Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just recently discovered I'm an ISFJ and was wondering what sorta personality types are attracted to us and what have been people's experiences with those types.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Gosh, I'm just visiting over from INFJ-land, and it makes me sad that you've had no responses to this posting. The usual doctrinal answer is that ISFJs are well matched with ESFJs or ENFJs. Sorry I can't relate any experiences with these two types.

ISFJs, you seem like total sweethearts. Best romantic wishes to y'all!

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Me :)

I just married my ISFJ this summer. Sorry I can't give his experience... but things have been wonderful from this end, anyway. I feel like we are a nicely-matched pair... our Is and Fs compliment each other... we are both pensive and introspective, and people-focused and conscientious. We share quite a few interests and activities we enjoy as a result, and our lifestyles are easily compatible. I appreciate his J-ness and he says I help him relax and enjoy, so I take it that means he enjoys my P-ness. :x I also appreciate his S and he appreciates my N... we both bring a different sort of "color" to the relationship. Our biggest challenges occur when I am defensive against him and when he does not share his feelings with me... very Enneagram related. Fortunately, we seem to inherently heal each other as well. Overall I feel very lucky to have him... to me he seems like the perfect life partner. He is a gentleman, a playmate, and a knight in shining armor.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
ESTPs, I like how you all are quite and contemplative.

Reactions: a peach

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Me :)

I just married my ISFJ this summer. Sorry I can't give his experience... but things have been wonderful from this end, anyway. I feel like we are a nicely-matched pair... our Is and Fs compliment each other... we are both pensive and introspective, and people-focused and conscientious. We share quite a few interests and activities we enjoy as a result, and our lifestyles are easily compatible. I appreciate his J-ness and he says I help him relax and enjoy, so I take it that means he enjoys my P-ness. :x I also appreciate his S and he appreciates my N... we both bring a different sort of "color" to the relationship. Our biggest challenges occur when I am defensive against him and when he does not share his feelings with me... very Enneagram related. Fortunately, we seem to inherently heal each other as well. Overall I feel very lucky to have him... to me he seems like the perfect life partner. He is a gentleman, a playmate, and a knight in shining armor.
That sounds really wonderful. I like that you compliment each other. I hope one day to find a person who can compliment me in a similar way.

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
That sounds really wonderful. I like that you compliment each other. I hope one day to find a person who can compliment me in a similar way.
Thank you!! I believe you will. I have a hard time imagining any reasonably healthy ISFJ not being able to land themself in a happy, mutually positive relationship sooner or later. To me you seem like such naturally great partners.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I've just recently discovered I'm an ISFJ and was wondering what sorta personality types are attracted to us and what have been people's experiences with those types.
Hey there! I got to know my first ISFJ this year and I guess I can say then that you guys attract my type (ISFP)? Or maybe it's about personal preferences... but I find him to be the sweetest, gentlest, kindness and most good humoured person I've ever known.

Although currently he's overwhelmed by work and some other issues and has told me he needs a few days to himself. Which I totally respect, because he means so much to me.

·
Registered
49 Posts
In my experience,

In order of attracting MOST to LEAST:

INFJ (most), ENFJ, INTP, INFP, and ENFP, and INTJ

Also the occassional ISFP cuz they're so sweet and easy to get along with

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey there! I got to know my first ISFJ this year and I guess I can say then that you guys attract my type (ISFP)? Or maybe it's about personal preferences... but I find him to be the sweetest, gentlest, kindness and most good humoured person I've ever known.

Although currently he's overwhelmed by work and some other issues and has told me he needs a few days to himself. Which I totally respect, because he means so much to me.
That's so awesome! I'm happy you've found someone. Best of luck to you and thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In my experience,

In order of attracting MOST to LEAST:

INFJ (most), ENFJ, INTP, INFP, and ENFP, and INTJ

Also the occassional ISFP cuz they're so sweet and easy to get along with
INFJ would seem to be an interesting match. INTJ for sure would never work.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I see ExTPs flocking to the ISFJs around me, but that is male ExTPs and female ISFJs. I've noticed that fellow feelers are the ones who are attracted to male ISFJs primarily.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think as an ISFJ, we attract people who like our dedication and passion or somebody who looks up to people who has organisational skills as we can be meticulous with organization. Or people who like us for being passionate about helping others, giving back or doing something greater than ourselves.

·
Registered
400 Posts
It helps me to know that it's not so rare (looking @ the posts here), because I've noticed -- in growing up, and now -- many of the men whom I've attracted tended to be ESTPs. It could be because of gender roles: ISFJs being a described nurturing, gentle type; qualities that are exceptionally favorable in the conventional woman. ESTPs tend to be very masculine, bold, unafraid. I'm naturally attracted to those whom I feel I could be safe with, a fantasy of being protected in his arms. I think an ESTP would very much like that, engaging in a relationship where he feels strong, exciting and as though he can conquer anything. If it weren't for my current relationship, I'd easily be with an ESTP.

Other patterns I've noticed (though this is just my own experience -- could be very well different for other ISFJs!): INFPs, INFJs, ENFJs, and the occasional ISFP.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It all depends on the personality of the ISFJ I think. For me I usually attract: ESTP, ISTP, INTJ, INFP, and ENFJ. That's just generally for a lot of people I spend time with are those types and end up developing a closer relationship.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
My father is ISFJ and my mother ESFP. They were together for 40 years (5 dating + 35 married).

What made their relationship work was the fact that they both enjoyed the same kinds of hobbies (nature, travel, museums, history, playing sports together, cinema, music, concerts, and more), plus they both were romantic and cuddly, and they could talk for hours and hours and hours about a ton of topics.

My mother was drawn to him beause of his charisma, his incredible social skills, his romantic gestures, attentiveness, always calling her and being super straightforward (no games), protective, and he was extremely intelligent and cultured (as in well-read abut world affairs, culture, history, science, politics, etc). He impressed her with his endless knowledge, and she was always trying to catch up but could never match him lol.

She liked that he was a great provider, hardworking, and would show up after work with bouquets of flowers for no reason once a week. For +35 years he always bought her flowers and chocolates and random stuff after work, going out of his way to do all these things, instead of doing the easy thing which would be to come home straightaway to watch mindless tv.

He is currently dating an ESFJ, they've been together for 4-5 years, and their relationship is not as compatible/easy as it was with ESFP.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I am an INFJ and an HSP (Highly Sensitive Person). I seem to attract Narcissists but I have learned they are not healthy for me, or anyone. I am easily taken advantage of so I am on guard while dating and trust is paramount. I know within 5 minutes if I will have a lasting relationship with someone.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts