Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
The No More Hero
18,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm asking this around the different personality types sub-forums because I believe different personality types are scared of different things, so I want to know, ENTPs, what are you scared of and why?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
353 Posts
That my life will be useless or something like that, like i will be just a tiny little ant whos existance doesent mean anything.
all of this

everyday i picture myself in the future as someone really important and unique to the world but my biggest fear is that maybe that's never gonna happen
:sad:

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
being controlled.

·
Banned
450 Posts
In a nutshell: Being too dependent.

I can't stand the thought of winding up in a "retirement home." I left home at the age of eighteen because I got tired of the folks saying, "this is our home, our rules." I didn't like it, so I left. I've dumped girlfriends because they were too (by my standards) controlling. I broke an engagement because my prospective in-laws wanted to tell me what to do. In my mind they had ZERO right to think they could treat me like a child and criticize my actions/decisions. I didn't want to argue with them or discuss it in any way.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Losing my independence and becoming dependent on other people. I am always prepared in one way or another to get myself out of situations and have always looked out for myself. I'm always thinking 20 steps ahead of things and prevent getting myself in bad situations that I can't bail myself out of easily. Also I'm afraid of failure and taking a path of the many paths I see that leads to failure. Ultimately, death is a bit scary because all the ambitions and things I want to do would ultimately not be fulfilled.

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
I can surely understand that fear very well... I'm always sacred of not being able to bring something new.
that is not a typical ENTP fear.

if you read it in the right light, the vast majority of entp responses always deal with not having control of our own destiny. jumping out of a plane is freefall - no control over where we land.

the guy with the inlaws - someone tried to control him, so he nuked the entire relationship and refused to discuss the options.

entp's have different variations, but we truly dislike (understatement) someone trying to control us.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I think I can summarize this thread.

We fear that we are unable to spawn possibilities. We fear that we are unable to look towards the future. We fear that we will become too stagnant, and narrow-minded towards possibilities. We fear that we will be controlled, unable to take actions and to make those possibilities that will lead us to control of our own destiny.

Basically the ENTP fear is to get stripped from EVERYTHING that makes us ENTP.

:cool: amirite?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think I can summarize this thread.

We fear that we are unable to spawn possibilities. We fear that we are unable to look towards the future. We fear that we will become too stagnant, and narrow-minded to possibilities.

Basically the ENTP fear is to get stripped from EVERYTHING that makes us ENTP.

:cool: amirite?

Amen! (I'd so trade all this for a basic fear of snakes...)

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
I fear death. Far too much to do, far too little time, and each choice blocks off another set of choices I can't make. For every path you choose, that are only finite options branching from it. Each choice means something and I fear I've already or will in the future: fuck up to the point that there will be branches and things I will want to do but will not have social connections, enough money, or will be too old to try.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts