Personality Cafe banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Categories are SP, SJ, NT, NF

So according to each type of personality, which one falls the most into the other category? Feel free to come up with your own list and your own justifications.

For instance in NT

INTP - most SP because they can abandone future consequences for the value of their moment
INTJ - supreme rational
ENTP - most NF because they can connect to people in a more holistic sense the most
ENTJ - most SJ because they have the most willingness to work within the established system

ISTJ - most NT because of their unusual attachment to being correct
ISFJ - most NF because of their deep seeded attachment to the nature of others
ESTJ - supreme guardian
ESFJ - most SP because of their capacity for play

ISTP - most NT because of their unusual willingness for systematization
ISFP - most NF because of their strong feelings towards and focus on beauty
ESTP - most SJ because of their focus on and their pragmatic navigation of the attitudes of others
ESFP - supreme artist

INFP - supreme idealist
INFJ - most NT because of their unusual willingness to justify their conclusions objectively
ENFP - most SP because of their not-tied-down attitude towards everything
ENFJ - most SJ because of their strong need for social harmony

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
I see a pattern, but there's just one place where it's broken. Every type that is the most like another category is the most like the supreme type of that category except for INTP and ENTP. You need to switch those.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I see a pattern, but there's just one place where it's broken. Every type that is the most like another category is the most like the supreme type of that category except for INTP and ENTP. You need to switch those.
It's interesting that you see a pattern. But idk... it's hard to believe INTP is more idealistic than ENTP. Or ENTP more artistic than INTP. Se is very different from Ne.

·
Banned
1,695 Posts
Categories are SP, SJ, NT, NF

So according to each type of personality, which one falls the most into the other category? Feel free to come up with your own list and your own justifications.
It's an interesting concept, though I would disagree with most of it. Just because I guess I don't see any types behaving in general like other types, except on an individual level. My best INTP friend, for example, was kind of like an ISTJ or an INTJ, depending on the moment. I behaved more like an INFJ or an ISFJ. I don't think I've met any INTPs that seemed much like SPs.

I get where you're coming from though. It just isn't based in anything so it's kind of hard to form an opinion on. I feel like I could mix them all up and provide different reasons for types appearing like other types.

Reactions: forgotten reason

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
It's an interesting concept, though I would disagree with most of it. Just because I guess I don't see any types behaving in general like other types, except on an individual level. My best INTP friend, for example, was kind of like an ISTJ or an INTJ, depending on the moment. I behaved more like an INFJ or an ISFJ. I don't think I've met any INTPs that seemed much like SPs.

I get where you're coming from though. It just isn't based in anything so it's kind of hard to form an opinion on. I feel like I could mix them all up and provide different reasons for types appearing like other types.
Yeah, I'm not really sure if I could quantify this.

That being said, I do have a personal example to offer. An INTP guy I know acts almost exactly like my ISFP cousin- constantly playing with things around him, rubbing his face, suddenly running off to random places, etc. So in that sense, I can relate to the model.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

Yeah I wasn't exactly giving them so much objectively verifiable behavior criteria so much as what I believe to be their state of mind. Your INTP friend being more ISTJ and INTJ doesn't exactly go against what I wrote because I described ISTJ as having a somewhat rational mindset (out of the guardians) and INTJ is a rational (supreme in fact lol). And again you behaving kinda INFJ reminds me of how INFJ can seem rational (out of the idealists). As for ISFJ... maybe that's a female thing... (ISFJ as "nurturer").

I understand what you mean by that INTP's aren't exactly directly stimulated by their environment... but I've just noticed this attitude with SP's that for some reason I get. A kind of engagement that is misunderstood as being aloof and unnecessary. Only... they manage to literally actualize this engagement... but anyway I think there is an attitude in this particular way with INTPs that stands apart from the rest.

But I put it as an activity for other people to try because I found it to be more speculation than anything. Even though what I wrote really speaks to how I understand each type.

Reactions: lookslikeiwin

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Seems a bit frivolous - I'd be interested to know if, were you to ask people of each type to rank the temperaments they relate best to, there'd be any trends like these, but I wouldn't really expect too strong a link on the type level, since I'd expect significant individual variance (I'd go NT>SJ>NF>SP for me personally, for instance, working from the general descriptions of each temperament, which I don't imagine would be especially common for INTPs). It just seems like too flawed an exercise to attempt - half the job is already done by the flawed structure of temperament theory (via T/F and J/P only being part of temperaments for half the types each), and the rest is just filling the gaps...

@jeremusic2 - what I did find noteworthy (and this essentially repeats what @Xahhakatar noted) is that, with the xNTPs excepted, you've lined up the extraverts with the SJ and SP temperaments and the introverts with NT and NF. I can easily see the link between S/N and function attitudes, in how similar subjective/objective and abstract/concrete are as concepts, but I rarely see it done on the level of I/E itself. Interesting, also, that you have the xNTPs bucking that trend... oh, and you've also essentially associated T with J, and F with P, which is intriguing in itself. I'm curious, now, as to what might underlie such associations of theoretically unrelated concepts...

·
Not a Robot
2,152 Posts
I actually like this list and I relate to "INTP - most SP because they can abandon future consequences for the value of their moment." I know I sometimes will mentally acknowledge that there will be consequences for doing a certain thing, but if I cannot bring myself to care, I'm off.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts