Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there're a lot of: "Is XXXX compatible with XXXX" or "What type are you attracted to?", but I've yet to find a thread about what types you attract. So, here goes:

What personality types are generally attracted to you?

I find that a lot of SP's or NF's are initially attracted to me because they take me for a sweet, innocent ENFP good girl. (I blame it on my hugely misleading baby face and innocent-looking big eyes.) Once they see my Ti side, they get intimidated. (Also, I don't know if it's a Ti thing or just an ENTP thing, but my tendency to initiate debates and make sarcastic jokes also scares them off.)

On the contrary, NTs are attracted to that side of me initially, but my spontaneous fits of extreme randomness can sometimes throw them off. But I mostly end up with the NT guys who find it a source of amusement rather than a sign of insanity.

What about you?

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Mostly the ones I am not interested in....:)

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I haven't the slightest idea. If we're talking about attracting for a possible relationship, I do have complete strangers give me compliments or ask for my number, there's no way I'd know what type they are.

But the ones that I will date or have been in relationships? NT's and NF"s. I've been with an xNTP and an INFJ. I've been going out with another ENTP lately.

In general, most of my friends are NT's and NF's anyway. I have a couple ESFP friends, and an ISFx. I also have one ESTJ friend and thats really a love/hate relationship. We love each other like siblings but our personalities really clash sometimes and we drive each other up the wall.

·
Registered
88 Posts
whatever kind i want to/feel like attracting....:tongue:

ive never really not been able to get a person to like me if i really wanted to. entps can read into people and know what to say/how to say it almost instantly. and if we fuck up, we can find a ridiculous way to get out of it lol.

i usually look for NT's

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ultimately, I'd like to find a nice INFJ, but all I can find is ISTJs, ESFPs, ISFJs and INTJs

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I'm not too sure. The thing is, guys don't really come out and be all like, "Hey, I'm into you!" to me (because, you know, everyone does that all the time). Or even really show it, although Lord knows I can be terribly oblivious to that sort of thing.

Since guys never really pursue me, I always have to awkwardly make something happen myself, and I'm generally successful (then again, I'm also choosy and realistic, so it's not a matter of, "Oooh, I could have any guy I waaant"), but still....It makes it tough to decipher who's really attracted to me, save for a few cases.

I feel like I'm a case of shadow attraction at its finest, all in all. The guys I can think who have been attracted to me are pretty much all either xNTJ or xSFP.

·
Banned
998 Posts
This is something I've been pondering about a lot as of late actually. I have noticed that the people who I am better friends with are mostly ENTJ. Yet, ENTJ is only 4% of the population and generally kind of hard to find in a group of people. ESTPs, on the other hand, comprise of about 11% of the general population and ESTJs about 13%, yet I have more ENTJ friends than ESTP and ESTJ combined. In fact I can't even think of that many sensors who I routinely even talk to.

ENTxs are my preferred company and I theirs.

Now that I think of it, I'm not even friends with any ENTPs. I think we're all mostly too attention seeking and not attention giving, which is possibly why we don't necessarily become friends with our own type. This would be an interesting topic for a new thread.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Do you also attract younger/seem younger than you are? Perhaps due to some form of innocence perhaps. I have noticed that most IRL ENTPs I have met (not many, unfortunately) have this naivete. The child inside, peeping out. Anyone else relate to this? Or is it pure genetic lottery?

As to type: I am into NFs and NT. "Most" (as if there is a crowd) that approach me are ESFPs. Or PRETEND to be: I have noticed that a few younger ones are hidden NFs, pretending to be dumb blondes... They are very relieved when I blow their cover. And thankful. It doesnt happen too often since I dont go out as much as I did a decade ago. Nowadays I never pick anyone up in clubs so I never even try to type drunk people at bars.

EDITED due to off topic.... and it was easy to read it "wrong"..

·
Registered
821 Posts
I've gotten interest from pretty much every type. The ones who don't run away screaming when they get to know me are ENTPs, INTPs, ISTPs, ESTPs, ISFPs...pretty much all the P's.

·
Registered
680 Posts
other ENTPs. It seems that male ENTPs must love themselves enough to be attracted to their own kind haha! I swear! I've been pursued by three male ENTPs just in the past few years. I don't even give these relationships a chance because I know (especially now, from experience) that two Ps in a relationship tires me out. I like me some Js (not all of them, though).

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
NT's and NF's. Just about all of my friends are one or the other.

SP's think I might be one of them until they realize I'm rationalizing everything. That throws them for a loop.

SJ's don't trust me at all and avoid me.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
from who I was aware of: ISFX, ESFJ... so, I guess the SFs. The bad news is, I'm not all attracted to them.
I just get really annoyed. Especially the clingy ones. I'm not a clingy person, hence, i don't need the touchy-feely (S.F.) as much as they do, and it feels like i can't get the gum off my shoe.
Ok, that sounds really harsh, but at the extreme, that's the best way to describe it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
To be honest, all types can be attracted to all types based on physical short term needs. So the question you're asking doesn't make much sense considering that attraction is like the water or wind as it keeps changing.

I do notice that I get along with P's and can be myself. With J's I kinda have to shape up or walk a straight line.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts