Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Wow, this is going to be a long thread. I'll get back to you when I can put all the things into only two paragraphs.

Just Kidding.

Reactions: Grey

·
Banned
2,106 Posts
I'm taking this time off between wanks to answer this question that had an answer a long time coming.

Stupidity. You're not all the legendary chaotic heroes you think you are. You're pawns of society and you maintain a sheep mentality towards anything with the slightest bit of thrill. Just because you tinkered with your car a little and now it makes more noise than it used to, does NOT make you a legend or a master mechanic. It makes you an idiot that made a noisy car that I just destroyed with the thermite I MADE in my bedroom and lit on top of your chassis. How dare you disturb my sleep. I am the brilliant master of chaos not you.

Just because your constant answer to everything is physical, does not mean a physical altercation is the answer to every dispute between people. Your ENFP girlfriend saved more than you know when she stopped you from punching me. I've audited many biology classes at university here in darwin, down in brisbane and a few in my aunt classes at UNSW. I can end you within a few seconds. Honour means nothing to me. Stop pretending you're a street fighter, you'll only get hurt.

Your jokes are not very amusing they're old and pathetic. If you want to say that you tell insensitive jokes and have a dark sense of humour, stop shying away from my child rape jokes.

·
Premium Member
10,523 Posts
haha mcgooglian! It seems like your asking for it. :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Reactions: Grey

·
Registered
871 Posts
The high energy and need to always be doing something. I only know one ISTP, but he's pretty impatient and needs to get up and do stuff and be entertained constantly. It's definitely not a big deal or anything, but it can get kinda annoying when he goes out to a party at someone's house, gets there, waits like 5 minutes, and says "I've gotta go out and get something to eat!" He then leaves, brings 3 or 4 people with him, comes back, waits another 45 minutes or so, and goes "let's go out and take a walk!'

He's a very E-like I though, in my opinion.

oh.... and if you count Oni (who was one of the ISTPs on here a while back)... well... see the "Soul" thread in the debate forum for examples. I'm not entirely convinced he was an ISTP, just because Ti couldn't possibly be that unreasonable.

·
Registered
675 Posts
The high energy and need to always be doing something. I only know one ISTP, but he's pretty impatient and needs to get up and do stuff and be entertained constantly. It's definitely not a big deal or anything, but it can get kinda annoying when he goes out to a party at someone's house, gets there, waits like 5 minutes, and says "I've gotta go out and get something to eat!" He then leaves, brings 3 or 4 people with him, comes back, waits another 45 minutes or so, and goes "let's go out and take a walk!'
That's definitely me in a nutshell. :dry: Sometimes it's hard to grasp that anyone would want to stay still. i can't even stay seated for movies.

·
Registered
871 Posts
oh wow... I actually remember typing that, and when I read your quote of me thought "that's not what I said..." just because it wasn't what I was thinking. lol

haha my bad... what I meant to say was "I'm not entirely convinced he was an ISTP, but just because I don't want to believe that Ti could possibly be that unreasonable."

I have no idea why it came out like I typed it.

·
Banned
2,106 Posts
not "Immature in his thinking" or "an Unhealthy XXXX", simply does not think the same as you, or does not hold the same values.

Reactions: SilentScream

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That sounds like me except I'm capable of just sitting back and relaxing (though i usually need to be listening to music & playing Game Boy/reading at the same time, I can't just sit back and do nothing). Even then, I move on to something else fairly quickly, whether it's throwing stuff in the hallway, scaring people, or just wandering the halls.

·
Wizard
3,135 Posts
not "Immature in his thinking" or "an Unhealthy XXXX", simply does not think the same as you, or does not hold the same values.
I'm completely comfortable with the fact that he thought differently from me, but at the same time, I realize how holed up in one's own line of thinking an adolescent IxTP can get. I've been there myself and I've seen it in others since. He literally couldn't see any merit in anything someone said if it wasn't in keeping with his own line of thinking regardless of how skewed it may or may not have been. Essentially, it was a case of Ti overdrive without enough use of a perceiving function to consider alternate possibilities in a remotely unbiased fashion.

That was why I dissected the thread in question and (I assume was why) Neph followed a similar course in his objectivism thread.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I would basically summarize the conversation that took place in that thread like this:

Oni: What are your beliefs on a soul? I personally do not believe in one.

Everyone else: I (do/don't) believe in one.

O: what makes you think that we have one?

EE: Well... X, Y, Z.

O: X, Y, Z are products of [something else, also left vaguely defined. A "mind," for example], why add a soul into it?

EE: Fine then, what do you define a soul as?

O: This isn't up to me to define.

How are you to argue about concepts if you don't both define your terms? What he might pass of as a "mind," someone else could call a soul--yet he argues as if his equally mystical, nonphysical term explains all the functions that someone else's defined term does, and then tells them what they're affirming doesn't exist because "there's no need to add something extra when its functions are explained elsewhere." It has nothing to do with "thinking differently" or "holding different values"--it's just an immature and profitless way of arguing.

so.... inasmuch as other ISTPs think and argue like that, that would definitely be what bugs me most about them. On the whole tho (judging from type profiles, since they probably apply in a more general sense than to that one individual), I think the restlessness is the only thing.

·
Banned
2,106 Posts
Immature in his Rational Thinking certainly. But an ISTP is not a Rational Thinker. Their thinking takes a different form.

1 - 20 of 139 Posts