Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
The No More Hero
18,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm asking this around the different personality types sub-forums because I believe different personality types are scared of different things, so I want to know, ISTJs, what are you scared of and why?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
433 Posts
How so? In which situations?
It's the fear of failing. I mean in failing in something I put my heart into would be demeaning to myself. Hell, I'm talking about performing or not being enough as a person. This is probably one of the reasons I'm more of a reactive person.

Which situations? As I said this is in motion throughout my life. -- in performing for an audience, socially, etc.

I guess you could say it's the fear of rejection of my abilities and my self that is the theme of my fears. I need to be accepted by being good enough. But when will I ever be good enough to be confident enough to go through with what I need to do?

I just realized thiswould most likely be a good starting point for me finding my Enneagram.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
The fear of becoming dependent on someone else and not providing for myself.
The fear of not keeping my promises/word.
The fear of enmeshment with another.
The fear of losing my privacy.
The fear of losing my self control.
And lastly, the fear of the unknown. :shocked:

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Failure, bugs, heights, bein forgotten by people I care about or no longer bein useful.
Failure is the biggest one, add bein a pessimist to it and voila.
There is another but,I'll keep it to myself.

Reactions: Aya the Abysswalker

·
Registered
112 Posts
Being alone in the dark is one of my greatest fear, darn I feel unease If I can't see my surroundings, It's like something scary is lurking somewhere and just waiting to strike me anytime If I let my guard down.:crazy:
The other two fears I have Is leaving my comfort zone and deep waters cause I can't swim haha

·
Registered
4 Posts
Are we talking phobias? Or other, more deep-seated fears? Personally, I don't have any phobias, and I tend not to think of things that could possibly happen in the future such as "becoming a vegetable". If it happens, more than likely, it's beyond my control, so I don't waste time, or energy thinking about it. Wait, I lied. Deadlove above me nailed it on the head. I am terrified of being in close quarters in the dark. Not so much terrified, but it makes me uneasy and I tend to hyperventilate and lose control. Not fun.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hope

·
Registered
188 Posts
usually i m pretty pesimistic guy. I think i know how world works and i m ok with that. I m used to dissapoitments, to be unhappy, to be misunderstood - it s just how life is.
Sometimes something changes, something comes into my life which shows me it can be better, that i m wrong in my beliefs but that is always gone quicker then it s come and what is left is usually agony.
I can deal with life as it comes but it s agony to see something better and know it s not meant for you.
No, hope is something that brings agony and that is why i am afraid of it

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
1 - 20 of 52 Posts