Personality Cafe banner

What questions should one ask in personal development?

[Enneagram Type 3] 
812 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Eu_citzen 
#1 ·
I was going to ask what the biggest needle movers are in personal development with the goal of improving quality of life, but decided before I start asking questions, perhaps first I should find out what questions I should be asking.

Originally I was asking the following, but feel free to update if you think there are other things to consider first: How do you decide which direction is going to take you the furthest in living your best possible life? Presumably optimizing one's mental, emotional, and physical health are top of the list (the latter being integral to the first two). Beyond overall health, how does one make the most effective, positive impact possible in quality of life?

Perhaps I should be asking my fellow Nines, but as we're supposed to integrate to Three, I figured it might give me some food for thought to start here. For context, I've been working on myself a lot over the years, and have recently had some breakthroughs in terms of improvement of quality of life. Now I want more...a LOT more. So I was pondering what would give me the biggest bang for the buck, then remembered sometimes bigger isn't always better and thought a little guidance wouldn't hurt, and so I found myself thinking that perhaps a type known for personal improvement might have some useful advice. :happy:

See less See more
#2 ·
A bit late to the party. But I figure, better late then never. And perhaps someone else might find something of value in my thoughts, too.

I'd say the first question to ask yourself is; "Which direction do I want to go in?"
Then you start assessing how to get the furthest there, or how far you may want to go. It's entirely possible you may wish to change directions later.

As for quality of life, i think again that correlates with the above. It depends on what you feel adds value to your life and then acting upon that. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.