my options too much and I CANT make a quick decision...
I do like to have control over the outcome of any project, especially if presenting something. It has be to PERFECT. Perfect spelling, perfect visuals etc.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I went on a road trip with some friends through all of California...and it was the most fun I have had in a long time...we traveled from the Sierra Nevada's all the way down to the beaches of LA...I used to hate roller coasters as a kid, but now I love them and we ended up going to a theme park and riding a bunch of coasters ( I was still nervous about going, but I almost made my self go because I knew I would love it)

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I think too deeply about things when I learn, I want to learn it thoroughly, so I could actually discuss the topic and relate back to previous knowledge. I love to learn for the sake of knowing things, knowing is very useful when having conversations with people and relating to others.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
I am fairly organized, I like to keep my papers in order, my files on my computer in order, my sweaters are on the top shelf so they dont sag on the hangers :)
I dont alphabetize my books or anything...and my financial paperwork is just thrown into a manila folder...I dont care to go through that stuff because I dont really have to being in college.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
Both, I like to weigh everything. If someone proposed a new product to me I would ask these questions.

"Why did you design this?" "Why do you think this will make money?" "What is the current market for this item?" "What is our competition?"

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
This is a hard question, and I dont really know how to answer it.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I have definitely had moments when I spoke before I thought...and I have gotten some bad rap for that, it has been something I have always been working on and I am getting a lot better at it now that I am older.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I tend to jump into action without thinking "Is this really me? Is this who I am? or Is this who I am trying to be?

In highschool I went through a few phases trying to find who I was, and I made a lot of those decisions without thinking things through...Now in college I am pretty much set in who I am and I am almost a combination of them all...but now I try and think things thoroughly before I act.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
If it is a night out, then hell yeah.

If they are doing something boring...then...maybe...depends.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
Very cool and collect.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I cant stand "know-it-alls", gaudy people who show off, insecurity, very rigged traditionalists

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I like talking about both abstract things and facts. Everything from Quantum Physics to Cars. I love a good conversation.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
I tend to forget about others...I get so caught up in the moment or in what I am doing that I will forget birthdays or not say hi to someone that I know personally, this is something I am aware of and have dramatically improved on.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

They perceive me as the loud guy, very straightforward, the jokester and class clown, they know I love learning about things and that I am the jack of all trades, because of the few phases and hobbies I took on in life, I have become a jack of all trades in a sense. I always try new things that I am interested in, get really into it, lose interest after I get fairly good at it and move on...the interest still lingers and I still come back from time to time, but the excitement is not has strong.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Hang out with some friends, shoot some pool, go to the shooting range, maybe work on something creative. Go fishing.

This is really long! But thanks to everyone who replies.

·
Registered
154 Posts
ESTP. You seem very Se dom with what seems to be Ti auxiliary. Check it out.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'd say ESTP, consider ESFP because they have that tertiary extraverted thinking (organizing, controlling -- all that fun stuff).

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Yeah...I saw ESFP as a possibility too. This seems pretty Fi to me:

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I tend to jump into action without thinking "Is this really me? Is this who I am? or Is this who I am trying to be?
But if you don't relate to Fi/Te then ESTP seems best.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts