Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ISTP's. Your twin here (Except smarter and less edgy). It seems like every ISTP I meet looks salty and irritated, but I know it isn't true. You guys are considered having intimidating looks, though you guys don't scare me. So what ultimately annoy you and how would you react to it? Sorry if I seem like a asshole, but it's the truth. You guys are more of one, haha. :laughing:

·
Banned
5,303 Posts
I'm relatively confident I'm an ISTP.

What annoys me is not being #1. Not understanding something.

I get obsessively hooked on being the best at whatever I set my mind to, I'm simply used to excelling at things in that fashion, so when something doesn't "click" for me - i.e mbti theory and cognitive functions to some extent, sales, small-talk etc.. I'm like.. why am I not getting this?

So I wind up diving down a deep hole of absorbing too much information in a short period of time to force myself to be #1 or force myself to have a complete understanding of something.

Can be the stupidest shit too, like playing basketball with a mate and not landing a shot I know I should have landed.

I'll be wondering what went wrong.. how come it didn't go through? Gives me something to work on for the next shot.. still pisses me off.
And not getting enough alone time.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
So what ultimately annoy you and how would you react to it?
Statements like "Your twin here (Except smarter and less edgy).". I would typically make it a personal goal to erode such over confidence, but then I look at your profile, I see that it says "Gen Z" and I'm like - "yeah, there are better ways to use my time".

·
Registered
603 Posts
Extremely intrusive people.

You know I'm starting to think of something really interesting or I'm trying to concentrate on something I'm doing physically.
And then my sister starts raping my personal space by touching me and being extremely loud.

I can get a bit louder and then she's like "Why do you get angry ?" I don't care about your story about unknown people I don't care of that did something I don't give a shit about at a place I will never set foot on...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Insecure people who act nice towards me, because they seek approval and want me to like them. I get annoyed, give short answers and then ignore them. They bore me and are energy suckers. Blegh.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Things that annoy me may or may not have anything to do with being an ISTP:

*The noise people make when eating with their mouths open. Drives me insane.

*People touching me

*People who won't admit they're wrong when your giving them facts that dispute what they originally thought.

*Having to repeat myself more than twice.

*People not leaving me alone when I really wanna be alone.

*My coworkers asking me every single day what I had for lunch. Why do you fuckin care?

*Someone trying to pressure me into doing something that I made very clear I don't wanna do.

·
Rustle Thy Jimmies
2,414 Posts
I'm relatively confident I'm an ISTP.

What annoys me is not being #1. Not understanding something.

I get obsessively hooked on being the best at whatever I set my mind to, I'm simply used to excelling at things in that fashion, so when something doesn't "click" for me - i.e mbti theory and cognitive functions to some extent, sales, small-talk etc.. I'm like.. why am I not getting this?

So I wind up diving down a deep hole of absorbing too much information in a short period of time to force myself to be #1 or force myself to have a complete understanding of something.

Can be the stupidest shit too, like playing basketball with a mate and not landing a shot I know I should have landed.

I'll be wondering what went wrong.. how come it didn't go through? Gives me something to work on for the next shot.. still pisses me off.
And not getting enough alone time.
While there's no real hard set stereotypes, I've come to notice a trend of diehard trying to be the best at something not really an ISTP trait.

Instead, most I've noticed really only strive for high competency. Being the best, if we do become the best, isn't really a goal or endgame. It just kind of happens. Having said that, we are our own worst critics when it comes to stuff we know can do/should know. We're competitive as fuck against ourselves more than we are other people.

·
Banned
5,303 Posts
While there's no real hard set stereotypes, I've come to notice a trend of diehard trying to be the best at something not really an ISTP trait.

Instead, most I've noticed really only strive for high competency. Being the best, if we do become the best, isn't really a goal or endgame. It just kind of happens. Having said that, we are our own worst critics when it comes to stuff we know can do/should know. We're competitive as fuck against ourselves more than we are other people.
Yeah, I'm competitive against myself more than against others, but I do play to win.

Initially I'll be VS myself. There comes a point where it's time to strike though, imo, and I'll openly challenge whoever is currently at the top and aim for the W.

This is a common theme in my life.
Quiet confidence I guess. But there does come a time where I want to put it into reality.

Happens with the stupidest shit too, like a video game - my mate is great at Mario kart, beats down everyone.
Of course I get into it and learn the ropes and eventually felt like okay, I've got this.
Which for me naturally means time to strike - 1v1 time VS the champ, so to speak.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Doing useless thing, that not fun. What's the point?

Clingy people who needs attention.

Not understanding something, or I say "Why it doesn't work?" Moments.

Disney smile face.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Things that annoy me as an ISTP:

1. Fake people who know they're full of crap but try to play it off cool even though you can see right through

2. Questioning the current conventions / rules because it just don't make sense

3. Sometimes it's hard to read someone on whether they really mean what they say or are they joking.

4. in terms of risk taking I'm all in!! LOL

5. I kinda see that rules are made to be broken because some schmuck made those rules to begin with!

Let me know your thoughts.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Me, personally...

- anything loud
- anything annoying (people)
- long-term ailment
- hairy armpits, especially on women
- scabs
- fuck ugly ducks
- the color neon pink at times
- really dumb people
- really smart people
- people who eat with their mouth open
- people who do whatever other people do to fit in (willingly)
- people who are pretentious shites
- people
- cheese that's really stretchy

·
Registered
366 Posts
What annoys me most is when someone won't give me my alone time.

Or if I tell them I want to spend a few days alone, they immediately jump in: "WHAT DID I DO? Why are you upset with me? We can talk about it? Why are you punishing me?!"

Bish, I'm not punishing you if I want to sit in my panties and drink wine alone for the weekend. :) Calm down. I'll be back. :hugs:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts