Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title is self-explanatory. It's like the other types just love to test your mood.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
For me; its not really "personality types" perse' its that in general I just don't see what value, on a personal level, anyone has by having them in my life.

<<<<<<----------------------take it frum a koon!

Yeah, I need people in order to maintain a healthy fulfilling life & life style. Like I need truck drivers to deliver goods; someone has to manage the store where I buy what I need; someone has to build this or that, etc; I need a doctor, a dentist, etc....... I recognise, need & value those aspects of Human Civilization that benefits all of us. But I don't need to know them nor do I want them do be a part of my life on a personal level. Just don't see the value in peeps, in general in that regard becuase so few of them contribute anything positive to my life, in terms of dealing with them in the day to day grind of everyday living. Leave me to me solitude! Thanx.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
No type based complaints, really. I have a couple specific ones:

An INFJ at work...

After he "found out" my symbols he straight up asked me if I feel emotions at all, then compared me to an estranged family member, probably thinking he'd understand that person better if he studies me. Now there's this weird transference for our every interaction.

Then this fake ass ENFJ that sounds like she's reading off a script every time she opens her mouth. Cut the sh*t and speak like a regular person. We don't all want to be regaled by another tall tale.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I seem to have the most trouble with some ESxP and ExFJ mentalities (I suspect, I don't have official types for most people). Or, in other words, dominant Se and dominant Fe. ESxP have been reactive and irresponsible in a way that I find exhausting to be around, while I've witnessed backhanded expectations and/or martyr complexes from ExFJ that gets under my skin.*

*Disclaimer: This would be the more unpleasant experiences with a handful of individuals; not trying to stereotype all people as being a certain way based on personality type, of course.

·
Registered
11,008 Posts
the trouble for the purposes of the question is: i only know the type of people i know fairly well, and if somebody bothers me i typically take steps to make sure they never reach that status. in very very broad terms based on the people i have come to know fairly well:

- intp. funniest and most meta-brilliant types that i know. also the most inherently, genuinely gentle people. they need to finish their fucking sentences though.

- infp. truly bright and original minds. always worth talking to if all other things are equal. i can be shocked by two things with them though: casual throwaway judginess, and on the other side of that coin the particular flavour they seem to give to their personal grievances. the one is slightly chilling, and the other's embarrassing.

- infj. i don't know any immature infjs. there's a really really good reason for that, but i can't derive it from my real-life acquaintance circle because yeah. when immature, possibly the most abrasive type going, to me.

- entj. i've known a couple of entjs. biggest letdown about those particular people, to me, was the fact that they cared about how other people might perceive them. and the hardest thing for me to deal with was the way they didn't want to admit it so they tended to be very vigilant and thought-police-y about people who genuinely didn't care like they did.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I seem to clash with infjs the most. I suppose it might be summed up where they don't want to be read but they get offended if you don't know what they're thinking. . . and they're generally a bit high maintenance.

but the worst experiences have been with isfp and their tendency towards aggressive passive aggressiveness. it's more situational than traits. . . like they can't turn a door handle without everyone in the bloody room knowing their pissed off. the hostility just exudes from them.. so you hear it, witness it in everything they do. and there's no bloody talking them down from it... they just want to be f'ing angry because they're angry.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I seem to clash with infjs the most. I suppose it might be summed up where they don't want to be read but they get offended if you don't know what they're thinking. . . and they're generally a bit high maintenance.

but the worst experiences have been with isfp and their tendency towards aggressive passive aggressiveness. it's more situational than traits. . . like they can't turn a door handle without everyone in the bloody room knowing their pissed off. the hostility just exudes from them.. so you hear it, witness it in everything they do. and there's no bloody talking them down from it... they just want to be f'ing angry because they're angry.
Not to steer this into the thinker vs. feeler debate, but it is funny how often thinkers have an attitude that emotions need fixing or correcting if it doesn't serve a purpose (at least to them), while feelers tend to want to validate emotions, no matter if it reflects reality or serves them well. There is wisdom to be found in both approaches, but it is a frustrating difference.

I love your avatar by the way.

·
Registered
11,008 Posts
I think it's stjs of some kind. in the workplace there's always a point where it goes horribly wrong and they start micro-auditing my every thought. it wrecks me. I am deeply mistrustful of them by this point.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I struggle most with FJs, especially xSFJ. I appreciate their sentiment as far as wanting to help/take care of me/things; however, it feels infantilizing and patronizing to me. I know that's not their intention but when I ask as nicely as I can to please stop, it offends/hurts them.

