Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Banned
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What personality types tend to "google" compulsively? Types that search nonstop.

What are the personality types that use search engines in a compulsive continuous manner?
Types that search obsessively?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am an ENFP an i use Google & youtube alot...

I even use Google as a dictionary. By appending any word with "define:" prefix. For which i can use any other dictionary as well. But for some reason i don't.

May be its because of the convenience of working in the same window. i.e. multi tabs. It frees from searching for the dictionary on my hard disk, waiting for it to load and then type the word for knowing its meaning.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I think just about everybody uses Google a lot.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
I'll say it's quite a convenient thing to be able to just look up something whenever I want to. I used to use an encyclopaedia set for that since I was a kid, but this net searches are much quicker :)

Reactions: Thalassa

·
Banned
3,145 Posts
I do that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I use Google and Wikipedia a lot. Also thefreedictionary.com ( it has hangman! ;-) ) If I don't know something, I automatically search for it.

·
MOTM June 2011
6,992 Posts
Is this just nonsense searching like music videos or celebrity gossip garbage? I use search engines to learn more about things for fun. I enjoy knowing the nutritional facts of random foods and even about the accuracy of some movies, etc that are "based on a true story". I'm just thinking of random examples.

I just enjoy learning, if that's what this is about, that's not type related.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
google; yeah i've heard of it.

Reactions: LotusBlossom

·
Registered
41 Posts
I google so much that when I'm trying to think I google definitions of words I already know just for insight. and a lot of other things in that sort. ≧◔◡◔≦

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
I Google constantly, I think it's the most amazing thing on Earth next to YouTube.

I know an ISTJ who is really snarky about telling people they need to Google things instead of asking him, and he also really loves You Tube.

So let's just say any reasonably intelligent and curious person who hangs out on the Internet.

Maybe the difference lies in *what* they Google, not *if* they Google.

·
Banned
3,145 Posts
Reactions: firedell

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Oh god.

Yesterday I somehow managed to go from searching information on a dog shampoo for my Chow Chow to searching about bioterrorism threats.

In the span of 10 minutes.

o_o

How it went, according to my search history:

"Isle of Dogs Coarse Coat Shampoo"
"shampooing very fluffy dogs"
"why chows fluffy"
"fluffy dogs disease risks"
"ticks in dogs risk"
"dogs bubonic plague flies"
"bubonic plague still exist"
"where plague exists"
"eradicated diseases labs"
"disgruntled scientists release diseases"
"bioterrorism who"
"bioterrorism where"
"likelihood bioterrorism plague"
"latest bioterrorism"
"worst diseases most painful"
"which diseases most disfiguring"
"bubonic plague religion"
"god punish with diseases"
"god not actually merciful"
"jealous god"
"christian god selfish"

....well. It was worse than I thought. o_O

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
If you don't know something just google it :\. I usually add what I want to know and Wikipedia next to it.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts