Personality Cafe banner

What Personality Types have you NEVER met to date?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Curious to see how rare is rare and how common is common.

EDIT: If for some reason, you can't possibly remember every single person you've ever met before *rolls eyes* - then what I am trying to get at is: What Personality Types have you never "connected" or "interacted with" or "befriended" or *Insert interaction synonym*, with in your adult life etc.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
There are people I suspect being those types I voted for. But I'm absolutely unsure about it. They might as well be something else.

·
Maid of Time
549 sx/sp
14,749 Posts
As a side note, I think depending on culture that genders within types might "look a bit different too."

(An ISFJ female in western culture seems pretty obvious, but you don't often see a male. He's going to look a bit different. Good example of one is probably LaBoeuf in True Grit.)

EDIT: Darn. Actually, I suspect I did meet a male ENTJ a few months ago, on a first casual date. It was quite the experience. (For one, our definition of "casual" seemed to be a LOT different!)

Reactions: Minesweeper Queen

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Oh my..this is a really silly question, or perhaps a good question with the wrong assumption: that people can remember who they have met in their life. You should have asked which types you can remember in that case. Although that is wrong since you may remember one type more than the other..

Say you meet 1 new person per week, which is 52 per year and say 500 in 10 years. To be honest i think that number is more than that..but anyways say one type is represented by 1%, the chance of not meeting that type is then still very small. the chance being about 20%, or 1 out of 5.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Strange I know more introverts...
If you really live where you claim you do - which I think seems highly unlikely :wink: - what you said would be explained by this fact. :crazy:
But seriously: I have read somewhere that introverts are the slight majority - about 50-something %. But ofcourse, I've also heard that in "Amurrica" ;P there are 3/4 extroverts...no idea what's more true. :wink:

Reactions: Fleetfoot

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
If you really live where you claim you do - which I think seems highly unlikely :wink: - what you said would be explained by this fact. :crazy:
But seriously: I have read somewhere that introverts are the slight majority - about 50-something %. But ofcourse, I've also heard that in "Amurrica" ;P there are 3/4 extroverts...no idea what's more true. :wink:
It's hard to tell, because they can only get statistics of so many people, and not necessarily everyone, so it's only just an estimate. I think the 3/4ths is a bit extreme imo, it could be that 1/4 of them are introverted extraverts. I can see 60/40 though.

I think they say the same thing about T vs. F and gender...something like 70% of wimmenz are F...I'm not so sure about that.

And...I do live there. Confound these introverts.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
ENTJ is the only type I haven't met yet.
I think I've had (at least) two or three teachers who were ENTJ. They were the ones who were rather self-confident/-assured but most people didn't get what they were trying to tell us (because of their Ni)...I did understand them, ofcourse...because of my Ni... ;P

·
Registered
17,829 Posts
It would be nice to meet an ISFJ, or ENFJ IRL ... I haven't met either types before but from descriptions, healthy versions of those types sound very appealing.

That said, I find myself surprisingly attracted to ENFP's and ENTP's in general. Also, I had considered asking an ESTJ out for a date / long-term relationship quite seriously before I realized that she a very unhealthy version of her type - and we got into a huge fight over a facebook status update of all things.

·
Registered
65 Posts
ENTJs are difficult to find I suppose... they're the only type I haven't met.

Reactions: Minesweeper Queen

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
I was about to say INTJ, but I know a few guys from school (who I don't really talk to) who are. Don't think I've met a female INTJ though.

I'm actually REALLY surprised that ENTJ came up the most. o_O

·
Registered
891 Posts
Say you meet 1 new person per week, which is 52 per year and say 500 in 10 years. To be honest i think that number is more than that..but anyways say one type is represented by 1%, the chance of not meeting that type is then still very small. the chance being about 20%, or 1 out of 5.
I love your math dude :) Hope no INTP will pick on you :)

·
Registered
2,202 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
At first, I thought the question was asking which type I haven't met for the specific purpose of getting into a relationship with. I was just about to go off on a rant, but looking at the replies, now I feel stupid.

I still haven't met an INFJ.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
I'm sure I have probably met some in my lifetime, but I cannot think of a single INTP or ISTP in my life right now.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I've never met an INTJ, INTP, INFJ, or ENTJ. Or at least I don't think I have...

I was about to say ENTP too, but then I remembered my insane science teacher from high school... He had some pretty crazy Ne going on and would go off on the most random tangents ever... like how to properly stab someone. It was pretty awesome. :laughing:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts