Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What pisses off INFPs?

It's really freeing to express this, especially knowing that there are lots of others that feel exactly the same way as you. I searched for this thread but I cannot find it. Some of us don't get the chance to find out what pisses you off because you forgive others before you express it. What exactly are these values that we trample? What are the little things in everyday life that drive you crazy?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I hate it when people make false assumptions about me, my thoughts/feelings, my motivations, whatever.

It frustrates me when I'm not in the best mood and people try to solve my problems for me right away or expect me to open up to them emotionally before I've really had a chance to sort through everything myself.

I don't like having to repeat myself because the person I'm talking to isn't listening well.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Misogynists irk me to no end. I'll usually end up defending the lady whether it be a friend, girlfriend, stranger, or even mother. I truly believe women grow up in another world that I will never fully comprehend, but there are a lot of things in that world that can be both depressing and draining. With that in mind, I'm a little extra gentle and I hold doors, not because it's a social norm of sorts, but because I just want to make life a little easier.

AND ANOTHER THING! :)D)
I think that since I'm a hard read (I'm really not, you just have to pay attention) that people are a bit scared of that unknown so they make baseless judgements to gain some sort of comfort that they have someone figured out. I have honestly, at times, heard the weirdest and most random comments. One day my brother told everyone that I was dating a Japanese girl (from Japan) that I met online. What?!?

Short list of things that really tick me off,
- people that are persistently bothersome, I don't mind doing something for somebody, but lump it all up so it's not lots of little things.
- I hate having things on my mind and waiting. Ie: Step dad asks me to mow the lawn later, but I have to wait for him to fix it. Because of that I end up dicking around and commit to nothing else. Then he ends up not getting around to it. Why'd you ask me in the first place?

I could go on forever.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I hate it when people make false assumptions about me, my thoughts/feelings, my motivations, whatever.

It frustrates me when I'm not in the best mood and people try to solve my problems for me right away or expect me to open up to them emotionally before I've really had a chance to sort through everything myself.

I don't like having to repeat myself because the person I'm talking to isn't listening well.
Agreed, i also get annoyed when people keep nagging about things, knowing exactly what they are going to say when the first word comes out, i say "stop", they continue.

I judge myself a lot, especially concerning things where i let other down/disappoint others, i already know what is wrong, i'm trying to fix it, but i do not know how..

Shallow, hypocritical (yes, i can be that), arrogant (that aswell) people make my blood boil, manipulative(Might be that those are things i see in myself, and therefore despise), i think i also have a problem with people with a strong J preference, seeing as i know what they feel/think, and that they really need that structure, which i lack, i therefore judge myself even harder. Of course, i'm would say i'm still learning, so much to understand.

·
Registered
444 Posts
-messing/bullying/being mean to one of my close friends
-taking advantage of my nature to help anyone and everyone
-being inconsiderate of others...that really gets me going
-people who judge me or others I care about
-peeps who are full of themselves. and flaunt it.

and others a well, but those are the biggies that came to mind

·
Registered
299 Posts
-messing/bullying/being mean to one of my close friends
-taking advantage of my nature to help anyone and everyone
-being inconsiderate of others...that really gets me going
-people who judge me or others I care about
-peeps who are full of themselves. and flaunt it.

and others a well, but those are the biggies that came to mind

God yes! If anyone, damn it anyone. TOUCHES someone i care of, be it a friend or love object. RAGE, as in totally red.

Which reminded me of a school memory, some douche spit me in the face, for no reason. I don't remember what happened afterwards.. I do remember a certain warmth though, not in the usual 'kind' sense though.

Reactions: TaylorS

·
Registered
27 Posts
the only thing that really ticks me off is animal (by 'animal' I mean anything alive.) cruelty. the operative word here being 'really.' In middle school I kicked a girl for killing a mushroom, odds are she deserved it. :mellow: And she didn't even have a reason for doing it, she was just being sadistic. :frustrating:

Reactions: TaylorS and Dupree

·
Registered
112 Posts
People who are too caught up to see... it manifests in a bunch of different ways, but that's really what gets me. Folks who make a choice not to observe what's around them.

examples:
jumping to conclusions about what goes on in someone else's head.
taking sides in an issue where only a tiny fraction of what's involved is known.
reacting (often violently, what's up with that?) to an event that was just barely perceived, nevermind understood.
paying more attention to a phone conversation than the people in traffic who's lives are in danger.
making cold logical business decisions without stopping to see what the people involved feel.
ignoring cues from people about the things that bother them.

etc.etc.

JUST PAY ATTENTION FOR %#(&*@% SAKE!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Selfishness, and indifference.

I hate people who can't turn the silly/joking/poking fun of other people off. I mean shut it off from time to time. People can't take being the butt of a joke 24/7

I hate manipulativeness. Please don't take advantage of my giving nature just because you can for your own benefit or the benefit of someone else.

I may be quiet and easy going but I can think for myself so don't order me around and tell me what I feel or think, I don't need anyone to tell me who I am or what I feel.

4,757 Posts
- People going after my close friends. I get so pissed off, especially when I feel like they're being misunderstood or been judged for superficial reason grrrrrrrr

- People being unnecessarily overprotective/thinking that they know what's best for me when they have no right to make those assumptions - i.e. when they don't know me that or they've misjudged my character or when they're projecting. Just stop, please.

- A lack of respect for other people

- A whole bunch of things like all forms of stupid, irrational prejudice. Social conservatives. Horrible things happening in the world --- all these things make me angry as hell as well as sad (in some cases).

etc

A lot of my Fi is manifested in anger, so this is a potentially huge list. In fact, that's how I realized I was dominant Fi because I get so angry at things (don't worry, I feel like it's healthy rage as opposed to anger management type rage).

·
Banned
605 Posts
jumping to conclusions about what goes on in someone else's head.
Yes, this is VERY annoying, especially since they almost always assume something "bad".

making cold logical business decisions without stopping to see what the people involved feel.
ignoring cues from people about the things that bother them.
Ummm.. These are probably not intentional most of the time. A person isn't ignoring something they don't recognize/see in the first place. That's where you feelers come in. If you notice someone does that often, let them know what they missed after the other people are gone. Hopefully they'll learn from it and do better next time.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
- When someone makes an irrational judgement, and bases assumptions on it.
- When people exhibit ignance as a way of defending themselves when they set me off about anything else.
- When people try to lure me into a false sense of security, and (furthermore) fail in doing so.
- When someone walks away from me when I'm speaking to them about a problem.
- Hurting someone close would start a fire.
- Someone who uses me for their own selfish gain, with or without consent or even a thank you.

I will not risk anger in the face of text.

Reactions: TaylorS

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
- When people who make assumptions (and even worse, false assumptions) about me.....
- When others use me (and even worse, dump me after they're done)..
- (Worst) When other people try to "help" me solve my "problems" for me thinking they're making things easier but rather things are only getting worse for me....

There are plenty amore, but I stop myself here else I might go on forever.....

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I hate people who can't turn the silly/joking/poking fun of other people off. I mean shut it off from time to time. People can't take being the butt of a joke 24/7
I joke with people a lot, but I don't generally look at those as personal attacks.

I'm pretty sure I've inadvertently pissed off an INFP :mellow:

1 - 20 of 143 Posts