Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The No More Hero
18,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm asking this around the different personality types sub-forums because I believe different personality types are scared of different things, so I want to know, ISFJs, what are you scared of and why?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
196 Posts
The unknown, rejection, and things going opposite of how I planned. This is because for one, I get terrible anxiety over things when I'm unsure of the outcome. Rejection, because I truly value what others think of me, and on the inside I want others to love me as much as I love them. And lastly things going opposite as I've planned which kind of goes along with the unknown. When I envision things looking or going a certain way, it's really difficult when it doesn't end up that way. It could even apply to small things. Like I was at the store a few days ago looking for a planner booklet and I had it envisioned in a way in my head and I didn't end up buying one because what I had envisioned wasn't anywhere at the store. It's a real problem haha

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am terrified of the unknown, rejection, pain (my own and pain caused to others), and death (losing people I love, specifically). The unknown and rejection are more daily fears that are usually somewhat minor. I really am terrified of losing people I love and how this will affect my other loved ones.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
^all good and creative answers.. what about phobias? I'm knew an ISFJ who was abnormally and reallyyyyy creeped out by lizards and snakes. She and I were flipping through a book together when a picture of snakes appeared, causing her to shield her eyes and dart away from me as fast as she can. I just laughed and tried to scare her more, but she was actually serious. Am I missing a correlation or something? Because my aunt (ISFJ) is also like that, as well as one other.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Of dying before achieving the things that are important to me; like dying without finishing writing my novel and at least attempting to get it published (even if it never does). It fills me with incredible anxiety to miss things.

·
Registered
7 Posts
^all good and creative answers.. what about phobias? I'm knew an ISFJ who was abnormally and reallyyyyy creeped out by lizards and snakes. She and I were flipping through a book together when a picture of snakes appeared, causing her to shield her eyes and dart away from me as fast as she can. I just laughed and tried to scare her more, but she was actually serious. Am I missing a correlation or something? Because my aunt (ISFJ) is also like that, as well as one other.
I have an extreme reaction to snakes, and not a good reaction. My body goes very cold, then very hot, and I am so afraid that I look under my bed sometimes to make sure there isn't one under it. It goes so far, that sometime when I'm tucking my toddler in, it can't sit in front of her bed with my legs, or knees under it, because my mind starts thinking a snake is under it... idk where it comes from, it's quite crippling.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts