Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
The No More Hero
18,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm asking this around the different personality types sub-forums because I believe different personality types are scared of different things, so I want to know, ENFPs, what are you scared of and why?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Not sure if these are fears or anxious thoughts as a cp 6w5.

I get really anxious if i think i may have disappointed someone, i want peace and harmony, always. I hate not having closer in my life with relationships, it brings me both fear and anxiety. I fear going though this world constantly being misunderstood. I fear dying and leaving my family behind to suffer my loss. I fear letting people too close to me, i guard and protect my myself, consistently, i fear letting go of that fear o_O I could go on and on, but i think you get the jest of it. Fi is both a blessing and a curse, it insist on hiding all vulnerabilities. I fear my internal monologue will have complete power over me forever. At the same time i wouldn't want it any other way, constant battle and struggle .

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
My worst fears have to do with disappointing others and their expectations of me, however I often do because I don't like their expectations -.- this is a struggle I have to deal with thou. Some of it is just me projecting my own expectations of myself, so there is that. I have some deep seated fears regarding the social aspect of life and difficulties in asserting myself partially due to my wants being somewhat (ok a lot) selfish despite being realistic and rather minimal and my interests are also rather eccentric, hell I AM rather eccentric.

I fear losing my parents, brother and losing friends, this does not extend to acquaintances or other ppl I do not know.

I fear dieing alone and unloved because I fear commitment a lot. (feels like being trapped in a single choice)

I fear not being a good person and guilt can be a problem for me (lots of it).

Worst of all I fear what other people think. Thou I shouldn't let it get to me the way it does. Why do I? Grrrrr..

·
Banned
4,611 Posts
I'm more scared of disappointing myself than disappointing others. But I'm scared of disappointing others too. I don't want to be a failure at life, a bad person, etc. I'm also scared of my parents dying; I've been scared of that my whole life (the only real downside of being close to one's parents).

Also rape, being mugged, being stalked, the state of the world. If I notice a weird physical symptom, I get scared about what it means and hypochondriac it up.

·
The Macabre
3,145 Posts
I'm afraid of disappointing myself and others, and losing who I am. I'm caught in a polarity between what makes me happy and what makes others happy, and I want to balance it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
As other had say dissapointing others, but also I am scared of being alone and don't have anyone to love/be loved by.

Reactions: Aya the Abysswalker

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
My ex girlfriend scares the shit out of me. As soon as I see her, I can feel the adrenaline rising. She's not an especially physically intimidating person, but given all of the negative emotional shit she can send at me and has sent at me, all of the crap we put eachother through and I put myself through, as soon as she's there I want to run and run and run.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Oh and wasps. Hate those yellowjacket bastards and their mindless aggression/inane desire to have a party in my cola.

And I'm scared of getting too close to people I think. But then I'm also scared of not being close to anyone. So I end up with lots of friends, but often they're just friendly faces I hold at arm's distance.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
I am afraid of becoming one of those people who cause harm to others because they are completely oblivious to themselves. I also dislike disappointing people, but to me, making sure I am self aware is safe guard against things like that. If I am not blind to myself, then I would know it if I disappointed someone and could perhaps fix it.

I am also afraid of causing unintentional emotional harm to my children. For instance, doing something with the intentions of doing right for them, attempting to do what I think is best, and finding out when they are grown that they are angry with me because they feel it caused them emotional harm. I would say this also falls in line with fearing being misunderstood...or at least, I dislike it very much when I am misunderstood. I don't like it when good intentions or innocent intentions are taken as bad intentions.

I fear dying, leaving my young children motherless.

I fear regret and I fear unhappiness.

If you mean scared of as in physical things, I am afraid of heights, home invasion, kidnapping, being tortured and murdered.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Failing to leave the world a significantly better place than it was before I entered it (only surpassed by the fear of being unable to forgive myself, should that come to pass).

And because I am honest: fear of losing the things I like the most about myself physically. Which I guess means I identify with those physical attributes. Hmm. Scary.

I also fear perpetuating certain behaviors I learned from my parents. Which is why I am not afraid, of therapy. ;)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts