I'm asking this around the different personality types sub-forums because I believe different personality types are scared of different things, so I want to know, INTJs, what are you scared of and why?
- Death of someone close to me.
- Injury resulting in any amputation (Especially my hands, without them... bye bye 99% of my hobbies).
- A situation where you know you're gonna die within the next few minutes (Example: plane crash, parachute refuses to open).
- 5th floor stair design in some malls where while you ascend you could totally see ground floor.
Freaky kind of scary:
- Real gore pictures (Ex: Black Dahlia, Madrid 2004 train bombings, etc. Just type them in Google image search at your own risk.)
- Being forced to watch the movie "The Fourth Kind" in the cinema twice and a half in succession because your friends are all cozy and sleeping.
- Cockroaches. Flying cockroaches.
- A certain melody whose title I don't specifically know but is stuck in my memory. It was made as a background back then for a local TV news broadcast's information bulletin (lost and founds, missing persons, obituaries) in our area. Good thing the music has changed now and I don't want to hear that eerie music ever again.
- As a school-age child, I was afraid of hearing Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, Paul de Senneville's Ballade pour Adeline and Claude Debussy's Rêverie. However, growing up, I've learned to love that Claude Debussy piece.
Like others, I have a fear of being dependent on others, feeling vulnerable, and feeling out of control. I also fear abandonment by loved ones, either through death or other reasons. I fear being helpless; the idea of growing old, and weak, and dependent seems absolutely horrible.
I am not afraid of anything. I'm not saying that I wouldn't feel some
anxiety at the sight of a huge bear aggressively charging at me, but
I do not fear it nor will I fear it if it happens.
People are afraid of what they don't know, and I like to learn about just
everything. It is much more gratifying and satisfying to make the effort
to learn about our world than to stay afraid and become religious LOL
Instability. I am not at my best when I have unstable aspects in my life, and it leads to all kinds of secondary chronic anxiety.
But my biggest fear is any kind of physical injury or anything medical. I cannot handle it. Can't do the dentist, can't do shots, can't do minor flesh wounds or dangerous activities that could lead to injury without losing my shit.