Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What personality type tends to make lists of things?
The type that has the need to list things, to start a database for almost anything: be it property, collections, music, expenses, whatever...

and what type/s are the opposite?

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
Haha, I'm going to be stereotypical and say anyone with Te. My mother is ISTJ and though she isn't obsessive about databasing, she sure can't live without lists and really neither should I, but I obsessively AVOID lists to my deterrence. An interesting note possibly is, she likes to have photographic storage of her property and surroundings, especially the yard to see how much it has changed compared to in the past.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I like makin lists.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It's my favorite thing. I call the current subjects my Research Projects. I rush through the mundane necessities so I can sit at the computer copying and pasting, and over to the side listing on paper and marking off and drawing arrows from one thing to another from another source.... And I'm 90% sure I'm an INTP.

However, now that I've reread the original question--my real passion isn't quite what you described. I do have lists of my books, prices at various stores, frequently bought food and supplies... but those are just a little fun. I *look at* databases and use ideas from many of them to draw conclusions about a subject.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it supposed to be a big Te thing? That would be mostly ESTJ, ENTJ, ISTJ and INTJ.

Even I, with my piddly amount of Te, like to make lists.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts