Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
The No More Hero
18,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm asking this around the different personality types sub-forums because I believe different personality types are scared of different things, so I want to know, INTJs, what are you scared of and why?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Nothing makes me more anxious than being in an unknown situation. It makes me feel a lack of control and thus vulnerable.

I also have a very slight fear of heights (specifically I hate the physical sensation of falling) and a very strong fear of needles. You know, typical phobias.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Scary:
- Death of someone close to me.
- Injury resulting in any amputation (Especially my hands, without them... bye bye 99% of my hobbies).
- A situation where you know you're gonna die within the next few minutes (Example: plane crash, parachute refuses to open).
- 5th floor stair design in some malls where while you ascend you could totally see ground floor.

Freaky kind of scary:
- Real gore pictures (Ex: Black Dahlia, Madrid 2004 train bombings, etc. Just type them in Google image search at your own risk.)
- Being forced to watch the movie "The Fourth Kind" in the cinema twice and a half in succession because your friends are all cozy and sleeping.

Irrational fear:
- Cockroaches. Flying cockroaches.
- Centipedes
- A certain melody whose title I don't specifically know but is stuck in my memory. It was made as a background back then for a local TV news broadcast's information bulletin (lost and founds, missing persons, obituaries) in our area. Good thing the music has changed now and I don't want to hear that eerie music ever again.
- As a school-age child, I was afraid of hearing Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, Paul de Senneville's Ballade pour Adeline and Claude Debussy's Rêverie. However, growing up, I've learned to love that Claude Debussy piece.

Reactions: Aya the Abysswalker

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Like others, I have a fear of being dependent on others, feeling vulnerable, and feeling out of control. I also fear abandonment by loved ones, either through death or other reasons. I fear being helpless; the idea of growing old, and weak, and dependent seems absolutely horrible.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Being tickled.

Reactions: ohnawkmik

·
Registered
227 Posts
I am not afraid of anything. I'm not saying that I wouldn't feel some
anxiety at the sight of a huge bear aggressively charging at me, but
I do not fear it nor will I fear it if it happens.

People are afraid of what they don't know, and I like to learn about just
everything. It is much more gratifying and satisfying to make the effort
to learn about our world than to stay afraid and become religious LOL

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Nothing that I know of.

I have felt anxious, I have felt uneasy, I have felt uncertain, I have felt suspicious. I cannot think of one instance in my life where I have ever been scared or felt fear.

fear
/fi(ə)r/
Noun
An unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat.

·
Wielding the mafia banhammer
1,514 Posts
Helplessness. Dependency. Being trapped, with no way out.

The thought of becoming apathetic terrifies me.

Spiders. Hairy, face-sized spiders.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Instability. I am not at my best when I have unstable aspects in my life, and it leads to all kinds of secondary chronic anxiety.

But my biggest fear is any kind of physical injury or anything medical. I cannot handle it. Can't do the dentist, can't do shots, can't do minor flesh wounds or dangerous activities that could lead to injury without losing my shit.

·
Meh.
8,054 Posts
Man-eating animals. It's a mix of fear and respect.

I'm also uncomfortable in the dark. Mainly due to poor eyesight that leaves me feeling quite volnurable: knowing I can't see what others can see.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts