Personality Cafe banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
This is kind of hard as I don't know anyone my age who is into MBTI, nor could I convince myself what I type a crush in said type. I guess an extrovert would be more realistic, as I am shy and extremley introverted, which butchers my chance of approaching a girl. Oh and small talk is pretty weak. But if an introvert approaches me, I'd talk regardless.

I think a feeler would be more ideal for me, as I'm very sensitive to criticism, although I'm not looking for a feeler necessarily just someone who can objectively criticise me without being a dick about it. In terms of iNtunition/Sensor and Perciever/Judger, I don't mind either but a balance would be better, I don't think I could operate under a cynical judger.

Overall in types I am open to any. :happy:. Physically, my tastes are very sparse, I don't have a set features which I find especially attractive. If I think you're hot, you are - I only mention this because I think I saw it somewhere else in the thread =S

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
The first time I met another INFP was approximately 3 years ago, and we have been great friends ever since. Although we give each other space, we can sometimes talk for 8 hours straight (i.e. time flies, because we have so much fun). For the first time in my life, I do not feel lonely anymore, because I FINALLY have an INFP girlfriend. I have a gut feeling that if I met an INFP male, I would most likely end up falling in love with him. I honestly wish there were INFP meetings in every city and town around the world, because it is so difficult to meet other INFPs. I am so happy that I joined Personality Cafe, so I can finally communicate with other INFPs. In general, I love spending time with INFPs, ENFPs, ISFPs, ESFPs, and INFJs the most.
Interesting. I'm kind of stuck in a best friend, not really boyfriend and girlfriend limbo with someone who turned out to be another INFP. She is one of the most incredible people I've ever met. We both have expressed mutual feelings for each other but, She claims to be committed to someone else and I really want to, and have been exploring other options. She has ruined other women for me though!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
First, I love me some INTPs.

And coming in second, I would say ISTP.

And third, INTJ.

To me, the INTP type just seems dreamy and endearing, exactly what I go for. Of course, I'm stereotyping and I'm sure there are ones I would not like, as well as other types I could easily like as much. But all in all, I love the image of the INTP. That absentminded genius type. Forgetting to wear his shoes outside, getting poison ivy and not caring at all because he got to watch a meteor shower. That kinda attitude. I love an intelligent man who can teach me things. I never want to be with a man who is less intelligent than me because I would rather learn than teach. Also, I love a man who competes against himself and no one else. He doesn't give a crap if someone else has impressive badges or whatever. Authority and pomp mean nothing to him. He does things for himself and if no one finds the buried treasures within his mind, he doesn't care. At least he knows they're there, and that's what matters. And the loyalty and open mindedness of an INTP are also admirable and desirable. Always willing to try something new but not willing to be an outright jerk to anyone. Respectful, carefree and mysterious. A winning combo!
You'd rather learn than teach in a relationship? Why not have the best of both worlds?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
oh I love a person who is modest and has a warm and caring heart:) somebody who puts other people first and always gives their all in whatever they do. oh and basically does what is right because it is right rather than doing something only for what they can get out of it. plus a person who likes a person for who they are as a person rather then for something superficial like image and appearance. Sooo ill go with the feelers and dreamers:)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi @InternalWonderous. There is something profound about a relationship between 2 INFPs. Both genuinely care about the other's feelings, needs, likes, loves, issues, etc., etc., etc. Both also truly feel heard and respected by the other. In essence, INFPs speak the same language, so to speak. The part of me that loves happy endings hopes your best friend figures out that her chance for true happiness is with you (another INFP), so you can both be happy. Only time will tell. The best thing that all of us can do is to be our true selves and attract the person to us for who we truly are and then enjoy an authentic relationship with them. If you continue doing this, then who knows, maybe your best friend may change her mind and commit herself to you instead. I sincerely wish you perfect happiness, love, peace, and joy. :)

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Hi @InternalWonderous. There is something profound about a relationship between 2 INFPs. Both genuinely care about the other's feelings, needs, likes, loves, issues, etc., etc., etc. Both also truly feel heard and respected by the other. In essence, INFPs speak the same language, so to speak. The part of me that loves happy endings hopes your best friend figures out that her chance for true happiness is with you (another INFP), so you can both be happy. Only time will tell. The best thing that all of us can do is to be our true selves and attract the person to us for who we truly are and then enjoy an authentic relationship with them. If you continue doing this, then who knows, maybe your best friend may change her mind and commit herself to you instead. I sincerely wish you perfect happiness, love, peace, and joy. :)
Thank you so much. That made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :kitteh: I wish you the same.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
oh I love a person who is modest and has a warm and caring heart:) somebody who puts other people first and always gives their all in whatever they do. oh and basically does what is right because it is right rather than doing something only for what they can get out of it. plus a person who likes a person for who they are as a person rather then for something superficial like image and appearance. Sooo ill go with the feelers and dreamers:)
Good answer. I believe anyone is capable of being this way, regardless of type (because human beings are not limited to their type, because we are not machines, yadda yadda yadda). What you just described is a well rounded, healthy individual. This is also what I look for in a relationship.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
INTP, INTJ, INFP.

I find kind, idealistic, thinking women very attractive.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Option 1- I want a woman who is dead-set on getting something. I have never managed to completely immerse myself in one goal of my choosing so I have always wanted to be in relationship with one who has. I will then take the role of her black knight.

Option 2- I end up losing in a game of my choosing. Queue the start of feud which develops into a relationship of near constant fun conflict( warning: might destroy the world as the conflict escalates)

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #54

·
Banned
17,148 Posts
People who i deem to be mentally healthy. I can enjoy a bubbly positive person, a harsh straight talking person, a quiet observationalist. I dislike cynics, people without sincerity, think being honest means crushing people with "brutal honesty".

A person who's nice and feel comfortable having a conversation with is a good start.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
I'm beginning to realize I'm extremely attracted to other NFs...particularly other INFPs. I just feel a deeper connection with them.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I actually don't know too much about the other types. If I were to guess, I would say INFP, ENFP, INFJ, or ENFJ? I think out of those though, ENFJ seems most appealing. Extroverted people are usually easier to notice because they make themselves known. NF because I warm, kind, and understanding people. The FJs because I'm drawn toward extroverted feeling. I like how extroverted feelers are so animated with their body language and facial expressions. I think that helps to put me at ease and become comfortable with people. I have other NFPs because I don't think I've ever met anyone that I have a significant amount of things in common with so I think we'd be more likely to connect at a deeper level. I think maybe possibly SJs too because I think artsy people are pretty cool in their own right. I don't think any of the MBTI type descriptions say anything about humor. Humor is very important to me. I would like a potential girlfriend to be able to laugh at my jokes and make me laugh also, better yet, we need to be able to laugh together at the same things.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I just love ENTPs. I'm pretty easily swayed by the ENFP charm too. :p But some of the people I have een instantly magnetised towards were INFP boys - they are so rare and they're just right for me! :) I must say, though, that ENTPs are high on my crush-list. I think they have the best sense of humour and as long as they're not being outright mean they're a riot.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have observed that romantically I'm drawn to xxTPs and xNFJs. I generally avoid men with a strong feeling preference, especially fellow Fis because I find them emotionally manipulative, they try to force their value system on mine and I can't stand that. Thinkers with a low feeling preference don't even bother. I'm charmed by their aloofness, honesty and intellectual confidence. I get the impression that I will never posess them completely and I find that exciting.
The only problem with them is that I always get dumped first :p

41 - 60 of 83 Posts