I don't judge by type but they are vastly overrepresented in the category of "people I have had turbulent relationships with."

·
Registered
525 Posts
Their existence. Extroverts and sensing types especially can just disappear from the planet, thanks.

·
Banned
2,904 Posts
I don't have any complaints really. Every type has something positive to bring and every type has their weaknesses.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
There are types that I struggle to connect with or even get along with (SJs in particular more than just casually anyways), but I can see their value in the world as a whole.

I don't think a world full of INTJs would be all that great after a while either, and the world would struggle to get menial tasks accomplished if it was nothing but NTs lol - so while I may personally not have an affinity for certain types, I can appreciate what they give to our race as a whole.

·
Sire Dominus Laird
121 Posts
There are types that I struggle to connect with or even get along with (SJs in particular more than just casually anyways), but I can see their value in the world as a whole.

I don't think a world full of INTJs would be all that great after a while either, and the world would struggle to get menial tasks accomplished if it was nothing but NTs lol - so while I may personally not have an affinity for certain types, I can appreciate what they give to our race as a whole.
Someone's gotta do the dishes? :D

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Someone's gotta do the dishes? :D
Not what I was going with - menial was probably the wrong word to use. I meant repetitive, (to me) mind numbing, tasks. I have a friend/acquintance - ISTJ - who does software upgrades and such to MRI equipment. He's not an engineer, he doesn't fix or write the coding or software, he plugs in his machines, figures out what programs/updates need to be done, and reloads whatever needs to be done. He's not really "problem solving" and spends more of his time driving from site to site and waiting for software to upload than anything. Decent job, unique market, and he makes decent money.

I would find what he does horribly mind numbing after a few months once that initial learning curve was over.

He's been doing it over 20 years.

Law enforcement is another one - I did a stint as a cop. It drove me NUTS because I could never solve the underlying problem and in reality, was doing nothing to solve the underlying problem. I could spend all night working on a case, drop someone off at the jail, go write this nice long report, and be heading home, only to see said person walking down the street before I even managed to get off my shift. I literally sat there in my car going "what's the point of my job?!?"

My ISTJ cop buddies made lifetime careers out of it - and while they may move into more leadership, or detective, or some other unit, the basic premises of what they were doing never changed in their lifetime. They're needed in our society, but to me it was a stressful, mind numbing job that only ever reacted to a problem and seldom left room to really SOLVE the problem.

Factory, warehouse, distribution roles - all essential, and require some level of skills, but once the task is down the learning curve definitely starts to flatten. And some people enjoy that and can do that for their entire career, and our world definitely needs people happy to do those things (or willing to).

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
The way I see it, it has more to do with tendency than type. What irks me most is authoritarian personalities (or authoritarian tendencies of personalities that are otherwise not) and the hypocrisy inherent to that sort of thing. Anyone - from ESTJs to INFPs - can exhibit authoritarian traits. I've seen it in friends, families, neighbors, and especially in the workplace. I've seen my INFP BFF and his ENFJ wife browbeat their kids over trivial issues just because they're obsessed with rules and control. Over the course of 20 years, in over a dozen workplaces, I've had to endure being talked down to by left-brain Choleric extroverts with no imagination. The worst ones of those were female Catholics with a Nurse Ratched mentality. They always seem to finagle their way into positions of middle management, or some supervisory role, becoming an entrenched hegemony whose leadership style is based on tearing people down instead of building them up. They represent the antithesis of my Taekwondo sensei, a man who knew how to inspire the best in his "padawans."

Having said that, don't mistake my criticism of that system of things for misogyny. I don't have anything against supervisors and managers being female. It's just a cruel fact of reality, from what I've observed, that women with a certain set of personality traits are even more authoritarian than their male counterparts with the same set of traits. Maybe because they subconsciously feel that they have to prove themselves by being worse control freaks than the "old guard." Even if that's the case, that doesn't give them the right to take their frustration out on us lowly peons. That's hypocrisy. One doesn't become better than their oppressor by oppressing others.

·
Registered
11,008 Posts
thinkers have an attitude that emotions need fixing or correcting if it doesn't serve a purpose (at least to them), while feelers tend to want to validate emotions, no matter if it reflects reality or serves them well.
I haven't noticed this as a sorter on type, because ime everyone[less about 5% of the whole] wants to get in your business somehow if a 'problem' is revealed. I divide them into 'people who'll try to prescribe what you 'should' think or feel' and 'people who'll try to prescribe what you 'should' do. ' but I've never carried that over to trying to mb-type them. I just try to avoid either way.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts