Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'd like to know what sets off your Ne function? In other words, if you're in a neutral situation or an unfamiliar location (walking into a room full of strangers, first-date, etc.), what gets your Ne rolling?

For me, when I'm with people whom I suspect are sensors, I'll make comments on physical things in the area, like what they were doing or what they're holding in their hands, and I'll just go for from there. It really helps set my Ne off to get a conversation rolling.

If I'm with other Intuitives, I'll just play off of the conversation's words themselves into some random, abstract, and hilarious direction.

What sets your Ne off?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Better question: what doesn't? Because there is quite literally nothing that won't set it off. I could literally be in a room of nothing and then I'd go off on the possibilities of nothing, and having something from nothing, like the big bang, and then we're gone.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Hey guys,

I'd like to know what sets off your Ne function? In other words, if you're in a neutral situation or an unfamiliar location (walking into a room full of strangers, first-date, etc.), what gets your Ne rolling?

For me, when I'm with people whom I suspect are sensors, I'll make comments on physical things in the area, like what they were doing or what they're holding in their hands, and I'll just go for from there. It really helps set my Ne off to get a conversation rolling.

If I'm with other Intuitives, I'll just play off of the conversation's words themselves into some random, abstract, and hilarious direction.

What sets your Ne off?
Dude, I'm ENTP. My Ne is on 24/7. That's like asking what gets my circulatory system going in the morning. It just does. This is the way it works with all dominant functions. It's helpful to keep this in mind, because an ISTJ (for example) has Si going nonstop for him. I like to think of dominant functions as the gifted curse, because most of the time, the off switch is just broken.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts