Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Notice the word qualities. I think that "Most Compatible Type" threads are not as insightful. I am more interested in finding out what qualities Twos are most attracted to in others. What impresses you?

And since this is the Two sub-forum, allow me to offer a preemptive thank you to everyone who will hopefully provide this help. Thank You :happy:

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
I'm normally terrible at describing people and what I like about them, but I'll ago ahead and give this a shot.

They have to be intellectual, but also appreciate art (literary art, especially poetry, are the most appealing, but anything can be good). Respectful to others, even if only outwardly. Willing to stand up for their beliefs, but also capable of understanding another's side of the argument, and of realizing that they may not be able to settle a debate at the end (agreeing to disagree, and all that). Being outwardly affectionate is a strong plus, but not required; the ability and willingness to express affection when needed (when I'm feeling insecure, or what have you) is required, though.

Geekiness is also good. Doesn't really matter what about (though being geeky about the same things is always nice), but geekiness is important.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
8s need not apply then? :wink:
Indeed, but Fives can!:cool:

Hah. Amusingly enough, my 8 best friend is really only beaten in this respect by a 5 I know. Just have to be able to hold your own until the end of his own argument, and then be able to challenge it directly. It's actually kind of cute to me how hard he holds to things sometimes, only to have me point out the other side of it (not to mention the times he's done it back to me).

To be honest, if we weren't both heterosexual men, we'd have probably hooked up by now.

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
8s are awesome. And according to certain sources, the MOST compatible type with 2. So don't be scared off, 8s. :p

I like... sense of humor, passionate, strong-willed, intelligent, and fair.
Statistically, 8 males and 2 females is a very common pairing; however, 8 females and 2 males is uncommon. 8 females tend to end up with male 4s and 9s.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Many times to my own detriment, in the past I have been attracted to men who "need" me. I tend to fall into relationships with men who come from abusive or troubled pasts and/or have been mistreated at some point in their lives (whether it be by family, peers, significant others) and have trouble trusting and overcoming the effects that the past left on their psyche. Being a natural nurturer I subconsciously seek to provide care and non-judgmental, accepting, stable, dependable love, the kind that everyone needs to grow into a complete human being, the kind that they missed out on or had taken from them. It makes me happy to see someone grow into their potential, to find their inner strength and self-acceptance. However, as I mentioned, there have been times where this attraction has been to my own harm as in many cases one person cannot "fix" all the past wrongs that have occurred in another person's life; sometimes the pain and damage is so deep that professional help is required and simply being a nurturing, supportive partner will not "save" that person from the path they are following. I have learned this the hard way- that sometimes there is only so much you can do for someone, they have to want and commit to actively undergoing the process of healing themselves.

·
Registered
202 Posts
If I am having a "healthy" attraction (as in, not one based on my need to feel needed), I am attracted to those who are kind, selfless, sensitive, compassionate, those who think for themselves and are intelligent, those who have a curious mind and question and seek to constantly learn, those who have an interest or passion for any or all forms of art (particularly music and literature), those who appreciate nature and are drawn to outdoor activities, those who care about healthy living (mind, body and soul), those who are open-minded, non-judgmental, those who feel deeply but who can be objective, those who are analytical, mindful, and above all caring.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Well, my husband has everything I ever asked for really. I've always been attracted to men who were at least somewhat intellectual, introverted, unwavering focus on whatever they have in front of them, someone who has an odd or crude sense of humor, comes off as collective, calm, someone who has a tendency to turn on their silly switch with those they are really close to, good at picking things apart & putting them back together(mentally or physically), someone who won't tolerate any sort of drama & can see right past all the bullshit, etc. I guess those are the most eye-catching qualities. ^_^

OH YES! Let's not forget, must love the outdoors. :)

I guess I'll add that my husband has always fit 5w6 best.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Statistically, 8 males and 2 females is a very common pairing; however, 8 females and 2 males is uncommon. 8 females tend to end up with male 4s and 9s.

