Personality Cafe banner

121 - 140 of 145 Posts

·
Banned
745 Posts
If I said this prior....I am reiterating...
This just made me snicker. Apparently I'm not the only one who doesn't remember what she said before.

I've caught myself saying something in a thread that's almost identical to what I said in that same thread just a page or two prior. LOL Yes, we do live in the moment.

I feel like I've finally found my peeps!

·
Banned
745 Posts
Okay, my last post made me think of a peeve. I get annoyed by people who hold to their memories of me in the past and keep saying things to me like, "I remember when you were into _____________ and used to do such and such" as if I haven't changed and am still into _____________ and still doing such and such. I'm thinking "Can't you see that I've clearly moved on from that and am doing _____________ now?" My brother is notorious for this. I hate being reminded of what I used to do because in my mind it's so passe.

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
^ Same thing happened to me recently. I changed my views on Trump in light of his latest policies and acts (that are pretty glaringly leftist) and apparently criticizing him for it has had me labeled a "turncoat". No dude, if you can't change your mind and are a blind, loyal supporter of someone you have obviously stopped paying attention to all the new information that's coming out.

If you can't change your mind about things, find new interests and hobbies, move on from certain relationships etc, stop projecting yourself onto others who can. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
745 Posts
^ Same thing happened to me recently. I changed my views on Trump in light of his latest policies and acts (that are pretty glaringly leftist) and apparently criticizing him for it has had me labeled a "turncoat". No dude, if you can't change your mind and are a blind, loyal supporter of someone you have obviously stopped paying attention to all the new information that's coming out.

If you can't change your mind about things, find new interests and hobbies, move on from certain relationships etc, stop projecting yourself onto others who can. :rolleyes:
Yeah, it's like they expect you to stay the same, have the same interests, views, and activities for time and eternity. And then they come across as scolding and/or judging if you've made the autonomous choice to change your hobbies, interests, activities, whatnot. Blech! :frustrating:

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
People who consistently manage to misinterpret even the most straightforward statements. It's always the same people who do this too. Neither myself, or anyone else I know get off on putting cryptic clues into two sentences, and yet some of these guys try to analyze unambiguous statements like an English professor would Paradise Lost.

I used to know someone who I would have to cater to about that, and have to repeat my main point twice, or clarify that I don't mean any of the bizarre things I thought they might try to read into it. Never worked though, they still always managed it.

One time I was in a shit mood, they made a joke that I didn't think was funny, and asked if they could lay off the black humor around me for a while. Somehow they read this as me threatening suicide, and I was just thinking "?????????????????????????????" because not only was it a reach, but it was a reach that I went out of my way to try and prevent, to make sure that wasn't what they got out of what I'd said. Other people had this problem with them as well.

·
Banned
745 Posts
People who consistently manage to misinterpret even the most straightforward statements. It's always the same people who do this too. Neither myself, or anyone else I know get off on putting cryptic clues into two sentences, and yet some of these guys try to analyze unambiguous statements like an English professor would Paradise Lost.

I used to know someone who I would have to cater to about that, and have to repeat my main point twice, or clarify that I don't mean any of the bizarre things I thought they might try to read into it. Never worked though, they still always managed it.

One time I was in a shit mood, they made a joke that I didn't think was funny, and asked if they could lay off the black humor around me for a while. Somehow they read this as me threatening suicide, and I was just thinking "?????????????????????????????" because not only was it a reach, but it was a reach that I went out of my way to try and prevent, to make sure that wasn't what they got out of what I'd said. Other people had this problem with them as well.
Yeah, I experience this communication problem with the intuitive types, especially the ones who use Ni as a dominant. I mean no disrespect to those types, but trying to get them to listen to what I am actually saying is a futile effort. They're always going to look for the hidden meaning behind the words, even when there is no hidden meaning. I'm not afraid to speak my mind. It's when I've been on the receiving end of all of these misunderstandings that I'll just stop talking. What's the point if they're not going to hear my actual words anyhow? Total waste of time.

121 - 140 of 145 Posts