Personality Cafe banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
...hm... well i don't socialize much because i feel like most people are disposable( with the exception of family) and I rarely make any time for any of my friends... but when I did "belong to groups" (high school and a few years following high school) I was the laid back one who never really took anything seriously... ready to try anything at least once... peacemaker.... I hate it when people follow me because im not sure if my decisions are right and I hate to be led because people act like fucking idiots 90% of the time:)

p.s Im suprised to hear I's saying they are leaders... I thought it was the E's who were prone to control.

·
Registered
818 Posts
The rational or leader

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'd rather be like the "2nd person in control' or that sort.
Leading people is not my thing, yet being 2nd in command give me enough authority to make sure people do what they're suppose to do. On the other hand, it gave me enough wiggle room for my self.

And yes, once i got serious about something, that specific stuff will be the only thing on my mind. :)

·
MOTM June 2011
6,992 Posts
Within friends, I take over the leader role without much trouble. Most of the people don't care to lead, it's natural. I do have one friend that challenges me but I don't put up with it. NOTE: My friend purposely riles me, he likes to control people. He ruins the mood a lot.

Within team situations, I also have a leading role and will volunteer myself to do the things most won't. It often leaves me with most of the work, but I don't mind. I think it's fun.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I was the person in my group who eveyone would come to for advice I dnt know y it made me super uncomfortable :mellow: and I was also the one my group would followeverywhere although I had no clue until I asked and they would reply "we are following you!!!!:tongue:

·
Registered
683 Posts
You guys might not know this, but I consider myself a bit of a loner. I tend to think of myself as a one-man wolf pack. But when my sister brought Doug home, I knew he was one of my own. And my wolf pack... it grew by one. So there... there were two of us in the wolf pack... I was alone first in the pack, and then Doug joined in later. And six months ago, when Doug introduced me to you guys, I thought, "Wait a second, could it be?" And now I know for sure, I just added two more guys to my wolf pack. Four of us wolves, running around the desert together, in Las Vegas, looking for strippers and cocaine. So tonight, I make a toast!

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Growing up, I was the youngest in my family and in my neighborhood. Even in my classes I was youngest because my birthday is at the end of the year. I pretty much followed everyone and kicked back.

Then in college I ended up becoming a leader as well as in my professional life. I went back to school and I ended up being older and the person people went to for advice and support. My current circle of friends, most of them are a great deal younger. I'm the one that is encourages my friends to try something new or go against the flow. It is also expected of me to say the outrageous things during social gatherings and freely give out the sexual advice.

However, I still let my other friends plan the parties. I am more of the idea person. :tongue: But honestly, every where else in my life I'm a director or teacher, so I like to "let go" and be the silly one while my friends are on "yard duty".

4,757 Posts
I don't ever think about the power dynamics in my group of friends at the moment ... is there even one there? :confused: Maybe I'm just oblivious.

When I was growing up, I was always the spare - you know, the person who didn't have a partner when getting into pairs. I especially the butt of the group when I was in a group of five. They would frequently have a vote at lunchtime to see if they wanted to play with me at lunch. man, those girls were suck jerks to me in many different ways. Too bad I was 'friends' with them for like a decade.

Anyway, all I can say is now that I love when friends are in charge of the logistics. Ahahaha organizing my birthday party was a nightmare because I got to choose for everyone - I prefer to only choose for myself and I don't like to impose on people. My favourite thing is contributing suggestions safe in the knowledge that they will probably be disregarded.

Reactions: Febriarini Roseals
41 - 50 of 50 Posts