Oooo, I could have never seen myself in a long-term relationship with an 8. It could be my tritype though & variants, many factors come into play. :)

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
I tend to be attracted to decisive, structured, can-do type people, who have patience and aren't afraid of affection.

edit
Although, when I'm not super healthy, I tend to fall for people who have emotional problems but also tend to be very sweet. so. I feel like it's a very wide range?

Reactions: Klaro26

·
Registered
INTP 874 sx/sp VLEF melancholic
17,126 Posts
If I am having a "healthy" attraction (as in, not one based on my need to feel needed), I am attracted to those who are kind, selfless, sensitive, compassionate, those who think for themselves and are intelligent, those who have a curious mind and question and seek to constantly learn, those who have an interest or passion for any or all forms of art (particularly music and literature), those who appreciate nature and are drawn to outdoor activities, those who care about healthy living (mind, body and soul), those who are open-minded, non-judgmental, those who feel deeply but who can be objective, those who are analytical, mindful, and above all caring.
You just perfectly described me not only from this post but your previous post as well. :) it's good to know there are girls who imagine my qualities in a healthy relationship. :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
I tend to be attracted to decisive, structured, can-do type people, who have patience and aren't afraid of affection.

edit
Although, when I'm not super healthy, I tend to fall for people who have emotional problems but also tend to be very sweet. so. I feel like it's a very wide range?
Wow this sounds just like me! I would say I've gradually gotten healthier. And as I've matured, the less I could stand guys that don't know what they want in life / change their mind about everything. I used to want to save those same types... hahaha.

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
1. Sense of humor, someone I can easily laugh with who can make me laugh who can laugh at themselves and me. Someone who takes his pursuits seriously as opposed to taking life as a whole seriously.

2. Intellectual, intuitive and independent.

3. Someone who takes responsibility for themselves in a way that frees themselves so they can grow as a person. I'm always changing and growing and I couldn't handle being with someone who never grew his or maturity. I would get bored.

·
Registered
85 Posts
A sense of humor.
A seemingly effortless interaction and ease with one on one communication.
A feeling of connection from first conversation.
Intensity.
Intelligence.
Fantastic taste in music.
Open minded.
Animal lover

·
Registered
38 Posts
Intellectual (able to hold intelligent conversation and debate respectfully without devolving into argument)
Interested in art, music, literature, poetry, film, and unafraid to discuss the deeper meanings and mechanics therein
Kind, patient, difficult to anger (this one may be more personal because of a past abusive relationship)
Honest
Understands my need for alone time and quiet (I'm very INFJ)
Open-minded, accepting and respectful of others; believer in nondiscriminatory equal rights for all humans
In tune with emotions, affectionate, not afraid to be "mushy"

Basically, I want to date a male version of me. Is that narcissistic? Oops. I found him, though. :)

·
Registered
INFJ
1,555 Posts
I'm normally terrible at describing people and what I like about them, but I'll ago ahead and give this a shot.

They have to be intellectual, but also appreciate art (literary art, especially poetry, are the most appealing, but anything can be good). Respectful to others, even if only outwardly. Willing to stand up for their beliefs, but also capable of understanding another's side of the argument, and of realizing that they may not be able to settle a debate at the end (agreeing to disagree, and all that). Being outwardly affectionate is a strong plus, but not required; the ability and willingness to express affection when needed (when I'm feeling insecure, or what have you) is required, though.

Geekiness is also good. Doesn't really matter what about (though being geeky about the same things is always nice), but geekiness is important.
This is my list as well.:happy:

·
Registered
70 Posts
i can completely relate (of course) . it would probably be safe to say that 2's who may have been in abusive relationships or have 'rescue' syndrome ONLY learn the 'hard' way. how many of us were warned by everyone?

nothing makes me happier than helping someone grow to their full potential and sharing that growth with them , as i am so focused on my growth always!

protecting yourself from others taking advantage and the risk of self disclosure are two seemingly new foreign concepts for this 2!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts