Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty straightforward: what really embarrasses you? Also, are you easily embarrassed?

I feel like I don't get embarrassed about the more typical things - I'm willing to be pretty frank with people and don't typically beat around the bush for fear of embarrassment. But I get super embarrassed about silly things, like waving back at people who weren't waving at me.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Like you, I don't get embarrassed easily and am pretty frank. Especially when someone is trying their best to make me feel embarrassed, I won't, because I will personally add it up a notch myself to kill their efforts. It all just goes to ''awkward'' then :tongue: and I love to see other people feeling awkward (especially if they tried to pull something on me, ha!)

Hmm, I think nobody is supposed to know that for instance I still like 90s britney spears songs... because 90s classics are 90s classics okay :crazy:

other than that I don't really know - maybe the fact that not everyone knows about my bisexuality or something. But I don't think it makes me feel embarrassed, but rather afraid of being judged or viewed differently.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
other than that I don't really know - maybe the fact that not everyone knows about my bisexuality or something. But I don't think it makes me feel embarrassed, but rather afraid of being judged or viewed differently.
Oooh, yeah. I hate acknowledging the gay, and it's so awk 'cause a lot of my close friends like, don't know but do know, you know? Like, I've never said anything about it but I feel like I haven't precisely hid anything, either.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Oooh, yeah. I hate acknowledging the gay, and it's so awk 'cause a lot of my close friends like, don't know but do know, you know? Like, I've never said anything about it but I feel like I haven't precisely hid anything, either.
Hm, that might be possible, why do you think this? Do you ever imagine how it would be if it were just out there?
I have a friend like this of which I never really know what's up. But then again it doesn't really matter and it is up to them to do and behave as the feel comfortable with of course :)

I'm planning to drop more little hints or make more daring comments that may suggest things, i'm not one for keeping 'secrets' anyway :p not at all. As for family, no way, only if I ever end up with a bf or something :p

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hm, that might be possible, why do you think this? Do you ever imagine how it would be if it were just out there?
I have a friend like this of which I never really know what's up. But then again it doesn't really matter and it is up to them to do and behave as the feel comfortable with of course :)

I'm planning to drop more little hints or make more daring comments that may suggest things, i'm not one for keeping 'secrets' anyway :p not at all. As for family, no way, only if I ever end up with a bf or something :p

IDK, it's just intuition I guess. I know that they know that I know that they know. XD

And omg, same. My parents will be eternally kept in the dark (until I get a gf that is). I've only got a mild gay side, though, so it's possible they'll never know.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I don't share the "common" fears of snakes, spiders, heights, etc., but I have social anxiety and really hate awkward social situations, and I have a fear that I'm not "doing it" (whatever "it" is, socializing, I guess) right.

Reactions: greye

·
Registered
3,946 Posts

IDK, it's just intuition I guess. I know that they know that I know that they know. XD

And omg, same. My parents will be eternally kept in the dark (until I get a gf that is). I've only got a mild gay side, though, so it's possible they'll never know.
Haha, *knows the feel and situation*

And yes, the side is mild :p there's no need to disclose this information, wouldn't really do much good. Though I never made it a secret to mother that I visited my gayfriend abroad for over 5 times now and stay a week or so. Buuuuut, i've visited so many people abroad already that at the same time it doesn't have to mean anything per se.

Reactions: greye

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
The usual: saying something stupid in front of a group of people, being shown up, having my logic corrected, making a huge mistake.

What I find weirder tho is my frequent bouts of "secondhand embarrassment," where I can hardly stand people making fools of themselves -- either through irrational arguments or loss of emotional control. It's so bad that sometimes I can't stand looking at a television screen if a character is having a total emotional meltdown.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What I find weirder tho is my frequent bouts of "secondhand embarrassment," where I can hardly stand people making fools of themselves -- either through irrational arguments or loss of emotional control. It's so bad that sometimes I can't stand looking at a television screen if a character is having a total emotional meltdown.
:dejection: Lordy lordy, I relate so hard. Even envisioning it now makes me uncomfortable. I feel such bad secondhand embarrassment that I have a hard time watching comedies because a lot of the plot is characters ending up in awkward situations. I've got friends I can't even hang out with sometimes because they're so blind to social protocol that it hurts.

·
Registered
272 Posts
When everyone is singing "Happy Birthday" to you in a crowded restaurant and your inner monologue looks something like this:

Ughhh..
What do I look at?
Staring at my free dessert seems safe.
I wonder how fake my smile looks right now.
I bet wax museums are creepy as hell.
Who invented the first candle again?
Thanks for nothing, Artemis!
Man, Spielberg is going to do such a great job on Ready Player One.
Shit. How long have they been waiting for me to blow out this candle?
..And now I'm clapping for myself.

Reactions: odinthor

·
Registered
ENFP
4,206 Posts
Giving a presentation with spinach stuck in between my teeth.

Clumsily serving food to guests excited but plopping it unexpectedly while they anticipate a smooth landing. I love entertaining people with food, but my clutiziness can be.. 8[

Sweaty hand palm shake.

The monthly womanly thing of possibly having a chance to stain my behind as a walk past a secret crush, and it happens in a pair of white slacks. Of course. Or worse yet, having a string of toilet paper roll stuck from beneath my heals as I once again, walk past from my secret crush. Once more.

Why me moments are quintessential to my daily life I'd say.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hmm. Like others have said, I don't really get embarrassed. I'm a sociable free spirit in the sense that I will talk about anything to anyone. The dude at auto zone had long hair and I asked how long he'd been growing it out and said how much I liked it. I took off my hat and was like "does my hair look like yours when it was this length?" I'm not sure if people would ask that to a stranger, but for me, it felt right at home. When I know I'm being watched and judged on my performance, I can get embarrassed at times, if that's the right word. Maybe more self-conscious.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I mortified myself a year ago and I am still trying to get over it! I have done things that would probably mortify most people, like peeing myself at the podium while giving a debate speech in high school (which I laughed at after getting over an initial shock of a few minutes) and have been perfectly fine.

What really mortified me was a prank gone wrong. Sorta. A guy who was in a higher class than me in college had my library card and would only give it back in exchange for cookies, so I made him chocolax-chip cookies! He ate two of them and was hit hard! He thought it was funny, but I ended up being accused of lying and having my reputation ruined in the eyes of people I respected. It took me months to get to the point where I wasn't crying every night, and even now I am still kinda upset about it. I wanted to disappear from everyone because I felt horrible, even when everyone else forgot what happened. They had no idea how badly I was upset by their accusations. :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts