Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 9921 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I may be jumping the bandwagon of "piss off" threads, but I'm alright with that.

INTJ's, what pisses you off? What irks you?

Everyone else, what do you say upsets the INTJ?

I'll start:
Everything. I can piss and moan under any circumstance; but it's this that leads to improvement.
Hmmmm, more specific.... When people can't follow simple cause and effect.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
The use of Logical fallacies. Not just in argument, but when they are used in general conversation.
This and dishonest tricks in an argument. Which can be seen in most media as well as conversation.
For further information on these see: Straight and Crooked Thinking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here are just a few fallacies:
1. Ad hominem: Attacking the character of the person forwarding an argument.
2. Ad populum: Making an argument based on popular viewpoints, which does not verify it aas correct.
3. Anecdotal evidence: Use of special cases to contradict an argument based on statistical evidence.
4. Appeal to authority: Argument or suggestion claiming validity due to an expert or authorities approval/agreement.
5. Appeal to ignorance: Suggesting that due to a lack of evidence for or against a case, then the case must be false.
6. Biased Evidence: Backing only one's own opinion without investigating around the topic.
7. Repetition: Stating things in repetition does not validify a statement.
8. Straw man arguments: Misrepresenting a position, so as to create a debating point that detracts from the main topic.

·
Banned
2,106 Posts
God DAMN. No wonder not many INTJs are Religious.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A requirement for clear, logical discussions, and explanations should not suggest that INTJs have no room for religion.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
A requirement for clear, logical discussions, and explanations should not suggest that INTJs have no room for religion.
Or NTs for that reason.

·
Banned
2,106 Posts
L Ron Hubbard was an ENTP and HE had room for religion. Sure it was a religion based on ripping people off and scamming them into being cult members under a corporate and religious farce... But what ENTP doesn't design a religion like that?

·
Registered
871 Posts
4. Appeal to authority: Argument or suggestion claiming validity due to an expert or authorities approval/agreement.

^ badly hurts most religious arguments ^

5. Appeal to ignorance: Suggesting that due to a lack of evidence for or against a case, then the case must be false.

^ badly hurts most atheistic arguments ^

1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8

^ applies to both pretty equally ^

....what's your point, shai?

·
Banned
2,106 Posts
you saw the other ones too?

·
Banned
2,106 Posts

^ badly hurts most religious arguments ^

^ badly hurts most atheistic arguments ^

1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8

^ applies to both pretty equally ^

....what's your point, shai?
my point was that not ALL NTs disregard religion.

·
Banned
2,106 Posts
no wukkas mate

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
When he is not able to define the social situation he is in. Because then he's not able to choose the right action.
Hecks yes. It seems to come too easy to most people.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I think I could make an INTJ upset by burning all of his books, putting him in a room full of really annoying extraverts with IQs under 80, and by being the person in charge of his actions so that he is forced to behave without the usual amount of structure and planning. Then I would proceed to go about things in an incompetent way that is inefficient and doesn't make any logical sense and demand that he do the same. I'm just guessing, though. I don't know many of them in real life.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
Well, I wouldn't actually do anything that sadistic. I was just saying that if I wanted to turn an INTJ homicidal, that's what I'd do.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not my books!!! Not Extroverts!!! GAAA Woman. Don't make me visualize such horrors :shocked:

I'll tell you what else pisses me off: the marks the goggles make on your face after Lab. Anybody that can recommend a good pair of Chemistry goggles?

1 - 20 of 9921 Posts