Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The No More Hero
18,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm asking this around the different personality types sub-forums because I believe different personality types are scared of different things, so I want to know, ESTJs, what are you scared of and why?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Rejection is a big thing. Not even just in relationships. Also rejection of my ideas/etc. I am already not the most confident of ESTJs (which I know sounds like a contradictory statement, but it isn't), and I need to know that when I put myself out there with a thought, an idea, etc, that it will be backed and not discarded as "stupid".

Also, the opposite of respect (I can't think of a word for it right now). I need to be respected even if I am not well-liked. The prospect of me losing respect or not having respect with certain people to begin with is unbearable.

Boredom isn't necessarily something I am "scared" of in the traditional sense, but I think I would place it in this category. I like to be doing something. Both physically (knitting would count) and mentally (receiving new information, etc). If I am cooped up too long without anything to do, or am forced to do the same things over and over... I think I am pretty easily bored with the same things anyway, which is why I need to have many things around me that I can do.

Loneliness. Not the same thing as alone time. I value some alone time. But feeling utterly alone is not fun. Even when I don't always have people around me, I am in contact with people over the internet, texting, etc. Being truly alone for any huge amount of time (not including when I am reading or the like) is something I do not enjoy.

And, if we're being petty, spiders. I cannot stand the creatures. Which I think is funny as I'm not really squeamish around most bugs. I even love snakes and want a pet snake. Just any kind of arachnid (this would include scorpions and the like) kinda freak me out. I am known for screaming and/or jumping and/or running away when I see one. And it takes me a while to recover from the scare if I notice one is actually on me. *shudders* nasty little creatures.

I listed them in order. The first one is the one I am most scared of, etc.

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
The only thing I'm afraid of, is failure. I don't fail. Period.

·
Registered
828 Posts
1. Rejection.
2. Being regarded as stupid or ignorant, or just in a condescending way in general.
3. To be put in a lower position or demoted because of a stupid incompetent leader.
4. To be responsible for something or someone I cannot control/does not have authority over.

Reactions: Aya the Abysswalker
1 - 4 of 4 Posts