Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is open to all types but ...

Some INFPs like to read books.

Do you read your books in a chair? Recliner? On a bed? On the floor? lol.

In a bathtub? On a dock? On a beach?

Yes, strange question but I just read a post that someone has read a ton of books this year and I thought ..... I wonder if they sit in a chair.

I do all my reading in bed. I guess not too good on the heart.

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
15,865 Posts
I'm an avid bed reader. I've been reading in bed since I was a kid. It does not mean I can't read sitting up, it's just cozy to read in bed.

·
Registered
ENFP 2w3 sp/so
1,041 Posts
Describing the exact position is hard but I'll try.
I usually sit on the sofa and recline my back a little, it's very cozy. I'd raise my knees a bit to support the book. When changing my position in between a reading session, I'd sit with both legs on one side (tried to find a word that describes this in English and couldn't, apparently it's called yokozuwari in Japanese).

Sadly I can't read in bed, I'd be drifting to dreamland halfway through the third page.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I usually read the book around where I find it, or move to the nearest out-of-the-way place (I'm not going to read while directly in front of a bookshelf). Other than that it's pretty versatile.

Reactions: GusWriter and Sily

·
Registered
ISTJ; 6 sp/so
74 Posts
If it is a physical copy: In bed, layed on my stomach with the book rested on a pillow.
If it is a digital copy (usually academic books): Still in bed, but sitting with my laptop on my lap.

·
Premium Member
INTJ 5w4 (Sp/Sx) 594
739 Posts
I know when I read, I like to multi-task, as I generally don't enjoy doing something just simply for the sake of enjoying something.
So usually, I like to read over a desk so I can jot down notes, and summarize what I've read. That way, I don't have to read it again lol

This can take place at home at my work-desk, or at the local coffee shop.
Mind you, if it is nice outside, I'll pick a tree and sit by it to read.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I'm not very good at sitting still. You'll find me draping myself over the kitchen table so I can lie on my back and swing my legs underneath. You'll find me hanging over the back of the sofa, butt in the air while reading. Sitting in the empty tub sideways because... I'm not sure why I do this. I fidget. I take up a lot of space while reading.

·
Registered
15,338 Posts
My favorite- probably lying down on my back in my bed . But I’ve read books while waiting at the doctors office , on my porch, in the bathtub - on the couch etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
I usually find myself in bed reading, but if I have the time to do so, I enjoy sitting out on our balcony in our patio chairs to read. Unfortunately that also tends to be weather dependent.

·
Registered
11,384 Posts
i'll read wherever. only places it's really not do-able are in the shower and on a bike.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Wow. I also love to read lying on my back in bed just before sleep. But my wife likes to go to sleep quite a bit earlier so this does not happen as often.
Aside from that I read sitting out on the covered patio on hot days, or on colder days I put a comfy camping chair in the sun to warm me while reading.
I'll pack a book in on a hike and find a comfy place to sit and read out in the woods, or on a mountain.(I actually found a stack of flat granite rocks that formed a comfy chair shape while scrambling to the top of a nearby mountain)
In the winter, I often like to swing our big comfy chair around facing the fireplace and sit and read with my feet by the fire. Dog usually jumps up and cuddles up against me.

·
Registered
My vehicle is INFP, 9w8. Vroom vroom!!
1,626 Posts
I sit with bad, droopy posture somewhere. Normally too engaged to care about lighting or comfort. People say bad things about people's cell phone posture, but my book posture is way worse.

·
Premium Member
15,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Do you have any cool book accessories you'd like to share?

Like a beautiful bookmark?

Or an ornate, decorated, spooky bookcase?

Maybe a "Flippy"?

We have two "Flippy's". One is
pink, one is grey.

We love our Flippys!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts